Glasgow Boyne Celebrations and Central Scotland

Skelf

I wasn't going to comment on the thread anymore but I keep getting quoted and dragged back in. I don't mind the debate but for another Bear to call me a 'Fenian cunt' because of the debate is frankly embarrassing.

Same here - the names calling is what kept me returning - and your right its embarrasing the way numerous posters react oh so personally to a opposite view point! Probably the same posters who are all for free speech when it comes to expousing their views on life.

The spectacle of the bands is amazing. One of my first childhood memories.

But my kids won't be going to watch it because of the drunken bams who follow at the side.

It's always the case that the minority will ruin it for the majority. In the 1960's it was a big even when the walk came to Shanks Park in Johnstone, even a lot of folk who you knew were catholic would come along to see the bands entering the park or marching through the town. Sadly as the day would go on the usual suspects would get the worse for the amount of alcohol they had consumed and the whole event would get tarnished.

Funnily enough this brings back a discussion I had with someone recently who complained about the cost of Policing and cleaning up after the event. He seemed surprised that the lodge paid for the council clean up of the park by the council after the event and that I was pretty sure they also paid for the policing of the events as well.

It's always the case that the minority will ruin it for the majority. In the 1960's it was a big even when the walk came to Shanks Park in Johnstone, even a lot of folk who you knew were catholic would come along to see the bands entering the park or marching through the town. Sadly as the day would go on the usual suspects would get the worse for the amount of alcohol they had consumed and the whole event would get tarnished.

Funnily enough this brings back a discussion I had with someone recently who complained about the cost of Policing and cleaning up after the event. He seemed surprised that the lodge paid for the council clean up of the park by the council after the event and that I was pretty sure they also paid for the policing of the events as well.

Didn't know that but no reason they should have to really. The taxpayer pays to police anti-war marches and anti-capitalist rallies etc.

Nothing better than watching the band's! I love it and always have done. Going to coatbridge! Canny wait! I dont understand why, if people are so offended, they insist on reading and commenting! If this offends you then click the back button and go back to the other topics! Simple

Blackmanredemption for you to say a Bear calling you a fenian cunt is embarassing, it's more embarassing a Bear calling Loyalists and orangemen numpties. If you can't take the abuse back in response don't dish it out to start with especially when no fucker was bothering you to start with

Glasgow Route for anybody that's interested:

Procession Details

Organisation County Grand Orange Lodge Of Glasgow - Main Group

Date of Procession Saturday 6 July 2013

Start Time of Outward Route 11:00 AM

Assembly Point George Square North

Proposed Route The Main Parade Will Converge On George Square North At 11.00Am And Proceed Via George Street, High Street, Glasgow Cross, Saltmarket & Into Glasgow Green By Way Of The Mclellan Arch.

Shut up ya ignorant prick.

Can't be bothered replying to the other similarly laughable replies. So many ignorant and sadly vocal bigots pollute our support it's no wonder we're such a target. People like you leave us vulnerable so for the press it's like shooting fish in a barrel. The sooner we concentrate on supporting the Gers and drop shit like this the better.

Can't be bothered replying to the other similarly laughable replies. So many ignorant and sadly vocal bigots pollute our support it's no wonder we're such a target. People like you leave us vulnerable so for the press it's like shooting fish in a barrel. The sooner we concentrate on supporting the Gers and drop shit like this the better.

You're the ignorant one here, spouting that nonsense about a subject you clearly know nothing about.

People like me? Do you care to expand on that?

Seems that we have two issues on this thread.

Should it be in the Bears Den, well if rules are followed to the letter probably not. But we have lots of threads that fall into the same category. IMHO its no big deal and the walk is an annual event.

A more contentious issue is the people who clearly know from the very unambiguous title what the thread is about yet who want to come on here and berate other Rangers fans for their beliefs.

I have never been a member of the LOL but I used to enjoy, especially as a kid, going along to the parades. To hear some of the vitriol directed at marchers and followers alike one would think some crime was being committed.

These parades are part of the cultural identity of a percentage of the Scottish population and this identity, even if you do not yourself agree with it, should be respected.

Disrespectful non-debating posts say more about the ignorance of the posters than of the people attending these annual celebrations.

Genuine question, sorry if it offends some.

What is the point of these marches and exactly what do they have to do with Rangers? I'm a mason and proud of it, but this celebration of a battle hundreds of years ago that has no connection to my club is baffling.

What is the point of these marches and exactly what do they have to do with Rangers? I'm a mason and proud of it, but this celebration of a battle hundreds of years ago that has no connection to my club is baffling.

It has a big connection to our support which is a big part of our club.

It has a big connection to our support which is a big part of our club.

Ok so it's a connection to the fans and not the club then?

Without trying to start a fight or piss people off, why are there no marches to commemorate the battle of culloden then? It has the same loyalist connection, the jacobites wanted James back on the throne while the government forces were fighting to maintain the staus quo. Surely in essence the battle of the boyne and culloden are the same.

Ok so it's a connection to the fans and not the club then?

Without trying to start a fight or piss people off, why are there no marches to commemorate the battle of culloden then? It has the same loyalist connection, the jacobites wanted James back on the throne while the government forces were fighting to maintain the staus quo. Surely in essence the battle of the boyne and culloden are the same.

There has in the past been plans by the orange order to mark the battle of culloden with a service.

Oh hello!!!!!!