Coaches salaries

nvager

The salary is obviously too high but people need to stop comparing us to 2nd/3rd division teams. We might play in the same league but we are on a different planet as a club.

Then why do we regularly struggle against them? We maybe as a business on a different planet but we are not the same business who would turnover between £40m and £60m every year in the SPL either.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There in no way the three main coaches get 1.5 m between them a year. Is there?

Well... With Ally on 700-750.... Kenny and Durranty can easily make up another 500k? So easily + 1 million anyway.. Still 750,000 too much for what we are getting on the pitch. And that's the bottom line.. The 'product'.

Why are the Real Rangers men seemingly always the highest paid? Gravy train for decades , exec directors on EBT's and team performance bonuses, expenses etc, CEO on 500K upwards .and us the, lifeblood of the club , have never stopped giving and them have never stopped taking. We have been used by everyone over the years to feather their own caps.both Rangers men and non-Rangers men. Equally as culpable.

With our seemingly fragile fiscal health, going by McColl and King, how can we justify the 1.5m minimum total for the three salaries that we pay to Ally, McDowall and Durrant?

How many other teams at our level - 3rd tier of Scottish football - pay their coaches anything like this?

Seems way too high for this level of football.

This is definite and especially with the methods of play they are producing on the pitch. If this is accurate in terms of salaries paid then I want to see our team playing at premier level, not just division 2.

Especially when he's clearly not that good a manager.

He should have started out at a smaller club before even being considered for the job.

I hope when he leaves us he goes down south to a lower league club and builds his way up and becomes a good manager one day.

Then why do we regularly struggle against them? We maybe as a business on a different planet but we are not the same business who would turnover between £40m and £60m every year in the SPL either.

Do you want us to run as a 2nd/3rd division team then?

Do you want us to run as a 2nd/3rd division team then?

That is what we are just now. I want us to run as an efficient football club, which we are not right now. I want us to be successful whilst living within our means which we are not right now. We don't need to pay managers and players £100 per week but nor should we be paying managers and players £10000 to £15000 per week. We do not need to carry a huge squad touching 30 first team players, nowhere near it in fact. I want us run properly. I don't believe the fans or the club are getting value for money from it's employees on or off the field.

Do you think McCoist would accept the Rangers managers position if we offered him £1000 per week which would still be more than just about everyone else in the country certainly in our league and the one above too?

This is definite and especially with the methods of play they are producing on the pitch. If this is accurate in terms of salaries paid then I want to see our team playing at premier level, not just division 2.

And that premier league level would be in England for those type of wages (tu)

Certainly doesn't add up. If we are assuming Ally, as manager, is on a higher than ID or KM he could be on anything from £13K per week.

I'd have thought the management would be given the same capped salary of £6K or £7K per week that the players were apparently given?

Certainly doesn't add up. If we are assuming Ally, as manager, is on a higher than ID or KM he could be on anything from £13K per week.

I'd have thought the management would be given the same capped salary of £6K or £7K per week that the players were apparently given?

But were not any third tier team are we ? ffs. I actually think the wages if true are on par with any other club the size of Rangers and my thinking is since were the biggest club on the planet in my eyes... There cheap as chips lol.

But were not any third tier team are we ? ffs. I actually think the wages if true are on par with any other club the size of Rangers and my thinking is since were the biggest club on the planet in my eyes... There cheap as chips lol.

Judging solely on the way we play -- I think you will need to accept, we are. Yes, we will win the league.. but scrappy 2-1 wins, 1-1 draws.. the odd defeat @ Ibrox?

Coaches for +1 million pounds that deliver those types of results? Nothing against Ally of course.. but those are the facts. Yes.. we will see come September etc and we will have a better side. but should we not be running over these part timers?

Judging solely on the way we play -- I think you will need to accept, we are. Yes, we will win the league.. but scrappy 2-1 wins, 1-1 draws.. the odd defeat @ Ibrox?

Coaches for +1 million pounds that deliver those types of results? Nothing against Ally of course.. but those are the facts. Yes.. we will see come September etc and we will have a better side. but should we not be running over these part timers?

I bet you a tenner come September onwards we will start steam rolling over teams in our league. Im very optimistic on the calibre of player Ally has signed with what I seen the other night. Onwards n upwards m8 ! Sorry just to add that was mostly young daft boys on the park last season and when they came on against Newcastle the other night you could see they were way out there depth,but some of them will come good with time. You can't keep the Rangers down. We will be back as strong as ever,we all need to be patient.

They are high. But, tbh I don't want us paying the average going rates compared to our competitors. If we can afford these costs, considering how much more we make compared to our competitors I have no reason to doubt we can, then I can't complain.

If we want to get back to being the best team in the country then we have to be prepared to pay the money to get us there. The idea that we can spend less or equal to the rest and still perform to our highest possible standards is nice but ultimately naive. I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for in life.

I expect the best from Rangers so I want the club to utilise our vast resources to speed up our recovery. Paying out just enough to achieve success in each individual step back to the top would concern me that we we would be underprepared, for the challenges we'll face down the line, more than preparing our club and our team for the future.

I bet you a tenner come September onwards we will start steam rolling over teams in our league. Im very optimistic on the calibre of player Ally has signed with what I seen the other night. Onwards n upwards m8 ! Sorry just to add that was mostly young daft boys on the park last season and when they came on against Newcastle the other night you could see they were way out there depth,but some of them will come good with time. You can't keep the Rangers down. We will be back as strong as ever,we all need to be patient.

Not a betting man mate.. But I do hope you are right (tu)

I feel pretty good about the new signings as well. But we'll see? ok enough of the pessimism. Ally survived his '48 hrs till sacked' etc... (tu)

With our seemingly fragile fiscal health, going by McColl and King, how can we justify the 1.5m minimum total for the three salaries that we pay to Ally, McDowall and Durrant?

How many other teams at our level - 3rd tier of Scottish football - pay their coaches anything like this?

No wonder Ally said " We don't do walking away " fuckin disgrace the money they are milking for watching that pish.

No wonder Ally said " We don't do walking away " fuckin disgrace the money they are milking for watching that pish.