rangers v dunfermline postponed

tam watp

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the 100th time TWB no ones saying we wouldn't be at a disadvantage but the point your missing Is the measure of this disadvantage

It won't matter a jot when it will come to beating Dunfermline

Look at the alternative teams posted are you telling me that wouldn't beat them comfortably? Then weigh up all the downsides to the postponement ....

It's really simple

McCoist whilst doing what he thinks best - has shit himself

It's not the mark of a manager confident in his own abilities

The guy I quoted did. We probably would beat them comfortably, I've never said we wouldn't. That's not the point I'm making.

Like all of us he's free to post what he likes.

Your like a walking contradiction....you originally stuck your nose into this by replying to me after I defended people's right to voice an opinion on a message board....make your mind up....

Your like a walking contradiction....you originally stuck your nose into this by replying to me after I defended people's right to voice an opinion on a message board....make your mind up....

Thanks for the feedback, but don't bother unless you have something interesting to say.

I think we can all agree it could leave us at a disadvantage.

It is the level of that disadvantage and how we should handle it that splits opinion.

Some like TWB clearly think we need every player others like me think we could easily have handled their absence.

The team posted many times today contains nine players McCoist signed yet he is basically telling them they cannot be trusted to beat a third tier Scottish outfit.

How does he then expect these same players to perform in the top flight when we are promoted, or against a top flight side if we draw them in the cup?

You're misrepresenting my point. He's showing respect to the opposition, and looking out for our best interests.

No-one has claimed, certainly not me anyway, that we wouldn't be able to comfortably beat them regardless. God knows where that has come from.

No he hasn't, and it isn't grammar I am correcting, your comment made no sense.

So exactly what is he saying by calling it off?

I have full faith in my squad - no

I think we owe it to the people who are the life blood of the club to play our games - no

The players I have signed are virtually all proven performers at the top level in Scotland - no

What is he saying?

So why then are we inconveniencing possibly thousands of fan by calling it off ?

We have players away on international duty, we are entitled to - why should we be any different to every other team who have players away representing their country? It's sad for the fans who will be out of pocket but the game was always going to be postponed.

Playing at a disadvantage when there is absolutely no need to. I don't see what's so difficult to grasp about that.

We see it as there is absolutely no need to call it off.

There is obviously as much chance of you accepting that view as there is of me accepting yours so I am giving it a rest.

I think we owe it to the people who are the life blood of the club to play our games - no

The players I have signed are virtually all proven performers at the top level in Scotland - no

What is he saying?

Are you saying we should sell Lee Wallace and Lewis MacLeod because we don't need them. Shouldn't have signed Law or Mohsni? That the fans aren't entitled to see the best we have?

We have players away on international duty, we are entitled to - why should we be any different to every other team who have players away representing their country? It's sad for the fans who will be out of pocket but the game was always going to be postponed.

OK last one

Are we entitled to call it off - yes

Do we need to - no

If I live to be 100 I will not change my opinion on this one so as I said we will have to agree to disagree

PS

For the last time it is not just about money. I have to book time off months in advance in an enviroment where short staffing is the norm. I have had this booked since I knew the fixtures. I have zero chance of organising anything else this year

What is he saying?

He's saying we have at least 3 players called up for international duty. Giving us the opportunity to postpone the match until those internationalists are back, same as every other team that has internationalists called up. The level of the opposition is irrelevant.

PS

For the last time it is not just about money. I have to book time off months in advance in an enviroment where short staffing is the norm. I have had this booked since I knew the fixtures. I have zero chance of organising anything else this year

Should have checked the international weekend. I'm in the same boat, feel a twat for not checking that.

Should have checked the international weekend. I'm in the same boat, feel a twat for not checking that.

I already said it did not even consider we would call off a third tier match because of a couple of call ups. And before somebody mentions the cup game I was all booked before that happened.

Anyway this was my final post on the subject

He's saying we have at least 3 players called up for international duty. Giving us the opportunity to postpone the match until those internationalists are back, same as every other team that has internationalists called up. The level of the opposition is irrelevant.

In normal circumstances you would be 100% correct Al, however we are not in a normal situation at the moment.....this call off will cost us thousands of pounds and will limit the attendance at a rearranged game....there are no guarantees all our players will be fit or available for the rescheduled game or that we will be in any kind of form and for people like yourself it is very unfortunate and ultimately I think the club should be considering these factors ahead of the justifications for needlessly postponing the game....

I already said it did not even consider we would call off a third tier match because of a couple of call ups. And before somebody mentions the cup game I was all booked before that happened.

Anyway this was my final post on the subject

We called off at least one game last season because of internationals, didn't we? I'm pretty sure as I think I took that into consideration when I was arranging my days off last season.