SoS demo today

kplfishtank

I am saying that he was asked a very specific finance question, one that he might not have had the exact numbers to hand for.

He answered that there was over 10m in the bank, and he wasn't certain which money it was as it all went in the same pot.

Then 3 days later, he gives an answer to the question he was asked, and got slaughtered for that too.

None of this equates to lying.

Ok let's just say he wasn't lying then was he being straight with the fans who pay their hard earned cash into the club every week?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He told us how much money was in the bank.

Why is it even important what money was the IPO and what wasn't.

I would have been happy at knowing how much hard cash we had, and he told us that.

If the prospectus had said "we'll whack all the IPO money in the bank with everything else and just see what happens", then this would be reasonable.

As it is though, people have a right to know what happened to their investments.

Of all the comments that may wind someone up I am staggered you have a problem with that.

I assume you have misunderstood me. It is far too simplistic to decide that there are two sides so you have to believe one of them. You don't. And certainly not without evidence.

I don't have to decide who I trust but I have!!

And no I don't have any hard evidence but there are an alarming amount of coincidences in the last 12 months and unprofessional statements and actions to make me come to MY decision.

I am not forcing anyone to agree with me just having a discussion on what I believe that's all.

Indeed.

Having been born and raised down South not making a game for over a decade I've often felt disconnected from the club and support.

In regards to passion. Personally my passion for Rangers is like a fire, lit by my dad, that burns within me. That can't be extinguished over time or distance. It only gets bigger, brighter and stronger.

You're spot on.

That's what all parties need more of in this. Some passion.

#passion

If the prospectus had said "we'll whack all the IPO money in the bank with everything else and just see what happens", then this would be reasonable.

As it is though, people have a right to know what happened to their investments.

Not seeing the relevance in this post?

People got to know what happened with their investments, It is in the accounts, as it should have been.

He probably worded the answer terribly though.

If he had just said, "there is 10m left in the bank, a better breakdown of the figures will be available in the accounts" It would have been better.

Him saying "I don't know" seems to be a bone of contention with some. Fair enough, I can see why that would annoy people, it's his job to know.

Stockbridge said he 'didn't know how much IPO money was left'.

Andy McKellar from Copland Road was at the meeting and he posted the following report on their site:

The question was then asked of our current bank balance and reports of disappearing IPO money. Our financial director responded, "Yes, we raised £22 million. It’s not true that we have £7 million in the bank. Audited accounts will be out in mid-September and they will show that we have £10 million in the account. The Club is not in financial distress."

Stockbridge though soon began to evade questions and was unable to provide an answer on the composition of our £10 million in the bank in terms of season-ticket income and IPO cash. We were told that "It goes into the same pot of money. We can’t distinguish between the two."

So didn't you get an answer?

Andy McKellar from Copland Road was at the meeting and he posted the following report on their site:

The question was then asked of our current bank balance and reports of disappearing IPO money. Our financial director responded, "Yes, we raised £22 million. It’s not true that we have £7 million in the bank. Audited accounts will be out in mid-September and they will show that we have £10 million in the account. The Club is not in financial distress."

Stockbridge though soon began to evade questions and was unable to provide an answer on the composition of our £10 million in the bank in terms of season-ticket income and IPO cash. We were told that "It goes into the same pot of money. We can’t distinguish between the two."

So didn't you get an answer?

So how did the press get that information 3 days later then???

And what type of company can't distinguish between 2 pots of money going into the one bank account.

If that's the case how do they know where the money is coming in and going out from and what are the real running costs of the company.

And you don't think we're being badly run!!!!!

The one off bills and purchases are the key here.

Edmiston house. How much?.........

Car park. How much?.........

Football debts. How much?.........

Over 13 months we had a loss of 14m. Remove those figures and what are left with?

Losing 1m a month?

Yet some "fans" still listen to the pape...ers... and the BeastBC?

Over 13 months we had a loss of 14m. Remove those figures and what are left with?

Losing 1m a month?

Tell me then how much where they and what is the figure left?

Time the stupidity ended those going to the games to start this pish again are either not true supporters or just stupid idiots who are being brainwashed to do something they don't even understand, you are supposed to go to the games to support your team. You are all an embarrassment to the team and to the true supporters of the team and the idiots who are organising this should be ashamed of themselves as you obviously don't care about the players on the pitch.

Losing 1m a month?

Dont forget that we will have substantial one off payments this year also.

The contract pay offs were not included in the accounts, they will add up to well over £1m. We have refurbs to the stadium and Murray Park, we have to renovate Ed House to get it raising revenue.

These are all new one off costs not encountered this year.

Losing 1m a month?

Oh, and I dont think the Ed House and Car Park costs were in the £14m loss. Think these were accounted for in another section if I remember correctly.

Think it was c£4m one off costs in the £14m Op Loss.

So how did the press get that information 3 days later then???

And what type of company can't distinguish between 2 pots of money going into the one bank account.

If that's the case how do they know where the money is coming in and going out from and what are the real running costs of the company.

And you don't think we're being badly run!!!!!

Sorry. I was responding to Alex saying Stockbridge lied to the fans. I have not offered any opinion on if we are being badly run. Maybe you can answer your own questions. Mind you Keiron Pryor seems OK with the way its going so far.

1. He states there is £10 million in the bank but we have been told there is £11 million left from the IPO alone but we are not making losses every month????? Do the maths and try including ST money in that figure also.

2. He states that he is looking to increase our TURNOVER not profit by selling more ST( of which we already have nearly 40k already in the third tier) next season, hospitality - what's the difference between watching Berwick or Stenhiusemuir when deciding to go corporate ....absolutely nothing so no more TURNOVER there!!!

3.Other revenues...... Go on tell us then what other revenues are you talking about.

4. Opening a new shop in the airport will increase funds my arse... You trying to tell me that we have a superstore and we are are losing earth shattering amount of money due to the fact we don't have a shop in the airport!!!!

5. He states there are not many willing to give up £200k in salary as he's contractually entitled to but I'm sure I read somewhere that the football manager has just given up over £300 k on his own salary that he was contractually entitled to ????

6. He states it hurts by unfounded allegations but all of the above are facts not allegations that's why people accuse him of not being straight with the fans.

7. He also states the he should be judged by financial results???

Period ending June 2013 - loss of 14.4 million pounds........consider yourself judged Mr Stockbridge!!!

are you on the board of a listed company?

are you at least a qualified accountant, on the board of a medium business

or a qualified accountant who works for one of the major accountancy firms

if not why should anyone listen to your rants?

1. He states there is £10 million in the bank but we have been told there is £11 million left from the IPO alone but we are not making losses every month????? Do the maths and try including ST money in that figure also.

2. He states that he is looking to increase our TURNOVER not profit by selling more ST( of which we already have nearly 40k already in the third tier) next season, hospitality - what's the difference between watching Berwick or Stenhiusemuir when deciding to go corporate ....absolutely nothing so no more TURNOVER there!!!

3.Other revenues...... Go on tell us then what other revenues are you talking about.

4. Opening a new shop in the airport will increase funds my arse... You trying to tell me that we have a superstore and we are are losing earth shattering amount of money due to the fact we don't have a shop in the airport!!!!

5. He states there are not many willing to give up £200k in salary as he's contractually entitled to but I'm sure I read somewhere that the football manager has just given up over £300 k on his own salary that he was contractually entitled to ????

6. He states it hurts by unfounded allegations but all of the above are facts not allegations that's why people accuse him of not being straight with the fans.

7. He also states the he should be judged by financial results???

Period ending June 2013 - loss of 14.4 million pounds........consider yourself judged Mr Stockbridge!!!

I don't think anyone has answered your questions, and thought I may be able to help.

1) your question demonstrates why it is utterly pointless splitting money into different pots of income. I can't see the £11m in the article you quoted. Also, you can lose money without making a loss in every month, I don't really understand the problem with that, I presume we would make money in months where season ticket sales are high.

2) more tickets or higher prices, plus he mentions other revenues. Turnover is the correct word, not profit.

3) sponsorship, TV, revenues from assets purchased, shirt sales, etc.

4) no he isn't saying that, don't be silly. Will this shop bring in additional money? If so, then that Is positive, or should we only do something if that individual thing will plug any gap in the finances, on its own?

5) the manager hadn't done that at the time of the interview, and even now that he has , there aren't many people that do, he didn't say no-one else would or could.

6) he wasn't referring to your points in the interview, you have only just made them. There have been some strong allegations of all sorts of impropriety, and they could be upsetting to someone, I am sure he should be able to cope with it though.

7) the books are far more complex than that for a year one set up company with vastly reduced turnover and some legacy overheads. Football debts from oldco had to be paid, capital assets were purchased, staff TUPE wages had to be paid, many commercial deals were cancelled, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there are important questions to be asked of him, particularly around the revenue streams for increased income and if the projection is for another loss and to what level and if additional funding is likely to be sought, and if so, when? (Possible next Season as a launch back to the top league?)

I don't think anyone has answered your questions, and thought I may be able to help.

1) your question demonstrates why it is utterly pointless splitting money into different pots of income. I can't see the £11m in the article you quoted. Also, you can lose money without making a loss in every month, I don't really understand the problem with that, I presume we would make money in months where season ticket sales are high.

2) more tickets or higher prices, plus he mentions other revenues. Turnover is the correct word, not profit.

3) sponsorship, TV, revenues from assets purchased, shirt sales, etc.

4) no he isn't saying that, don't be silly. Will this shop bring in additional money? If so, then that Is positive, or should we only do something if that individual thing will plug any gap in the finances, on its own?

5) the manager hadn't done that at the time of the interview, and even now that he has , there aren't many people that do, he didn't say no-one else would or could.

6) he wasn't referring to your points in the interview, you have only just made them. There have been some strong allegations of all sorts of impropriety, and they could be upsetting to someone, I am sure he should be able to cope with it though.

7) the books are far more complex than that for a year one set up company with vastly reduced turnover and some legacy overheads. Football debts from oldco had to be paid, capital assets were purchased, staff TUPE wages had to be paid, many commercial deals were cancelled, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there are important questions to be asked of him, particularly around the revenue streams for increased income and if the projection is for another loss and to what level and if additional funding is likely to be sought, and if so, when? (Possible next Season as a launch back to the top league?)

The first car crash of a statement (but we have been told there is £11 million left from the IPO alone) as opposed to question set the fuse for the rest to implode, making up stories about the IPO seems to be the hostiles basic manual.