Glasgow Boyne Celebrations and Central Scotland

Skelf

I was trying to offer an explanation as to why some of our support might feel this way about the OO. Are you really saying that there is no connection between the walks and the songs we sing? The bands at the walk still play all the tunes that Rangers frown upon, Billy Boys, Famine song etc. It's not just songs with FTP add-ons.

No the bands play the tune of Marching through Georgia. As far as i know tunes are not banned

I was trying to offer an explanation as to why some of our support might feel this way about the OO. Are you really saying that there is no connection between the walks and the songs we sing? The bands at the walk still play all the tunes that Rangers frown upon, Billy Boys, Famine song etc. It's not just songs with FTP add-ons.

What about the LP records that the club used to sell, with all the songs on it.

You seem to be getting a little confused A-Dawg, with the poster whose viewpoint you are seeking to defend.

I have already alluded to the connection in my lengthy post in this thread.

He, who you seek to defend, has suggested otherwise....perhaps you should re-read his post.

A celebration of hatred and bigotry with no place in Scotland today. Get it to fuck from Rangers, there's no connection whatsoever.

This patter is boring!!

Roll on Saturday! Shall be watching the march leave George Square before jumping on the train to Coatbridge! What's everybody else's plans for the day?

Not going to the day this year mate, although will be in the stirling castle bar in Partick then round to Blackie St for the cultural entertainment that night :crabflute:

Not in my days, as i knew the words of the Sash when i was 5 years old. Now i have taught my Grand-children all the words, plus all about our culture.

I knew all the words to Rangers songs from a young age too but it wasn't til I was much older that I actually knew what they were about then even older still before I actually understood politics and religion enough to have any kind of opinion on them.

You seem to be getting a little confused A-Dawg, with the poster whose viewpoint you are seeking to defend.

I have already alluded to the connection in my lengthy post in this thread.

He, who you seek to defend, has suggested otherwise....perhaps you should re-read his post.

You're arguing with me, D'art, when it's Joe that you have issue with. I haven't defended what he said once, I only tried to offer an explanation why some people might think that way. Starting to regret it.

Not going to the day this year mate, although will be in the stirling castle bar in Partick then round to Blackie St for the cultural entertainment that night :crabflute:

As long as your getting to celebrate it mate! I have a feeling Coatbridge could be bouncing!! I know I will be on Saturday night! Fooooor it is old :crabflute:

Insulting my football team/country is insulting my culture also. I don't see the distinction you are making. People are too precious on this forum in general. The OO is not above criticism or negative comment. The reaction of some of the people on here, says more about them, than it does the supposed taig, GIJoe.

Our country's football team booed their own national anthem and that of my country. They can go and piss all over the world acting like kids, but don't expect a vast number of Rangers fans to like them

Fuck the SFA11

Flabbergasted at some of the people still allowed to post on RM. I dont use it much anymore for the amount of those hoaching cunts. Anyone tell me the start/finish parades times/locations for Saturday going to take my mate up whos been away for a long time

The Orange Order do huge amounts of work for people in Ulster and Scotland and further afield. The Orange halls which are used as social gatherings for many people in the PUL community. It's part of the heritage, many of who died in WW 1 were in the Order. People like to demonize it and spout lies.

I have been in Orange halls for a lot of my life so far and I meet brilliant genuine people who just want to protect our heritage.

Fair enough, but we also can't deny that a fair section of our support have no support or loyalty to the OO. Denying them the right to comment is kinda like denying such people exist. I'm not defending Joe's comments, because he did cross the line, but so do others, like I pointed out with regards to the Scotland match threads. It's just a tad hypocritical in my opinion, but I know you wont want to get involved in a debate about the banning policy.

Isn't this the point though? People who associate with the Order don't have to be in it. It's part of the fabric and part of our history. I haven't read this guy's comments but would like to.

The wankers on here who are slagging them are only listening to every other cunt who don't like them.

They just see them as protestants and Rangers. fans. They know fuck all about anything.

Why do you never see this much outrage when Muslims are killing british people in streets and protesting about the troops coming home or even they jokers that have marches for IRA members etc........?

If you don't fucking like the OO or the orange walks in Glasgow why comment?

They don't have a clue mate. The dedication people put into the band scene, the serious competitive battles between the band's, the money for equipment, the amount of hours dedicated to improving as a musician, the social gatherings while doing all that, are very important and real.

But a lot of people never see that or want to know the real truth behind all of it.

They don't have a clue mate. The dedication people put into the band scene, the serious competitive battles between the band's, the money for equipment, the amount of hours dedicated to improving as a musician, the social gatherings while doing all that, are very important and real.

But a lot of people never see that or want to know the real truth behind all of it.

(tu)

I don't see that either mate but i know it happens, i just like watching it when it comes here. I would never think of going nuts on here though about people talking about.

The large majority of the people who will be taking part are Rangers fans and people who we probably see in Rangers pubs / sit beside at Ibrox, so i don't see the problem.

Also Rangers had a connection with them for years until Scotland started to become offened by everything plus it is the most colorful march you will ever see anywhere in the world.

And the tourists in Glasgow love it. :pipe:

:uk:

The comments about beer and drunk people make me laugh. Our society is full of people who go out on a weekend and get so mind fucked, they can't walk.

Glastonbury leaves behind huge amounts of rubbish every year, drink and all sorts. People getting drunk at a concert. People just want to demonize people in the PUL community. It's that simple. They don't have a clue, don't know what it is really like and the history.

The comments about beer and drunk people make me laugh. Our society is full of people who go out on a weekend and get so mind fucked, they can't walk.

Glastonbury leaves behind huge amounts of rubbish every year, drink and all sorts. People getting drunk at a concert. People just want to demonize people in the PUL community. It's that simple. They don't have a clue, don't know what it is really like and the history.

Was thinking exactly the same about T in the park. People gather there every year, batter fuck oot each other get pished leave a mess behind them etc.....

Also some don't even make it home as they have died with the amount of dodgy shit that they take.

Why hasn't people called for this to be banned?

I have also heard people moan about holding up traffic etc....

I got held up in glasgow a couple of weeks back because of a cunts on bikes in the city of Glasgow every road was shut off for that.

But i never got all offended about it and called for it to be banned etc......

You're arguing with me, D'art, when it's Joe that you have issue with. I haven't defended what he said once, I only tried to offer an explanation why some people might think that way. Starting to regret it.

Nope. I have issues with anyone, who, by way of lies and false representation seeks to demonise and besmirch ANY section of our support unfairly- whether they happen to be Orangemen or anything else for that matter.

Quite simply there is no justifiable explanation for a line of thinking or perspective, which has at its fundamental core, a lie or false representation. I would have thought that any self respecting Rangers fan, given what our club has been subjected to over the last couple of years would identify with that.

To all those involved tomorrow, have a great time. I have never been a member of any of the loyal institutions, however I always enjoyed watching the main parades every year before I moved overseas and I will do so again when I return to the UK. Regarding the issue of "drunken hangers on", yes there are some, however these idiots account for a very small minority of those that will attend the parades tomorrow in support of the lodges involved. The more people that turn up and behave the less the hangers on have an affect. Hard to choose between Glasgow or Central Scotland for the best parade - Glasgow maybe has the edge as it is in the city centre, however the central runs it very close and I think Coatbridge could be a cracker this year! Loud, proud and stay safe to all.

A celebration of hatred and bigotry with no place in Scotland today. Get it to fuck from Rangers, there's no connection whatsoever.

why don't you see it as a celebration of working class culture which it is. The O.O. llike many other organisations including the communist party, muslims, zorastians and Eastern Orthodox take issue with the church of Rome.....so what. doesn't make you a bigot.

It's the victim mentality that sees the O.O. as against the Roman church and as nothing else. It's nonsense and a denial of a cultural celebration and shows up the real bigots who are against this cultural freedom.

might I add that I'm not a member of this organisation, nor a christian and an athiest but that doesn't stop me enjoying the celebrations.