City of London finance genius set to buy into Rangers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always good to hear of people wanting to invest in our club, and he claims to be a fan too.

The guy worked hard to get where he is despite his disability, and he'll need that determination if he has to deal with even half the stuff that's been going on in the boardroom in recent times

Nothing here but good news.

Great news if true. Sad the paper mentions disability more than necessary. ..Whats the big deal?

True. But not as reckless as the BBC website gossip column. Despite there being no focus on this in the Record's article above, it's link to the story leads on the fact that Prior is from an 'Irish-Catholic background'. Reckless journalism trying to discredit a potential investor in the eyes of the support. They obviously don't realise that the majority of fans have moved on from worrying about this type of thing. I personally only care if the investor has the right motives for investing and the good of the club is a priority.

he says it's 100% his own money

Next question, he is a man who makes money for a living.

Is he doing this because he knows our shre price will rise, or is he doing it for the love of the game?

I can't see him having enough money to be able to run a football club of our size.

As long as he isn't wanting dividends on his shares, I have no problem with him doing this to make money.

Really not liking all these money makers appearing all of a sudden.

It's making me feel uneasy.

I must say im not sure what to make of this, Mr Prior is obviously a pretty smart and tough guy to have made his money in the cut throat world of high finance despite his disability but is he the right man for Rangers? I would hope so and at least unlike Shyte who also came out of the blue this guy seems to have some pretty decent references. I just hope he understands how supporters view businessmen right now but as a ex banker I'm sure he knows how to deal with suspicion and distrust

If McCoist gets REAL Money to buy REAL players he's gonna prove all the doubters wrong.

Just you watch!

If McCoist gets real money as you put it then we are back in admin only a fool would chuck big cash at our transfer budget right now. We are in the 3rd tier FFS! Big signings are history for us.

who then is selling a block of shares ?

He's supposedly investing 600k. Being 1% of shares, this would suggest a market cap of 60 million. The current market cap is about 35 million. I would guess it is a sale by someone who bought the shares for buttons. Narrows down the suspect list because even people like Hargreave Hale paid full price for their shares. :cgreen: