Daily Mail Story

Old No7.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Some people have come out this morning and said the hand is a salute related to Glasgow Rangers, this has been confirmed by a spokesperson this morning that the hand salute shown has never been associated with Rangers fans and anyone claiming this is hindering their own racists views'

You couldn't make up the pish people speak :lol:

Either way, it's a breathtakingly stupid thing to do.

Explain why?

Just because every stupid person that associates it or claims it's a Nazi salute says so.

Is that the reason?

People know it's absolutely nothing to do with Fascism or Hitler or both.

Another stick to beat the Brittish Army or Armed Forces with.

Another reason for them to throw shit at Rangers Fans.

FFS we used to raise our Hand in support of Ulster whilst singing the National Anthem.

When did that all become illegal then.

Honestly a story to get all offended over again.

Explain why?

Just because every stupid person that associates it or claims it's a Nazi salute says so.

Is that the reason?

People know it's absolutely nothing to do with Fascism or Hitler or both.

Another stick to beat the Nrittish Army or Armed Forces with.

It harms the club and harms the image of the support and how we are percieved.

The "Red Hand Salute" caused me a few issues a year or two ago when a few old photo's appeared on Facebook of me when I was younger and dafter doing it, reason I hate social networking sites and refuse to allow tagged photo's on my feed. It's clear that this has been brought up because the Tarriers were not satisfied with what happened after the Armed Forces Day complaints but I agree having nearly got in some trouble for it myself that it's not worth doing at all, most of the general public with no idea about Loyalism etc wouldn't be able to tell the difference and I'd only raise my arm in a similar fashion during Number One Platoon - better off doing a clenched fist Loyalist salute any other time ;)

Fuck the apologists as they ARE the problem!

You have ex serviceman absolutely disgusted with it and loyalist MP's who can't explain this mystery red hand salute. A fucking trio of morons who have disgraced our forces and the club. When you say ''apologists" do you mean people apologizing for their actions? If so you are correct. If you are excusing these twats then you live in a bubble with no concept of the real world and how it works.

It harms the club and harms the image of the support and how we are percieved.

Totally agree. It doesn't matter what it is, people who don't know any better will see it as a Nazi salute. It isn't but it's the perception. Unlike the events at Ibrox earlier this month, the photos of the soldiers here are cringe worthy. They look more like a Nazi salute than a red hand salute. Probably because it's not being done properly but it just emphasises the stupidity of the red hand gesture. Why do we need a gesture? Just use a flag or something.

As for the article, that's another issue. Bit of a hatchet job and some strange quotes from some supposed experts.

Was Prince Harry 'sacked' for dressing up as Hitler?No he went on to give quality service.As an ex-serviceman (Navy),I find this whole thing ludicrous.Service men and now women,know when it's important to be serious and respectful,they also know their history and know they stand in the shadow of those who went before.Sadly the pantywetters in this Country will jump all over this non story.

I can't help but think that this nonsense is aimed more at Rangers/OO and the upcoming Remembrance Day at Ibrox than is it to do with a couple of individuals.GSTQ.

Was Prince Harry 'sacked' for dressing up as Hitler?No he went on to give quality service.As an ex-serviceman (Navy),I find this whole thing ludicrous.Service men and now women,know when it's important to be serious and respectful,they also know their history and know they stand in the shadow of those who went before.Sadly the pantywetters in this Country will jump all over this non story.

I can't help but think that this nonsense is aimed more at Rangers/OO and the upcoming Remembrance Day at Ibrox than is it to do with a couple of individuals.GSTQ.

EXACTLY! Well said.