Lee McCulloch

What's everyone's thoughts on what role our club captain will play this year?

Will he be used as a utility player playing many roles throughout the season?

Or will he mainly play 1 particular position? Striker, centre half or centre midfield?

Obviously he'll need to feature in all the early games as the new signings won't be eligible to play but what does the future hold after that?

His commitment and service to the club, plus performances last season probably means he deserves a chance to play regularly but it looks like we may have better alternatives with the new signings. Maybe sentiment shouldn't play a part and we should simply pick our best 11!?

Personally I think he will feature heavily next season, probably starting the season up front till daly and Clark eligible but will then move deeper either into a holding role or centre half.

Thoughts?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I think he'll be an automatic first pick even if he doesn't deserve it. I think the only viable position for him now is at centre half due to the fact that when he played up front near the end of last season he looked as if his legs had gone.

Man's a Legend, Jig should be first choice absolutely no danger of him being dropped.

Me? I'd play him up front but have no qualms if he played CB, not too keen on him at anchor at all though.

Wow. All that despite the fact he isn't actually very good and can't run !?

Man's a Legend, Jig should be first choice absolutely no danger of him being dropped.

Me? I'd play him up front but have no qualms if he played CB, not too keen on him at anchor at all though.

too many fans take this opinion, hes a legend so should be first picked. so if john greig was to register as a player again he should be? you could rhyme off a list of legends that played for us, that are past it and id never pic them based on status.

the term legend being banded about for lee is only cos he stuck around and stayed etc. if he was still in the team and we were in spl no one would come away with this automatic pic crap.

If its up front hopefully it's not as a pair with daly coz there's no pace at all. At the moment tho he would have to be cb, until we sign anyone else. Im not sure there's a place for him tbh and with the players we have for cm I really hope it's not there coz he doesn't have the legs anymore

I prefer him at centre-half; partly because I don't think he has the running in him to effectively play up-front and also because I'd probably rather see McCulloch, reserve 'keeper Scott Gallacher or my gran at the back ahead of Ross Perry.

I thought McCulloch's impact and input last season, in comparison to a lot of bodies in the squad, was outstanding.

To drop him you will have to make someone else team captain, even if Jig continues to be club captain, the first few games I can see him starting up top as we will only be able to play 2 trialists a time until embargo is finished, depending on who we sign I think we will see him playing at CB.

Worse than that I've had to endure his shite, on a football pitch, for several seasons. I deserve a medal

You Must have enjoyed some highlights of his gers career so far , his goal in Lyon , the one at the piggery , the beauty v the sheep , the fucking superhuman effort last season when he stayed and helped this club .