Scotsman rumour mill- plan to have ally sacked

Blue72

Why? It would have been the right thing to do at the time

Loads of fans felt the same

Some fans felt the same - not all - we had a wee poll just after the Forfar game and Ally still got the majority ( slim majority) to keep the job - so don't be sucked into thinking that vocal minorities are representative

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What future looks bright ?

Ricky Foster and Stevie Smith playing in the SPL ?

Im sorry but no 7 or 8 goal victories are going to change my mind on Ally. He hasnt got it as a manager and Ive seen enough over 2.5 years to confirm that. He can go on and win 36 or 38 league games and i will still want a new manager. Green was right, a cup is a must given the £7m wage bill Ally has at his disposal. And i dont mean the Ramsdens. (tu)

And if he wins the Scottish Cup?

Some fans felt the same - not all - we had a wee poll just after the Forfar game and Ally still got the majority ( slim majority) to keep the job - so don't be sucked into thinking that vocal minorities are representative

Loads want/wanted him gone and loads want/wanted him to stay

I've always said that he's got a managers job for life as there's far too many fans that think he can do no wrong - nothing's changed my mind

Sadly for Rangers we have too many people running to their media outlet of choice, a few wee examples;

All extracted from the Daily Record;

Paul Murray exclusive: Tell me who really owns Rangers.

Rangers a year on from administration: Ex-director Paul Murray opens his ... Over the next two days in an exclusive interview with Record Sport, ...

FORMER Rangers chairman Malcolm Murray and Paul Murray were among a group of shareholders who raised a petition at the Court of Session in Edinburgh today.... another exclusive

Battle for Rangers: Jim McColl insists Charles Green won't get a penny as he accuses him of pushing club to brink of disaster............

KEITH JACKSON says this paper is looking out for the best interests of the Rangers fans by shining a light on those who are running the club they love.

Ex-Rangers director Paul Murray: It's time for Charles Green to call off the attack dogs and retain club's dignity

Rangers could be owed tens of millions in damages over phantom tax bill, says ex-Ibrox director Paul Murray....

Former Rangers director Paul Murray demands answers over tax case

Rangers in crisis: Blue Knights warn of 'financial consequences' of Bill Miller taking over the club....

PAUL MURRAY’S Blue Knights lost out on the battle for Ibrox last night – then warned Duff and Phelps have made the wrong choice by backing Bill Miller.

Seems that rather than cutting off the supply of information to this Rennie's Rhag we have people who, in order to further their own, agenda go running to the media to tell their stories. No consideration is given to the harm it may be doing the club.

Difficult to demand fans stop buying the rag when elements within the club hierarchy feed the rhag with stories.

Whilst totally ignoring the current board run to the sun.

2 bunch if chancing fucks trying to out chance each other. Get the lot of the cunts to fuck

With the right prep theres no reason that we couldn't win 4 leagues on the bounce. Very rarely have we been outclassed in a game since ally took over. The main slip ups have happened when he plays defenders on midfield. On the face of it he aint that bad and certainly not as some will make out. Room for improvement of course

I want to win the SPL first season back in the top flight

If Ally can manage it great if not then I'd replace him - but he will need funds and financial backing to do it a lot of our players are great for the level we are at but not good enough to turn Celtic over IMO

Yet your opinion was he should have been sacked after Forfar.

If every manager was sacked after an embarrassing result where would that leave football?

While I think winning the top league asap is imperative to show our strength if it's not achieved in the first season back it's hardly a sackable offence

And if he wins the Scottish Cup?

Still wouldn't be enough for some.

SSN have been focusing on us going on a 100% season. Only been done 5 times in history, in a lot less than 36 games, while I think it's way too early to be talking bout that even if Ally did that it still wouldn't be enough for some. Sad, but unfortunately true.

Yet your opinion was he should have been sacked after Forfar.

If every manager was sacked after an embarrassing result where would that leave football?

While I think winning the top league asap is imperative to show our strength if it's not achieved in the first season back it's hardly a sackable offence

I don't really get your point

He should have been sacked after Malmo, Maribor and Falkirk within the space of about 4 weeks far less Forfar

My comment is based on him still being in a job when we are back in the top flight - which he probably will be in all likeliness

A lot of the fanbase would join the calls for the board to go and probably turn away from attending games. Regardless of what you think of Ally as a manager, he is the final symbol that we have a true Ranger looking out for the club inside Ibrox. If he was to go you would only be left with the suits upstairs, of which none can claim to love the club as Ally does.

This is not to say that Ally is unsackable, but at this time the club needs stability and IMO Ally represents that.

I'd pretty much agree with most of this. Ally is virtually unsackable at the present time, and results would really have to be bad for him to go.

He should have been sacked after Malmo, Maribor and Falkirk within the space of about 4 weeks far less Forfar

My comment is based on him still being in a job when we are back in the top flight - which he probably will be in all likeliness

Don't agree.

I think the main problem with football these days is the lack of patience managers get, at every level, to mould their team and grow into the job. If sacking the manager is the go to solution after a few bad results, particularly when concerning a rookie manager, then the game is fucked in general these days.

That's not even taking into account the drastic turn-around we have been faced with recently.

As for winning our Scottish Championship back in the first season, it would be epic. Though if we don't I can't agree the manager should be sacked because of that.

Don't agree.

I think the main problem with football these days is the lack of patience managers get, at every level, to mould their team and grow into the job. If sacking the manager is the go to solution after a few bad results, particularly when concerning a rookie manager, then the game is fucked in general these days.

That's not even taking into account the drastic turn-around we have been faced with recently.

That's fine

2.5 years into the job almost - is he still a rookie though?

Results in league have been good even of performances are iffy - but aslong as we keep winning

That's fine

2.5 years into the job almost - is he still a rookie though?

Results in league have been good even of performances are iffy - but aslong as we keep winning

2 and a half years as a manager, I'd say that's still in the infancy of what that manager can learn and achieve.

Winning is the main thing. Always has been, always will be. Especially in our history of success. We aren't the most successful club in the world because pretty football is paramount.

Yes, it's right to expect a better standard of performance and this season we have seen a marked improvement.

2.5 years as manager and something like 6 years as Smiths number two for Rangers and Scotland and he's 52

To me that's one of the oldest and most experienced rookies about

Generally no Old Firm manager lasts more than 2 seasons not winning the league - provided McCoist gets financial backing he shouldn't be an exception although some folk will have millions of excuses to keep him in a job longer the same way some people look for an excuse to put him down too

But who could have leaked it. You'd like to think that;

A. Directors wouldn't be discussing board room business with the manager even if it is about him.

B. That only the 3 people involved would know of this.

C. Neither of these 3 people would run to the press with it.

I am afraid with the infighting going on in the board "A" is not beyonds the realms of possibility to create turmoil.

2.5 years as manager and something like 6 years as Smiths number two for Rangers and Scotland and he's 52

To me that's one of the oldest and most experienced rookies about

Generally no Old Firm manager lasts more than 2 seasons not winning the league - provided McCoist gets financial backing he shouldn't be an exception although some folk will have millions of excuses to keep him in a job longer the same way some people look for an excuse to put him down too

We can ignore what he has had to deal with as Rangers manager, we can focus on his poor cup record but after 3 consecutive promotions if he fails to win the Premiership it is not right to sack him.

I want that title back asap. I'd fucking love it, but I can't sit here now and say I expect it. In a year, another year for players to grow into the jersey (look at Black compared to last season), a chance to improve the squad unrestricted, then maybe my expectations will change. But I can't agree with you that failure to win the Premiership in the first season is worthy of sacking the manager.

Agree to disagree on this one mate. Let's just hope he proves me right and others wrong.

I think it will all depends on the first season back in the league with regards to McCoist. As much as I criticise him and still don't see many of the qualities in him that make a good manager, I think that if he at least runs the mhanky mob close in the first season then he fully deserves another pop at them. If his team doesn't look like getting near the league title then he has to walk.

Would have been a bit harsh sacking him after Malmo, the first leg was only his 2nd game in charge.