Rangers win Div 2 - Jon Daly celebrates scenario....

rfc_watp

He comes onto the Ibrox turf wearing the tri-colour as he did when Dundee Utd won the Scottish Cup.

How would you react?

This is particularly directed at those who have been saying it doesnt matter if hes Irish, move on, its the 21st century, so on and so forth :P

:power_of_anguish:

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does being a Loyalist mean you have to hate Irish people? If you're ok with booing a Rangers player simply because he comes from Ireland then go ahead, to me he is a Rangers player first a foremost.

People all over the country are tarring all Muslims with the same brush, while the media tar all Rangers fans with the same brush, and all British people are being tarred with the same brish. You are just doing the same thing that our enemies are doing to us.

Id like to see how youd react if Daly scores the goal that wins us the league this season. And if us winning the league this year is dampened in your mind by the fact that one of our players is Irish then I feel sorry for you.

Well put.

How can you react to a guy waving the flag of his country?

Fire in, if someones proud of what they are and they want to show it then ive no problem with it whatsover. As long as he remembers where he is.

William of orange has never been mentioned when debating that rag ever before but now somecunt like Daly signs and the Rangers fans go into meltdown trying to rationale and justify the flag by bringing that up ....

The debate has move on from the initial point, someone has even mentioned flying the tricolour themselfs and as for the rest of yous if your happy to see it at Ibrox and happy to make all sorts of pish excuses for the country of Ireland itself, then I'm entitled to think the worst

Absolutely pig sick reading the replies in this thread, I don't know this club and its once great fan base of ours anymore it's absolutely tragic reading for someone like me

I can hear some of you snigger saying good to yourselfs

You know Rangers is a football club right?

Relax :lol:

Some people, like myself, just don't give a fuck about anything to do with religion or nationality surrounding our club. I just like watching us play the game of football. Hardly a crime

He comes onto the Ibrox turf wearing the tri-colour as he did when Dundee Utd won the Scottish Cup.

How would you react?

This is particularly directed at those who have been saying it doesnt matter if hes Irish, move on, its the 21st century, so on and so forth :P

I would don some Tricolours in tribute and get a huge Shamrock and a Leprecaun and we would all have a Irish Jig!

You know Rangers is a football club right?

Relax :lol:

Some people, like myself, just don't give a fuck about anything to do with religion or nationality surrounding our club. I just like watching us play the game of football. Hardly a crime

Well said. I'm the same. I don't get caught up in all the political pish.

I may be wrong but I'm guessing the op of this very worthwhile thread is of Timothy persuasion and he is looking for a bite either way I'm pretty sure daly wouldn't do that....did paddy McCourt wrap the n.ireland flag round himself at the peadodome celebrations? Even if he did, although I understand some wouldn't be best pleased I wouldn't care tbh....

Im sure the op is just a bear with concerns ;) Tricolour loyal :pipe:

How would you react?

who cares

Who cares what flag he waves. he could come out wearing nothing but a flag and I still wouldn't care because we would be celebrating winning a TITLE!

We would be celebrating the next stage of the journey complete.

Exactly. He could come out wearing a full latex gimp suit and a pizza box as far as I'm concerned.

The OP is looking for a volatile comment upon which to latch to.

For me, I wouldn't care if he walked onto the pitch wrapped in a tricolour, carrying rosary beads being blessed by the local priest .... He is a Rangers player, we are a broad church and we should welcome any player... of any persuasion who has helped us secure another title.

Religion has no place in football .... end of !!

For me, I wouldn't care if he walked onto the pitch wrapped in a tricolour, carrying rosary beads being blessed by the local priest .... He is a Rangers player, we are a broad church and we should welcome any player... of any persuasion who has helped us secure another title.

Hahahha fucking brilliant.

Nonsense! Football, Politics and Religion go hand in hand all over the world always has always will.

Try telling footballers that religion has no place in football see how you get on!

Wouldnt bother me in the slightest as long as he does the job on the park. Have to say though he would be a legend if he did whip out a tricolour but with blue where the green is :D

I have no problem with the Irish, have mixed with many Irish people in my work and academic surroundings and got on fine with the vast majority who were good people.