'mon the Morton

Parlaneloyal

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Away you go and start preparing to cheer them on in their next game, tweeting Speirs the Rangers hater you were that upset :lol:

Fucking embarrassment.

An 'embarrassment' you seem to closely follow. Rather odd. Grow up (tu) or at the very least stop trawling through all my tweets sweetheart.

Edit: or at least tell me who you are on twitter so I can run it all by you so that I can display the tweeting prowess of a true Rangers man like yerself

An 'embarrassment' you seem to closely follow. Rather odd. Grow up (tu) or at the very least stop trawling through all my tweets sweetheart.

'Impartial' watching a celt*c game? Are you for real you clown?

Your Twitter was posted on a public forum as well, piss off and moan about lhenny to your impartial pals.

Who gives a fuck just another mank mob anyway there fans are full tims that don't go to glitterdome. Morton ceo was the cunt that put the letters out to tell the teams not to allow us to play in their league. on the other hand good to see the ginger arse fail in getting another treble without us in the cup.

'Impartial' watching a celt*c game? Are you for real you clown?

Your Twitter was posted on a public forum as well, piss off and moan about lhenny to your impartial pals.

I have the ability to watch a game of football involving any side and be able to state whether one team is playing better than the other team, yes. Not my problem if you cannot see the difference between supporting the Sellick and having the simple ability to be able to view a game and judge whats happening. The odd obsession with what I tweet is just plain strange. If you aren't following me on there I can only assume you seek out my tweets. That's a little creepy...

Celtic 0 Morton 1 (aet): Lennon's League Cup gamble on squad players backfires

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Dougie Imrie's dramatic injury-time penalty gave Morton a shock 1-0 Scottish League Cup third-round win over Celtic at Parkhead.

dougimrie.jpg

Five minutes into the extra period after a stalemate during normal time, the Ton midfielder scored from the spot after referee Bobby Madden adjudged Celtic defender Efe Ambrose to have handled when challenging substitute Archie Campbell.

Celtic, who had been lacklustre for most of the game, pounded the Morton box in an attempt to get back level and Charlie Mulgrew hit the post in the dying seconds.

However, on night of unlikely drama, the resolute visitors were not to be denied.

With the top tier of the stadium closed and the rest of the ground far from full, the first half was pretty uneventful not to say uninspiring.

Mulgrew, playing at left-back in a reshuffled Hoops side, came closest to scoring with a free-kick which was tipped away for a corner by Ton's French goalkeeper, Nicolas Caraux.

However, Morton, second-bottom of the Scottish Championship, defended stoutly for the rest of the 90 minutes without offering much of a threat in attack but Imrie's penalty was all they needed.

Hoops manager Neil Lennon had noted beforehand that he had not yet won this trophy as a manager and he will have to wait at least another year.

Little was expected of Allan Moore's men who arrived with only a smattering of players with top-flight experience, including Jonathan Page, Marc Fitzpatrick and Imrie.

Israel midfielder Nir Biton made his first start for Celtic while there was the rare sight of goalkeeper Lukasz Zaluska and midfielders Dylan McGeouch and Tom Rogic, as Mikael Lustig returned to right-back after recovering from a groin strain.

Despite the changes, it was still a strong Celtic side and in the early stages they had to contend with Greenock enthusiasm on and off the pitch.

However, in the eighth minute Biton somehow missed the target with a free header from a Mulgrew corner four minutes later, and as the home side stepped up the pace striker Teemu Pukki's low drive from 12 yards, after turning on a Derk Boeriggter cross from the left, was comfortably saved by Caraux.

There was little more of note until the 28th minute when Mulgrew's whipped-in free-kick was heading for the top corner until it was tipped over for a corner by the stretching Caraux.

The visitors were then under pressure for a few minutes until Biton brought some respite by driving over the bar from the edge of the box.

Six minutes from the break Morton wide man David O'Brien was carried off the field on a stretcher after appearing to hurt his shoulder in a challenge by the back-tracking McGeouch, and was replaced by Tony Wallace.

In the 55th minute Rogic drew a good save from Caraux with a 25-yard drive and on the hour mark Biton tried his luck with a shot from even further out and this time the Cappielow goalkeeper was down at his left-hand post to smother.

Anthony Stokes replaced Rogic and Adam Matthews came on for McGeouch, while Morton replaced their tiring lone striker Kabba-Modou Cham with Campbell.

With Lennon's last throw of the dice he brought on Kris Commons for Boerrigter but still the game slipped into extra time.

Imrie's penalty shook the home side who threw everything forward in their quest for a leveller.

Caraux saved from a Virgil van Dijk header with the Dutchman, who had moved into attack, coming closer moments later with a shot which bounced past the far post.

The second half of extra time saw the Hoops continue to bombard the Morton goal with Caraux making a fine save from Lustig from yet another Hoops corner with the Swede missing from close range.

Page cleared van Dijk's goal-bound header off the line and Mulgrew hit the post before the visitors heard the sweet sound of the final whistle.

:7325::7325::7325::7325::7325:

Brilliant, if only we had not fucked up at Forfar tonight's result would have been wonderful

When we lost to another diddyteam, I just wrote off the competition.

I feel happy tonight that will not win it but find it hard to get in any way excited. My motto is and has always been, look after ourselves, fuck whatever Celtic are doing so I'm not gloating too much.......

I have the ability to watch a game of football involving any side and be able to state whether one team is playing better than the other team, yes. Not my problem if you cannot see the difference between supporting the Sellick and having the simple ability to be able to view a game and judge whats happening. The odd obsession with what I tweet is just plain strange. If you aren't following me on there I can only assume you seek out my tweets. That's a little creepy...

:lol: Creepy is watching a celt*c game impartial when you're a Rangers man, and even tweet guys that do nothing but attack the club to talk about it :(

Nice try at the deflection though, you don't need to have Twitter to view your Tweets, they were posted on a public forum.