It's a shame. Not nice to see.

I've a lot of time for Gordon, met him more than once on a personal level and he's a decent guy and a good Bear in every sense of the word

This x 100%. Met him a couple of times and found him to be an absolute gentleman. Sad news indeed.

I noticed the AIB are involved. They are being a shower of bastards just now to any company who owe them. Slashing overdrafts and refusing to invest in companies.

Gone are the heady days when if you had a sound business idea they were the "go to" bank.

Sorry to hear this about Smith.

I noticed the AIB are involved. They are being a shower of bastards just now to any company who owe them. Slashing overdrafts and refusing to invest in companies.

Gone are the heady days when if you had a sound business idea they were the "go to" bank.

Sorry to hear this about Smith.

Not sure that's the bank bud.........think it's Accountants in Bankruptcy.

If his bank was indeed AIB then he would have had problems raising funds elsewhere to go there.

BTW when I read my first reaction when aib was of the bank.

Not sure that's the bank bud.........think it's Accountants in Bankruptcy.

If his bank was indeed AIB then he would have had problems raising funds elsewhere to go there.

BTW when I read my first reaction when aib was of the bank.

Cheers mate. My mistake

His story is in the Sunday Post, he says his losing his job at Rangers was the final straw that led to his financial collapse. He said the economic climate was central to the collapse of his business investments, however it was the loss of his role as Director of Football at Rangers FC that proved fatal to his finances. The headline on the front page of the Sunday Post about his story says "GERS AXE COST US OUR HOME", so again it seems Rangers FC are to blame not his Business dealings.

Bad news and I hope things get better for him.

Not long after Gordon Smith became Director of Football at Rangers , my son ( a Rangers daft 14 year old schoolboy at the time ) sent him an email about possible signing targets he could go for. Quite detailed , if i may say so myself, about various positions and why they were affordable with possible resale value. Anyway, I had no idea he had done this and started worrying about any reply , specially since he hadn't mentioned his age in the email.

I needn't have worried. Gordon Smith answered back, thanking him for his effort, saying he had passed it on to the scouting department and once he'd settled down he would be back in contact to invite him down to Murray Park for a chat.

Sadly a wee while later he was gone .

Just thought I'd share that to let you know the measure of the man.