Ramsdens Cup - 1/4 Final Draw - QOS away

julescotia

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Formartine are the newest Highland League club. Play at Pitmedden - half way between Oldmeldrum & Ellon. Not a bad wee team. Last time I saw them they beat Inverurie Locos at Harlaw Park.

They played our local select team up in Shetland back in 2006 and we beat them 7-1! Having said that they were a Junior/Aberdeenshire league side then and they have come a long way since and are one of the top teams in the Highland League now.

The draw for the 1/4's takes place this Thursday at 2pm at Hampden.

Assuming we get the job done vs Berwick at Ibrox next midweek, these are the teams that have already qualified that we could play against. Regionalised draws are now finished, so we can draw any of them.

North & East Region

Stenhousemuir _____ beat Peterhead 3-1 AET away tonight

Dundee _____ beat Forfar 3-1 AET at home tonight.

Raith Rovers _____ beat Dunfermline 2-0 away tonight.

Formartine or Elgin _____ playing tomorrow.

South & West Region

Falkirk _____ beat Ayr 2-1 AET away tonight.

Annan _____ beat Stranraer 3-2 away tonight.

Queen of the South _____ beat Airdrie 2-0 away tonight.

Rangers or Berwick _____ playing next midweek.

1/4 Finals scheduled for Saturday 7th September.

Any preference of who to get out the hat on Thursday?

Stenhousemuir at hime we haven't played them for a long time, I bet we get Falkirk again we always seem to get them around this time of year, we SHOULD be able to beat any of them if we don't fuck it up

Formartine Utd look set to be in the draw, 4-1 up against Elgin who are down to ten men.

Would love to get them at Ibrox. This is what cup football's about, can you imagine the feeling their players would have running out to face the Rangers and 45 or so thousand bears,

Would be a story to tell their grandkids.

Especially the bit about them getting fucked by about 25 goals!!!!!

Ffs that's a shagging. How have Elgin started the season up till tonight anyone know?

2 defeats in their opening 2 games. 2-1 Home loss to Albion in the opener aswell. Was a bit shocked, had money on Elgin but I really have no idea what their team is like to last year. Queens Park and Montrose also have 2 defeats, 3 teams which I actually thought did alright last year.

2 defeats in their opening 2 games. 2-1 Home loss to Albion in the opener aswell. Was a bit shocked, had money on Elgin but I really have no idea what their team is like to last year. Queens Park and Montrose also have 2 defeats, 3 teams which I actually thought did alright last year.

It's back to reality for these teams this year by the looks of it. No big games to get up for.

I remember reading about Formartine a couple of years back.

Apparently somebody had pumped some money into them, which, in Highland league terms was the equivelent of the amount the owners of Man City had put in. <cr>

Think it was about 50K right enough. :lol:

Drawing Formartine would be great, if we get past Berwick <cr> Im even more apprehensive about this game now. Do you think the Rangers game will be the televised one no matter who we draw? I quite like the 4pm Sunday kick-offs. Couple of pints before and after then home for dinner.

Elgin have won one of their first four games this season, got pumped 3-0 against East Stirling at the weekend. Formartine Utd knocked East Stirling out in the previous round, that's why I bet them to win tonight.

11/8 IIRC too bad I put a couple of tennis matches in with it and lost lol.

No luck, Ian. :7326: