rangers v dunfermline postponed

tam watp

I don't but ally mccoist is obviously wary so we need to accept the decision and as i said if we win the re-arranged game its the right decision.

I feel sorry for the fans out of pocket but this game was always in doubt.

Always in doubt yet it was scheduled for live TV and the club were advertising tickets for the original date?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said previously, I have a great deal of sympathy for fans being out of pocket or even just inconvenienced but think of the problems Duncaster will have in the future with TV deals. "Right Neil, can you guarantee that Rangers will be available for our schedules?". "Er no but Stenhousemuir will".

Taking 3 key 1st team players out of any squad, anywhere in the World, would be a disadvantage.

Of course

But then playing to a half full Ibrox on a tue night rather than a Saturday sold out Ibrox at 5.30 so fans can have a few more pints and be in better voice is a disadvantage

Then there's the non playing factors like lost revenue and fans being out of pocket

By all means agree with the decision all you want but how you can sneer at others for being pissed off is beyond me

Of course

But then playing to a half full Ibrox on a tue night rather than a Saturday sold out Ibrox at 5.30 so fans can have a few more pints and be in better voice is a disadvantage

Then there's the non playing factors like lost revenue and fans being out of pocket

By all means agree with the decision all you want but how you can sneer at others for being pissed off is beyond me

Who have I sneered at?

How people can sneer at and insult McCoist personally for making a decision that any manager would have made is beyond me.

Actually, it isn't really beyond me - it's as clear as day why it is.

Would be interesting if BT sport pushed it.

The SPFL must have signed a contract allowing the TV companies to pick their games as we are always told we have no choice in the matter when we moan about yet another noon kick off in the highlands.

Unless Donkey has a written exception for next weekend he could be in breach of contract.

Surely then he could just order the managers to drop the players from the squads

correct decision, we are giving the teams in the league respect they deserve.

feel for fans who book trips and gets moved, its happened to me following City , but unfortunatley it does happen and if honest everyone has known for full season that international games were on these dates, what we never knew till this week is that we would have players chosen to represent their country and thats why the postponement is so late

I booked my flights without first checking the international calender. My own fault.

Just gutted I now wont get the welcome distraction of watching some football at Ibrox for a while.

Who have I sneered at?

How people can sneer at and insult McCoist personally for making a decision that any manager would have made is beyond me.

That is simply your opinion when you say any manager would have made that decision.

I, among others, do not agree with that statement

Who have I sneered at?

I think people are entitled to think McCoist has been a bit cowardly tbh

That is simply your opinion when you say any manager would have made that decision.

I, among others, do not agree with that statement

I can't believe that any manager faced with the prospect of 3 key players being away on International duty, with others on standby, wouldn't ask for the postponement which they are entitled to. Managers are judged on results.

Bit short notice for the guys that have booked flights so feel sorry for them. Think the manager is right to do so why play at a disadvantage? Also going to a game at half five on a sat night sounded shit.

What a feeble excuse to call off a decent game ffs and Lee Wallace is the only major player that will be missing in my opinion.

Who's idea was this? Get a grip Rangers, her and I postponed going away for a few days away till Sunday and now I find we could've got away on Friday.