Do you support another team as well as Rangers?

I was looking through a few threads when I noticed that many of my fellows Bears have often gone to watch other teams, for many and varied reasons. This got me thinking a bit. Why do we sometimes support another team, or have a genuine, life long affiliation with a team other than Rangers?

I support Bo'ness United. Always will. I was raised in Glasgow, but my family moved to Bo'ness when I was eleven. We were in the town 5 days when I went to see Bo'ness in the local derby against Linlithgow Rose (scum!!!!!!). I was hooked after a 1-0 victory for the mighty BU's. Following them has had its ups and downs, but I've seen them win and lose the Junior Cup, get kicked out of the Cup for not having registered a single player that season (I kid you not!) and get royally pumped on ocassion by the Rose. But I still go back for more. The support is borderline psycho at times, which also helps.

So Bears, what's your other team, and why.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to watch Alloa a good few times as my home town team. Also, have a soft spot for East Stirlingshire having been to a good few games with a mate of mine. The main attraction being a day out on the drink.

Now living in Belfast, managed a few trips to see Glentoran as the closest team to where I live. A team with good cultural morales!

However, should any of the above teams come up against Rangers, there can only be one team which matters.

My Father was an Airdrie fan and used to take me to Broomfield regularly in the late 70s and 80s. About half my family are (mainly lapsed) Airdrie fans and the other half Rangers fans. Still look out for the Diamonds and hope they come up in the play offs.

Bedford Town. My home town team, I used to go in my teens up until '82 when they went out of business due to the lease on the ground running out. And so a team that had held Arsenal to a draw at Highbury and beaten Newcastle 2-1 at St James' Park (Jock Wallace was in goal) seemed to have died. Forward a few years and I was working in London when I found that the club had reformed and was playing just down the road from me in a friendly. I went that day and was hooked again. Personal circumstances meant it was the following season before I could get back to following the club again.

Some exotic trips around the South East (Canvey, Wivenhoe, Hungerford and many others) followed with further involvement as Chairman of the supporters club. Having moved up to Glasgow for work a few years ago I still follow the club from afar and will be heading there after the Sheff Wednesday friendly to take in a friendly (ironically against Peterborough). I'll be having some post match refreshment in the Wallace Suite (he has legendary status elsewhere too) before heading back for another season watching Rangers.

I absolutely loved Blackpool a while back, did a comedy value trip to Scunthorpe to see them away and was hooked since then.

Them beating Cardiff in the playoff was sensational, although it will never beat seeing Rangers win.

Kind of lost interest on going to see them since Holloway left, but followed them consistently during their Championship promotion run.

Used to take my late father to games involving my brothers,they have been involved with a fair few teams,notice the Op mentioned Bo'ness well the brother played and managed them,fckn mental derbys with Lithgae...also Whitburn,Camelon,Linlithgow,Alloa,Forfar,Dumbarton,Hamilton,Stenhousemuir and East Stirling,this is the reason i missed most of our nine in a row.....so i suppose i backed all these teams at the time...

Why?

Was asked about 9 years ago if I wanted to go to a Chelsea game and ever since then I have loved going to watch them home, away and abroad.

However, it's not the same as the bears.

Exact same.

Chelsea is a second team of mine, I like them but it's not the same feeling as Rangers. I like going to the different stadiums with Chelsea and having a few beers. Good day out.