Arnold Peralta signed.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the footage I've seen he looks brutal - might take us all by surprise though and turn out to be a real find ! Got a funny feeling we are going to really take to him - here's hoping

Was thinking the same. He looks like my sort of player in that what he lacks in ability he kicks lumps out of opponents. Really hope he does well for us as I like him already from what I've seen.

He's signed a 4 year deal according to the Sun.

RANGERS have sealed the deal to sign Honduras ace Arnold Peralta.

SunSport can reveal the 24-year-old Deportivo Vida midfielder has agreed a four-year contract.

Peralta, capped 13 times, held transfer talks with Ally McCoist last month.

The move was delayed due to paperwork issues but it’s understood Gers are on the verge of announcing the deal has been completed.

Peralta played in the London Olympics for Honduras, and several clubs in his homeland hoped to hijack the move when it wasn’t officially rubber stamped.

But Peralta is now on board before next season’s Second Division campaign.

He joins Cammy Bell, John Daly, Nicky Law and Nicky Clark at Ibrox.

Gaffer McCoist is still in the States after a charity fundraiser but returns to Scotland on Tuesday.

He’s now targeting central defenders as he looks to strengthen his squad.

But striker Kenny Miller is also still on his wish list with talks this week.

The Scotland star is with Vancouver Whitecaps but could be ready for a THIRD stint with Gers.

Meanwhile, PFA Scotland have advised Bell, Law, Daly and Clark not to play for Gers until September.

This week the SFA and the SFL gave the green light for the quartet to appear as trialists in friendlies, league matches and Ramsden Cup ties in July and August.

However, the signing embargo from last year means that the players can’t be registered with the SFA until September 1 — and the PFA warns they’ll be taking a gamble.

The union fears they may not be covered if they sustain a serious injury.

Ex-Hibs and Livingston midfielder Stuart Lovell, now player liaison officer with the PFA, said: “I’m not talking about categorical assurances.

“If they have it in writing that picking up an injury won’t affect their contractual status, then I would say they’re fine.

“Without that it’s different. If a player’s contract of employment hasn’t started then can the club turn round and say it’s not their responsibility to pay for their operation? It’s clear as mud.”

The union points out that there is a precedent for deals being ripped up.

Lovell added: “Slask Wroclaw centre-half Jaroslaw Fojut agreed a three-year pre-contract with Celtic in January of last year but suffered cruciate ligament damage in the final game of the season — at which point the SPL champions pulled out.”