are we better...

Dan Deacon

Because the opposition is better?

Last season we were up against a lower standard and teams that wanted to kick us rather than the ball.

A higher league means teams who play better football but is this working to our advantage?

I don't think the standard is much different between the teams in both divisions to be honest mate....we have started with more intensity this year which was sorely lacking last year....there are a vaiety of reasons you could give for that but I don't think the opposition is one!

Good competition for places, threat of being off loaded if not up to standard, the performance against Newcastle, good pre season, more experienced youngsters in the 1st team, better competition and more confidence especially with the younger players having had game time.

and no doubt lots more reasons

edit: oh and we don't seem to be scared of putting a few past the opposition, last year i thought most of the time we went out to win by 2-0 or 3-0, not expecting to give away goals and not wanting to humiliate the teams as that would not have been good for them. Its always nice getting a big win but it doesn't really achieve anything for us where we currently are.

Like most of you I think its a combination of things. One of which , i think , some players take a while to settle so were seeing a big difference to players like Black and Faure from last season. Also a year is s long time in a young players development and I think were seeing a big difference in Crawford in that respect.

It's a number of factors. A proper preseason (better fitness), better quality players, the squads experiences of last year, the managements plans etc

There is still a way to go, but we are starting to move on from rebuilding to recovery, and eventually to redemption. The start of this season will reinvigorate lots as we continue our journey back. Loving stage 2 so far.

This season it's all about the new signings, 2 games without them we have been really poor

And? Isn't that the point of new signings, to improve the team? Not to mention we have 4 more to bring in now.

I think what you want to say is, "Nice one, Ally."

Then blame Ally for spending those wages? :rolleyes:

Only if they are wasted on shite

Either way we are better, but thats to be expected in a league such as ours, full time v part time should never be a contest, hence why last season was such a disappointment, will we keep it up this season? Thats up to the management and players, i just hope the young guys that have played well arent dropped for journeymen like smith and foster to simply justify their wages (tu)

What teams tried to kick us off the park last season? most teams actually tried to play better football than us last season

This season it's all about the new signings, 2 games without them we have been really poor

Exactly, i was quite surprised and impressed at the level of football from some of the teams we played last season and felt that sometimes they didn't get the recognition that was deserved.

Look at Berwick last Tuesday for example, i thought they defended really well and although we eventually broke it down their defense was still quite resolute till the end of the game

Only if they are wasted on shite

Either way we are better, but thats to be expected in a league such as ours, full time v part time should never be a contest, hence why last season was such a disappointment, will we keep it up this season? Thats up to the management and players, i just hope the young guys that have played well arent dropped for journeymen like smith and foster to simply justify their wages (tu)

If they maintain the levels expected and demanded of them as Rangers players then I see no reason why they would be dropped. The real improvement this season is the competition within the squad for places. This will be the main reason for seeing improved performances more consistently from the team.