Are Man U finished?

AlCapone

The worrying thing about utd is that they actually don't have that good a team - they do have the best striker in the league in RVP as well as Rooney who is looking on good form, Carrick who is solid in CM then you have a pretty questionable bunch out of that. Ferdinand is looking like a liability, Vidic is injury prone then to back them up you have Jones Smalling and Evans who do have quality but whether they are good enough to win the league and contend in Europe is yet to be seen. The midfield short comings are there for all to see - if theres an injury to RVP or Rooney you have Hernandez and Wellbeck to rely on.. I could go on but its all said before in the thread

Compare guys like Nani Cleverly and Young to Mata Hazard and Oscar at Chelsea in terms of creativity - they will run riot in the league this year if these guys perform. I think Chelsea have the potential to turn it round if they go through a rough patch but utd will continue to struggle as they haven't strengthened where they needed to. Can see them getting humped out of Europe without too much trouble

I think there is a lot in what you are saying, they have been pretty average team for a few years driven on by an exceptional manager. Now they only have a good manager.

Exactly. The EPL has been declining for a while. It seemed a hell of a lot better quality ten years ago, with Arsenal's unbeaten team and then Mourinho's Chelsea. Ferguson has simply managed to weather the storm, outlast Wenger and Mourinho's teams and then picked up the baton afterwards.

Mancini wasn't experienced enough in the EPL to do what he needed to do to win a second league (and in the end he only won the first one because of Joey Barton!).

But now with a stronger Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City, Man Utd will inevitably be pushed to the back of the bunch.

Januzaj won the game for utd - Vidic Rooney and RVP were poor. Carrick did well in CM and De Gea kept them in the match in first half. Hanging in there at best

How many times did Man Utd do that with Ferguson but manage to win the game? I can think of quite few last season alone. The season is still in it's infancy plus Freguson and Man Utd are/were known of coming into there own towards the end of the season.

Although they look shaky, Man Utd still have winners throughout the squad, count them out of the title race at your peril. No team has yet to take control of the premiership, possibly Arsenal, but they could implode at any time.

How many times did Man Utd do that with Ferguson but manage to win the game? I can think of quite few last season alone. The season is still in it's infancy plus Freguson and Man Utd are/were known of coming into there own towards the end of the season.

Although they look shaky, Man Utd still have winners throughout the squad, count them out of the title race at your peril. No team has yet to take control of the premiership, possibly Arsenal, but they could implode at any time.

Yeah - its wide open this season for sure, i think it will be the closest season in recent memory at the top - can see it being a 4 horse race right up til the end.

Rooney was great in the second half a thought

I don't remember him doing anything of note? Was helping out in defence more than anything, had a good block when they claimed for a penalty and a decent clearance. Wasn't much of a threat going forward. RVP looked pretty shit and his missed summed his night up

Yeah - its wide open this season for sure, i think it will be the closest season in recent memory at the top - can see it being a 4 horse race right up til the end.

I think your right, all the top teams look like losing. It would be good if it went down to the last game of the season with 4 teams in the running.

I don't remember him doing anything of note? Was helping out in defence more than anything, had a good block when they claimed for a penalty and a decent clearance. Wasn't much of a threat going forward. RVP looked pretty shit and his missed summed his night up

I think Rooney flatters to deceive a lot of the time because he runs around and shows a bit of effort. I'd love to see Kagawa behind Van Persie (who was in a different time zone today). But Moyes dropping Rooney has as much chance as Ally dropping jig. Kagawa is wasted at left wing, it breaks my heart watching him play there. He is such a classy player.

Imagine a final day of the season with 4 teams in with a chance of winning - it would be unreal!!

Kagawa is wasted there for sure - Kloop was on about how devastated he was to see him being wasted at utd and saying he was one of the best players in the world. If utd fuck this up with him then i will be outraged!!

I don't think Moyes should be rotating the team at all - should have the same starting line up for next 10 games and use Kagawa and Janujaz in every game! Vidic was fucking brutal today as was Rio last saturday so thats a big head ache. Can see plenty of goals in the side if kagawa and janujaz get a proper crack at the whip - kagawa gets a start one game then gets dropped which is no use to anyone.