Top 5 oppostion players you saw at Ibrox

linnyplant

Oh well ,time to go to bed now that the children are here.Hope you grow up sooner than later.

Well you did kinda ask for it ...

Was only half joking ... obviously he was a good player but I'm not going to lick the arse of tims in this thread .

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be right LOL!! All my Rangers books are up in the loft just now and cant get access to them.

Was one of my first night games and i remember Alan Ball getting constant abuse throughout

Honestly dont recall much about the game other than the abuse for AB and Peter McCloy letting in a soft goal at the end.

There might have been a parade of old players but i could be wrong.

The reason i think its this game is that AB joined Arsenal around late 71 and i dont remember any other games for about 6-7 years after this one.

Can I assume that everyone is in agreement about Jimmy JoHnstone then as there are no dissenters. We really are a wonderful group of fans who are not spiteful like some others and cannot appreciate good footballers when they see one in a blue jersey. Thats why we are the people.

There fixed that for you, guess you were all a bit excited there ! When you see one what in a blue jersey ? Bit Confused Loyal ! (tu):unsure::sherlock:

1) Cruyff

2) Kempes

3) Neeskens

4) Beckenbauer

Fifth was a European footballer of the year.

Shagged four Miss Worlds.

Spent his money on booze, birds and fast cars, the rest he just squandered.

Gave up women in 1969. It was the worst 20 minutes of his life.

Simply the Best.

And the wee Clydebank winger who gave a great performance against us in a 3-3 draw at Ibrox in the 70s, Davie something his name was......

I was gonnae hit them wae that one but too late was the cry, Well Done Bro. ! (tu);):sherlock:

PS - jinky effin stella drinkin johnstone, do me a phukin favour !

Riquelme took my breath away that night, an astonishing performance infront of an amazing crowd on a fucking epic night.... If he wasn't such a complex character he would be spoke about as one of the finest players ever, easily as good as Zidane if not better on his day but for some reason he never let himself fulfil his true potential... Ah we'll, least we were fortunate enough to see him in his pomp

1. Alessandro Del Piero

2. Patrick Kluivert

3. Rudi Voller

4. Henrik Larson

5. Eric Cantona

The above are based on their performances against us, I know number 4 might be controversial but he was a good player, just being honest.

1. Riquelme - As mentioned, ran the show against us for Villarreal. Still can't believe Boyd missed that sitter in the 2nd leg

2. Puyol - Covered every blade of grass when we played them in 07. Started at right back that night, turned up everywhere

3. Benzema - Only 19 when he ran riot against us for Lyon, honestly think he got his move to Real too soon. Still a class act but could have been even better if he stayed at Lyon another season or 2.

4. Pizarro - Was a class act in the middle when we went through against Inter in 05, don't think he misplaced a pass.

5. Xavi - Hate the wee wank but same as above, never wasted a pass against us in 07.