***The Official Albion Rovers vs Rangers Match Thread***

I think we should save Law and Daly for 3 of our 4 league games. Faure isn't a right back so I would play either Foster or McAusland there. This is what I think the team will be -

Gallacher

Foster Faure Cribari Wallace

Little MacLeod Black Aird

Jig Clark

I think we should save Law and Daly for 3 of our 4 league games. Faure isn't a right back so I would play either Foster or McAusland there. This is what I think the team will be -

Gallacher

Jig Clark

Disagree , strongest team possible in the cups as these are one off games. If we lose we're out whereas if we lose a league game it probably won't affect us in the big scheme of things.

Disagree , strongest team possible in the cups as these are one off games. If we lose we're out whereas if we lose a league game it probably won't affect us in the big scheme of things.

I can see your point, but with this being the only cup game we can actually field trialists in I'd be trying to give players who can play all 4 cup games (if we progress) a game. We might even field no trialists. Play the team that will start against Forfar while the new players play against Dundee and Newcastle.

Gallacher

Jig Clark

Foster isn't eligible to play bud!

Gallacher

Faure Gasparotto Cribari Wallace

McAusland

Crawford MacLeod Aird

Little McCulloch

Subs: A.Smith, *Youth defender*, Black, Murdoch, Stoney.

If Mitchell is fit then replace Faure but this is the line-up I'd go with. I wouldn't put any of the 4 new players that can be used as trialists in as they should be spared for league games only imo.

Anyone know if Argyriou or Naismith are available? Not heard much about them since Argy was to told to find another club and Kal had a trial with Accrington.

Argyriou hasn't played a game all preseason and effectively been told he can leave. Why pick him now?

It'll pretty much be the same team as Wednesday, but I've got a suspicion Cammy will play.

Neither has Templeton but if he was fit for tomorrow everyone would pick him

It's not ideal but we have no real right back options do we? Sorry I'd pick the Greek - reluctantly

Neither has Templeton but if he was fit for tomorrow everyone would pick him

It's not ideal but we have no real right back options do we? Sorry I'd pick the Greek - reluctantly

Faure will fill in, and McAusland could do a job there too.

Can't see any reason to pick Argy, especially if you want an able RB. :ohmy:

Also Ally made it clear in a couple interviews the likes of Shiels, Temps, Hegarty, McKay etc will need to work on their fitness, like the rest of the squad has during preseason, before he'll select them.

Faure will fill in, and McAusland could do a job there too.

Can't see any reason to be Argy, especially if you want an able RB. :ohmy:

Faure has hardly featured this pre season and been told he can leave so what's the difference?

If you just don't rate the Greek that's fine but leave out those excuses

Got one of my mates' 21st tonight so a part of me is happy that this is a shit kick-off time :lol:

Hopefully everything from pre-season clicks and we start the season in the way we mean to go on. I'd obviously love to see us pump this lot 4 or 5 nil but after last season I'd be happy to see us play some decent football and win by 1 or 2.

Anyway, 4-0 Rangers, Macleod first goal.