Helicopter Sunday - Craig Bellamy view

"I was in shock. I went back to my apartment where Claire and the kids were waiting. But I needed to be by myself. I left them at the apartment, went straight to the airport and got a flight to Cardiff. I didn’t sleep for two days.

I felt tormented by it. I thought I was cursed, I thought I was destined never to win anything. I stayed at my mum and dad’s house and drank."

From Bellamy's new book.

If he felt that bad imagine how wee Lemmon felt.

The thought still cheers me up :7325:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another part of it.

From Craig Bellamy's autobiography: 'It was going to be a ‘Helicopter Sunday’. The league trophy would be airborne until its destination was decided one way or the other.

When Chris Sutton scored 29 minutes in, we were cruising. As long as it stayed like that, there was nothing Rangers could do.

As the end of the game drew nearer, we started to get nervous and there were two minutes left to play

when it happened.

A mis-hit shot bounced into our area and Scott McDonald cushioned it on his chest and then hooked it over our goalkeeper, Rab Douglas, into the net.

Rangers were winning 1-0 at Easter Road. A sense of panic swept over us. We had to score again. We threw everybody forward. But then Motherwell broke forward and McDonald scored again.

We had lost 2-1 and lost the league by a point. I was vaguely aware that the noise of a helicopter buzzing overhead had disappeared. It was carrying the SPL trophy to Easter Road.

It was a desperate, desperate feeling. We went into the changing rooms and there was just silence.

I have heard Neil Lennon say it was the most sickening blow of his career.'

Bellamy was paid £70k a week to bring the title home. 4 years later it was the same with Robbie Keane!

Both went home empty handed and yet they claim we had a sporting advantage!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha................................

Surprised he never accused Hibs & Motherwell of cheating.

The original and best Helicopter Sunday.What a glorious day!

Plenty tarriers accused Hibs of cheating, as when we went 1-0 the last 20 minutes was just keep ball in each others halfs amongst ourselfs, it was like the players were warming up before the game. Both teams were happy to do it as it also meant Hibs got into Europe. Much to timmy anger :lol: