Does the RST now do more harm than good?

thehost

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive never been a member of any Rangers fans group therefore carry no baggage. I cant understand the dislike, bitterness (call it what u will) against them from fellow Rangers fans.

I will be joining the new membership scheme which will give 'we the fans' the opportunity to speak as one powerful fanbase, where nominated office bearers will most definately speak for the majority.

It would be interesting to know just what exactly Paul (Mini) Murray has promised Mark (Large) Dingwall

and Andy Kerr RSA who by joining RST by releasing joint statement has over stepped his remit

From the Rangers Web Site::

[size

"THE Rangers Supporters Assembly is an independent body representing all Rangers fans.

Set up in 2004 the key objectives of the initiative were firstly to provide supporters with access and influence over Club policies and decisions and, secondly, to improve communication and consultation between supporters and the Club."

All very noble but how does it represent all fans when most fans have no input whatsoever?

Ive never been a member of any Rangers fans group therefore carry no baggage. I cant understand the dislike, bitterness (call it what u will) against them from fellow Rangers fans.

I will be joining the new membership scheme which will give 'we the fans' the opportunity to speak as one powerful fanbase, where nominated office bearers will most definately speak for the majority.

Well surely the RST will protest against such a scheme as they are opposed to membership schemes as they consider themselves to already be a recognised membership scheme.

You would imagine a new membership scheme would be the end of the RST, but as stated in an early post "The RST isn't a Supporters Trust, it's a self-interest group"

Not to mention F--- off MA and the naming rights protests.

TRS are trouble and very very Divisive indeed.

Supporters groups are supposed to represent fans not isolate them.

This was the problem under DM too.

(tu)

Not to mention F--- off MA and the naming rights protests.

TRS are trouble and very very Divisive indeed.

Supporters groups are supposed to represent fans not isolate them.

This was the problem under DM too.

Sad but true

I think that if fans want to come together and create a large block of votes then that would be a good thing.

I just won't be part of it. I am capable of making up my own mind and will quite enjoy the day out at the AGM.

I would suggest that IF any 'Rangers group' did protest about a membership scheme designed to help our club, give our fans a say in the Boardroom and create a powerful unified fanbase, they would naturally be treated with suspicion by many genuine Rangers fans.

and Andy Kerr RSA who by joining RST by releasing joint statement has over stepped his remit

From the Rangers Web Site::

[size

"THE Rangers Supporters Assembly is an independent body representing all Rangers fans.

Set up in 2004 the key objectives of the initiative were firstly to provide supporters with access and influence over Club policies and decisions and, secondly, to improve communication and consultation between supporters and the Club."

All very noble but how does it represent all fans when most fans have no input whatsoever?

They (the Assembly) are having a meeting today by the way

The RST do not represent me and yes they do more harm than good and have done for along time a joke of a trust, most clubs supporters trusts are a well respected group group of fans who are a voice for the ordinary supporter so why are ours the opposite? What made the RST a joke?

The thing is the RST is irrelevant because the size of the membership.

I do believe in supporter ownership but it'll never happen with those numbers, I doubt it'll ever happen also because the online toxic view of the RST.

What I do wonder, if say the RST had 10k members would the current RST board members still be there?

I think that if fans want to come together and create a large block of votes then that would be a good thing.

I just won't be part of it. I am capable of making up my own mind and will quite enjoy the day out at the AGM.

The Bill Miller banners were organised by prominent members of FF and the RST,

The Bill Miller banners were organised by Andy Smillie.

I believe CA post to be correct and if even if Andy Smillie was any way involved it was most certainly prominent members who took them to the ground and displayed them therefore endorsing them.

Would I not be correct in saying at the time they were happy to have their name associated with the banners?

I suppose one of the points, of this thread, was to garner opinion about the non-internet (though ibrox attending) supporter.

Let's be honest a lot of people still buy the rhebel or sun and they have been force-fed a diet of

speaking for the fans

the fans speak

fan groups say

etc etc

when in fact it is absolutely nothing of the sort.

Arthur Scargill would have been delighted to get away with such misrepresentation!

So is there a requirement for information to be provided to the wider support that "fan group's say" really translates to a few folk?

Say that a full page advert was taken out, in the programme, would people think this would be helpful to the wider support?

Indeed are people happy to be misrepresented?

I am genuinely interested as to whether it would be helpful to call these "fan groups" out or not.

I have to be careful as to comments re rst, only thing I can say....................I disagree with the Thread Title..................in the inclusion of the word Now.

Start of Saturday afternoon and the good old Glasgow Banter is in evidence :7325:

Just trying to lighten my comment ;)

Another point , re the recent comment by the Board re a proper fan membership, could this be them firing a shot towards the rst to say...............your days are numbered. After all if the Ltd Company set up this membership scheme the rst would be null and void and perhaps the current board of the rst could be banned from holding a similar position in this Ltd Co set up as to give that fresh outlook.

This is a genuine reply to the OP.

Don't normally comment on this type of thread ---- so wont start now ---- just to say welcome back ED :7325:

Another point , re the recent comment by the Board re a proper fan membership, could this be them firing a shot towards the rst to say...............your days are numbered. After all if the Ltd Company set up this membership scheme the rst would be null and void and perhaps the current board of the rst could be banned from holding a similar position in this Ltd Co set up as to give that fresh outlook.

This is a genuine reply to the OP.

You make a very valid point, I couldn't in all good conscience support any fans membership scheme where the RST are the vehicle or the voice of the fans,

It's much the same as I would like with those who run or want to run the club, a clean slate and the right people leading it.