Media Campaign against King started

iang2911

They are as predictable as they are insidious Ian.

Funny how when an alleged sex pest and war criminal took the helm at Celtic Park it didnt even warrant a murmur from them.

But here's a memo to the unholy trinity of Spiers/Gibbons/English- The Rangers support couldn't give a flying robotic gerbil about the "previous" of Dave King - what we want is an owner who loves our club and has a determination to see it run properly - these are the boxes we want ticked.

I like it when you get angry D'art .Usually your a cool head but your passion shines through

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are as predictable as they are insidious Ian.

Funny how when an alleged sex pest and war criminal took the helm at Celtic Park it didnt even warrant a murmur from them.

But here's a memo to the unholy trinity of Spiers/Gibbons/English- The Rangers support couldn't give a flying robotic gerbil about the "previous" of Dave King - what we want is an owner who loves our club and has a determination to see it run properly - these are the boxes we want ticked.

Unfortunately D'Art there are fans that do care about 'previous' as is the case the Easedales (I am not one of those fans I would add), that and surely the past few years has taught us that rumour, innuendo and downright illegal practises from some 'sources' is a powerful tool.

What does Dave King bring to us as chairman? As our owner I would be delighted to welcome him as chairman I really don't see the point.

A chairman with power will help to get rid of the in-house shite that has been going on and hopefully help to unite all parties with the best interests of our club at the heart of it, no need to be an individual owner for that to happen and due to the millions of shares spread around would be quite difficult to become a singular owner. Also as a strong chairman with a unified support etc then it can help to fight against the obvious bias that there has been against us.

Keevins saying that Lawwell could end up with the casting vote on whether Dave King passes the fit and proper test.

Fckn unbelievable if true.Even if it's only an outside possibility,the fact that Lawwell could hold the power to block King's return shows exactly why he should never been allowed on the SFA board.

I realise its not a popular view, but i dont think he will pass the criteria either. And if i am being 100% honest on the matter, i would be able to see why he shouldnt pass. (tu)

Although the criteria has been laid down, they are guidelines only and are at the discretion of the board on a case by case basis. The fact that some journalists are reporting otherwise is creating an opinion in the minds of their readers, this is also what happened last year.

Yes, he has, for several months. He also states that the response was positive from them, that won't and hasn't stopped spears and English from trying to push their agenda

Thought as much mate. In his statement he clearly states that the SARS settlement has "removed any impedement" to his plans. Just another chance for Spiers to earn a few quid with a couple of gigs on on Clyde and BBC to spout nonsense.

On the contrary my friends, with the sorry state of Scottish football, I can see DK passing the criteria.

Yes, there will be the usual hee haws from the mhedia, but they have proven that they do NOT see the bigger picture and are only after newspaper sales (not from us), so they will always distort the truth.

Scottish football needs Rangers, whether they like it or not.

Although the criteria has been laid down, they are guidelines only and are at the discretion of the board on a case by case basis. The fact that some journalists are reporting otherwise is creating an opinion in the minds of their readers, this is also what happened last year.

Its what should have happened before that wee kunt was allowed anywhere near our club. Bottom line in all of this is that King was a serving member on our board when all the shit happened, not once, but twice in my opinion. I know Shyte was holding Board meetings but as a non exec, King was in a position to do something about that and didnt until it was far too late.

And this is not withstanding the fact he could have served some real prison time for the tax stuff in SA.

Im caught between a rock and a hard place on this one though, because i do believe we need his investment. (tu)

A chairman with power will help to get rid of the in-house shite that has been going on and hopefully help to unite all parties with the best interests of our club at the heart of it, no need to be an individual owner for that to happen and due to the millions of shares spread around would be quite difficult to become a singular owner. Also as a strong chairman with a unified support etc then it can help to fight against the obvious bias that there has been against us.

Really don't see King doing a good job as chairman don't see what he brings I want him at OUR club just not this role.

The thought has just occurred to me that King splurged £42m to make these charges go away, up until that point he had been happy to sit tight and let the case against him slowly unravel, which it was. Could this Chairman role be his motivation.

That's all wonderful but why our chairman and why now?0

Now because it suits Mather and he obviously sold King on the idea.

What does King get in return?? That is anybody's guess but it is no coincidence that the day after his tax situation was settled he was interviewed on ZA television and one of the comments directed at him mentioned him being able to devote more time to his other passion, the Rangers.

Whatever King is up to I believe he is in for the long-haul. I also believe the more he is hounded by the media, the more determined he will be seen as the man who took Rangers back to the top.

I see the chairman's' role as a way for him to get his foot in the door - that one step I alluded to earlier.

Look we all ken that Timothy is going to have a field day with (their take on it) a tax cheat chairing the tax cheats. Both are of course part of the usual Timothy lie cheat deflect strategy. Some day instead of fighting with each other, our energies will be applied to forward thinking and looking at the likely move from the corrupt ones in the East and having a strong counter move ready from the West. We seem to have our King David in place to battle the Philistines to our South (the SFA), so lets get behind those that represent RANGERS no some war lord wannabees and take on the real enemies.

And this is not withstanding the fact he could have served some real prison time for the tax stuff in SA.

Yes he could have but he didn't. He had a bill from the tax man after a protracted battle they came to an agreement that suited both parties. Quite common in tax cases. King himself admitted that prolonging the case had been a mistake on his part.

Surely in the interests of "sporting integrity" Liewell would need to absent himself from even being part of these deliberations far less the actual vote. After all, we all know his high moral standards.

You would think so, however I think you'll find Sporting Integrity only applies one way.

Look we all ken that Timothy is going to have a field day with (their take on it) a tax cheat chairing the tax cheats. Both are of course part of the usual Timothy lie cheat deflect strategy. Some day instead of fighting with each other, our energies will be applied to forward thinking and looking at the likely move from the corrupt ones in the East and having a strong counter move ready from the West. We seem to have our King David in place to battle the Philistines to our South (the SFA), so lets get behind those that represent RANGERS no some war lord wannabees and take on the real enemies.

In both cases unfounded tax liabilities(to an extent), Wasn't so long ago their use of the biscuit tin to avoid tax and duty was there for everyone to see.

It started as soon as the news broke. The usual suspects of speirs and English already stating, falsely, that the sfa rules prevent him from rejoining Rangers. The rules are discretionary, used on a case by case basis.

Meanwhile we have FF, RST and the other old groups as well as SOS, that name alone should have made people distrust them never mind "spivs out", still given it large amongst the Rangers support!!!

FFS when are we going to learn?

Right here and now ALL fans of Rangers should be campaigning to have ALL these groups disbanded. They do nothing now for the club or the support.

There is an urgent need for us, the fans, to also get our house in order.

Sorry didn't notice this thread before I wrote something similar, admin can merge or close mine if they are too samey.