rangers v dunfermline postponed

tam watp

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't, a precedent was set. Just because it doesn't fit with your crackpot conspiracy theory doesn't make it irrelevant.

if you were looking at arranged protests and a couple of other arranged stuff would you not then think it's an international week we could postpone again?

Precedent can be used either way as a clever camouflage or can be innocent ,it proves neither either way. In the end we can't be any angrier or use different complaints than we have in the previous occasions. Fans out of pocket every time there is a international game should not be acceptable by either the club or the sfa

I don't know if this has already been said, because I couldn't be bothered trawling through all 19 pages of this thread, and as much as I feel sorry for those who have lost money due to this, I'd much rather we postponed the game and hit them when we're full strength solely for the fact that I really want us to shove it right down people's throats (the supporters of other clubs who laugh and say we should be doing better) when we score 100 goals by Christmas and go the whole season without losing.

Yes, Steven Smith COULD fill in for Wallace but we missed his runs down the wing the last game he wasn’t playing and Smith was in.

Surely they had no certainties that Wallace would get called up for the Scotland team- IIRC he wasn’t in the squad for the last game?

I’d rather cancel and look back at the end of the season with a 100% record intact than have that one we blip sitting there. I bet all you folk going mad would, at the end of the season, think differently if that was the only game which ruined a perfect record.

And yes we should be able to beat Dunfermline at home with the squad we have but I’d rather make sure.

The manager has been put under massive pressure from fans seeking him sacked, can you then blame the guy for covering his ass? Some people need to learn when you shout your mouth off or make demands for people to be sacked then that person will fight back with everything he has at his disposal.

The manager has been put under massive pressure from fans seeking him sacked, can you then blame the guy for covering his ass? Some people need to learn when you shout your mouth off or make demands for people to be sacked then that person will fight back with everything he has at his disposal.

McCoist has barely had any pressure on him at games at all so that's bullshit.

Are you including wee guys under 20 who's never played a first team?

McCoist is and when i heard him come out with that excuse i just shook my head. Perfectly happy to include them when it suits him but none of them were ever going to get near the 1st team.

Wallace, McLeod and Peralta were the only 3 definates we would have been missing. Shiels and Little were on standby.

I agree

We can all argue for or against this postponement for football reasons - both have valid arguments but to say the clubs scared of protests is just insane

Some taig fenian lovin tarrier bastard posts something on a tweet or in the DR or Scotsman and suddenly it is a FACT.

These clowns are on every newspaper and every radio station daily with their Rangers obsession. They ARE as we all know a bunch of sad pricks. Even sadder that many of our fans buy into their bovine scatology.

Can't be arsed wading through eighteen pages but can I assume that someone has pointed out that this postponement has nothing to do with availability of players and everything to do with denying an opportunity to protest before the AGM?

Gogzy's idea of a bounce game is a good one but won't happen because it would still provide a platform for protest.

McCoist should have told Mather/board : "my team can beat Dunfermline so if you want to cancel because of protest, keep me and my players out of it, thanks"

Shameful from all concerned.

Thats a pretty hefty dose of speculation right there.

Fuck sake - the Sons of Struth and the RST have a joint fund raising bonfire that night with an effigy of Craig Mather all made up ready to put on the top

The club have obviously rescheduled this game deliberately for that night to frustrate them

I'm ragibeeling

:lol:

if you were looking at arranged protests and a couple of other arranged stuff would you not then think it's an international week we could postpone again?

Precedent can be used either way as a clever camouflage or can be innocent ,it proves neither either way. In the end we can't be any angrier or use different complaints than we have in the previous occasions. Fans out of pocket every time there is a international game should not be acceptable by either the club or the sfa

If McCoist was pressured into postponing this game by the board attempting to mute potential protests then I would expect his resignation letter to be already written.