The troops are coming (Again)

mclovin9091

Just found out today that on the 28th of this month when we play Stenny, The Armed Forces will be making an appearance.

Not sure on numbers as i have been away on a course and only just read my Sqn orders from the last week and a half but my names going down again as the last time was immense.

Yep, no doubt we will be accused of point scoring by some rodents.

Aye point scoring, It's bad when a British club can't invite troops to a game without something negative being said about it in the Scottish media.

There is one club in Britain who don't invite any troops and there support are the only ones who have protests about it but we're still the bad guys.

It really fucks with your brain this little shithole of a country called Scotland.

From being at last years gathering on the 10th November, i can see why some people may have had cause for complain. We were there to celebrate Remembrance Sunday and we marked that with the almost impeccably observed silence. We then at half time got carried away as 400 of us were out in front of over 48K fans cheering for us. Who wouldn't???

The way round this was to have a second day to allow us to get carried away and hopefully the 28th of September (or as close to it) is the new day. We can then also come down on the weekend of Remembrance Sunday and not get carried away.

The 10th of November 2012 is a day that i will never forget (or anyone else who was there on the pitch) the reception we received from the fans was unbelievable, if you think sitting in the stand and hearing 48K people signing 'Rule Britannia' is loud , you would have to triple that to come close to how loud it was for us in the middle of it. Hairs on back of necks were not standing they had quite simply been scared off the necks.

Without a shadow of a doubt in two weeks time, it will be even better than last year. :D

Just found out today that on the 28th of this month when we play Stenny, The Armed Forces will be making an appearance.

Not sure on numbers as i have been away on a course and only just read my Sqn orders from the last week and a half but my names going down again as the last time was immense.

How did/do you get involved with this mate? I have been to ibrox for rememberance day games the last two seasons (in the stands) feeling envious as f**k! Would love to get on the park at halftime, i actually think I would get a stoner!

Im in the Royal Navy based at Faslane, so if anyone has any info on how to apply, it would be massively appreciated!

Oh and sexual favours are not out of the question! :-)