***Rangers v Newcastle United***

G.E.C.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been one to make previous results effect wether I go to the following game. Being at Forfar on Saturday sitting not far from Mather et al and Jim Traynor (he is not dead after all) and that parasite Andy Cameron.

Included sitting there was Moshni,Law and a few others, Being the wrong side of 50 years of age, I have seriously considered throwing the towel in after spending a lifetime watching Rangers can't be bothered going to Newcastle game or any other,sick to the back teeth of this whole soap opera of Rangers Football Club.

The clue is in the word Football, there is nothing there that looks or resembles Football, included in this there is no heart or desire whithin the team except a few, to win and take us to where we belong in the top flight of football, I would not class SPL as the top flight of football but that is where we have got to head, never mind cups it's Leagues we we need to win.

The display on Saturday was a disgrace on and off the park, we as supporters are being overlooked once again after the money and work we put into saving the club.

All the best to those that do go on Tuesday night & the forthcoming season.

WATP

Never been one to make previous results effect wether I go to the following game. Being at Forfar on Saturday sitting not far from Mather et al and Jim Traynor (he is not dead after all) and that parasite Andy Cameron.

Included sitting there was Moshni,Law and a few others, Being the wrong side of 50 years of age, I have seriously considered throwing the towel in after spending a lifetime watching Rangers can't be bothered going to Newcastle game or any other,sick to the back teeth of this whole soap opera of Rangers Football Club.

The clue is in the word Football, there is nothing there that looks or resembles Football, included in this there is no heart or desire whithin the team except a few, to win and take us to where we belong in the top flight of football, I would not class SPL as the top flight of football but that is where we have got to head, never mind cups it's Leagues we we need to win.

The display on Saturday was a disgrace on and off the park, we as supporters are being overlooked once again after the money and work we put into saving the club.

All the best to those that do go on Tuesday night & the forthcoming season.

WATP

So much for not walking away!

Best of luck in the new season lads.

With this being our penultimate pre season friendly, a strong side is likely to be sent up.

Our likely squad tomorrow will be: Krul, Elliot, Coloccini, Santon, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haidara, Debuchy, S. Taylor, Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko, Gutierrez, Anita, Cisse, Sh. Ameobi, Sa. Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Gouffran.

Loic Remy is in Newcastle now having a medical so he may feature.

We recently played St. Mirren and Motherwell in Scotland. Beat both of them comfortably.

To all the guys not going.. I completely understand.

However how about using this game to voice your opinions.. Not talking anything bad.. But using signs and banners to let the board know that WE are their wage payers and WE are not happy... They are not the people.. WE are the people.

Just a thought as you have already paid for your ticket, may aswell use it for something.

Does any1 have a ticket or booked their season book ticket for the Copland rear that's where am sitting but am hearing its closed.

Not sure how much truth is in it.

Better not b or god knows where am sitting.

Does any1 have a ticket or booked their season book ticket for the Copland rear that's where am sitting but am hearing its closed.

Not sure how much truth is in it.

Better not b or god knows where am sitting.

im the same mate! Copland Rear for me and aye its shut so im not too sure

This is my first game of the season. Tbh, I'm dreading the result. Pardew has stated he is playing players like Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveuax, colloccini. As good as it'll be for our youngsters to play against this caliber of player, I hope we can compete bette than we did on Saturday!

I'm going tomorrow but I doubt there will be a big attendance.

Hardly anything mentioned on the Newcastle forums about it so I doubt many of them will travel up either.

Rangers have appealed to Newcastle United supporters not to attempt to bring smoke canisters into Ibrox when the sides meet for a pre-season friendly this week.

The Magpies travel to Glasgow on Tuesday (kick-off 7.45pm) and are likely to be backed by a sizeable following north of the border.

A rigorous searching operation will be conducted outside the turnstiles ahead of kick-off and anyone found trying to take a smoke canister or flare into the stadium, or discharging one inside, will be arrested and prosecuted.

Newcastle United will take strong action against any such individuals.

Waste of time game for both clubs. Newcastle beat the team who came Second in the SPL 4-2 and it could've been 10, without breaking sweat, and Rangers won't play this type of quality side till they're back in Europe. Shit preparation for the Man City game in 12 days, and poor for Rangers too when they'll need a morale boosting win after the Forfar debacle.

Cant believe some people in this thread. "Not going because of the game on Saturday". Get a grip. Since when did Rangers fans not go to a game because of a poor result? I for one will be there supporting my club. Am I angry about the results and the backstage business? Yes. However, right now reading this thread has made me even more angry with some of the fans here.

If you can't go due to money, other commitments, location etc then that's fine. But to try to make a statement by not actively supporting the team is ludicrous and detrimental in my view.