rangers v dunfermline postponed

tam watp

Just checked the fixtures we have a free weekend the 21st/22nd of December. As far as I can tell there is no international football then. What if the game was rearranged then?

Yes please! I'd make that!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scottish cup weekend perhaps?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/match/fixtures-results

Nope. We have a league game the Saturday before and the next league game is scheduled for Boxing Day on Thursday the week after.

Not sure why it's free, but if we can utilise it for this game then the calls about lost revenue will hopefully be unfounded as it will be a weekend game.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/match/fixtures-results

Nope. We have a league game the Saturday before and the next league game is scheduled for Boxing Day on Thursday the week after.

Not sure why it's free, but if we can utilise it for this game then the calls about lost revenue will hopefully be unfounded as it will be a weekend game.

This happened that weekend last season, our rearranged game at Elgin took place then.

I am absolutely gutted that the game has been postponed. I have booked a flight as I am travelling from afar and will be unable to attend another game for a considerable time. I believe the actual reason its has been cancelled is because the Board do not want any fan protests being broadcast live on TV for the world to witness prior to the AGM. The excuse of it being due to the internationals is a mere smokescreen. In the meantime I expect the club will lose thousands in lost revenue as the re-scheduled fixture will likely be a midweek game. Utter pish!!

I'd also like to add that my Dad called on Wednesday evening to buy tickets for this match and he was sold 2. Possibly around the same time that Rangers submitted the application to postpone the game.

Why did they not bother to say anything when my Dad called for the tickets? Yet within 18 hours we were calling for a refund.

Daft.

I am absolutely gutted that the game has been postponed. I have booked a flight as I am travelling from afar and will be unable to attend another game for a considerable time. I believe the actual reason its has been cancelled is because the Board do not want any fan protests being broadcast live on TV for the world to witness prior to the AGM. The excuse of it being due to the internationals is a mere smokescreen. In the meantime I expect the club will lose thousands in lost revenue as the re-scheduled fixture will likely be a midweek game. Utter pish!!

(td)

Why does anyone honestly have a problem with this? Why should we go into our biggest game of the season minus a couple of important first team players? Good on the club. I still think we should just have told Scotland to go and take two fucks to themselves though.

goat is the voice of reason. I have seen it all now.

:P

Oh well in that case how do you know Wallace and Little being away will be disadvantageous to the team that day? Who's to say they don't have bad games and the ones who would step in don't take their opportunity with both hands?

You can't have it all ways defending the manager

Lewis too mate. And any time we have played without him and wallace and we have not looked anywhere near as potent.

Thats why its a disadvantage, and thats why its thr correct decision by Ally.

It would be nice to arrange a bounce game with free entry for that time, so fans that have made plans can at least get something.

Really gutted for the guys who have made arrangements of long distance travel, but I have been saying on here for weeks that I thought this would happen.

Can I also ask if anyone knows of a time where a club/manager has refused the right to cancel a fixture in these circumstances?

I am not sure there will have been one.

You're just a totally pathetic excuse for a human being. You don't give a fucking toss about anybody else.

out of order.

TWB has as much right to his opinion as you do. At least he manages it without the attidude you have shown.

You are right. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Personally, I think he's made the wrong call here.

As for your point about the win at Forfar. some were calling for his sacking, I wasn't because at least we won. But I was calling for his head when we lost 2-1 at Ibrox against Annan. THAT was a sackable offence. I paid £180 that day for the Thorburn Suite hospitality. No one came and apologised for that performance. Rangers Legends were very critical of that excuse of a performance that day, I can tell you.

Maybe he just doesn't want to risk losing with a "weakened" team. The only issue with that mode of thought is that there is no guarantee he won't lose the rearranged match. Better the devil you know in my experience

The Grinder has a suite at Ibrox?? :ohmy:

I've lived outwith Ayrshire for the majority of my adult life.

so a week and a half then. this thread ha turned into a venting session for the 'Ally out' brigade. That in itself is a pity as it deflects from the genuine question of why we asked for a postponement?

Can't be arsed wading through eighteen pages but can I assume that someone has pointed out that this postponement has nothing to do with availability of players and everything to do with denying an opportunity to protest before the AGM?

Gogzy's idea of a bounce game is a good one but won't happen because it would still provide a platform for protest.

McCoist should have told Mather/board : "my team can beat Dunfermline so if you want to cancel because of protest, keep me and my players out of it, thanks"

Shameful from all concerned.

Really disappointed that the game has been posponed. I was really looking forward to it given that I missed the Stenhousemuir game, and will miss the Ayr game this weekend due to family and other committments.

Seems that's the fact of life nowadays - between TV power and international weekends planning is almost an impossibility. No game for me until November now!

FFS if wee cant beat the pars with a couple of players out. Well dont know what else to say . Oh maybe who gives a shit about the boys and girls who made plans months ago .Think of the supporters for once.Ya bunch of greedy bastards.

A good number of people travel far further than from Fife

I know a bloke and his wife who live in Cornwall who have bus tickets booked to Bristol airport and flights to Glasgow plus 2 nights hotel

None of which is refundable and they are both on the minimum wage

Maybe they could do a £30 Nacho tour when they come up to compound matters

Can't be arsed wading through eighteen pages but can I assume that someone has pointed out that this postponement has nothing to do with availability of players and everything to do with denying an opportunity to protest before the AGM?

Gogzy's idea of a bounce game is a good one but won't happen because it would still provide a platform for protest.

McCoist should have told Mather/board : "my team can beat Dunfermline so if you want to cancel because of protest, keep me and my players out of it, thanks"

Who needs enemies when we have liars making stuff like this up?

I suppose you have proof of this, yes?