Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

40 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Definitely, Microsoft have gone in hard for this console generation. 

I also like that you can buy a xbox series x for 28.99 a month for 24 months which includes gamepass with no apr. 

That's really fucking decent, think I'll look into that later.

1 hour ago, lidorfc said:

Having to get used to Xbox controllers again is a bastard :lol: first few games of Apex Legends and I couldn't hit a thing. 

23 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Can see myself giving my Series S to my niece and upgrading now. :lol:

Got it to play Halo and Gears of War again, can't grumble with 30 quid a month. 

5 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Sinking silly amounts of hours into the witcher, easily my favourite game in the past 6 or so years. 

Feel like a tit for not getting into it earlier. 

Wait until you start Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. 

Also, it will seem absolutely confusing as all fuckery at the beginning, but learn Gwent, once you get the hang of it you'll become addicted :lol:

On 20/01/2022 at 23:59, The Godfather said:

Sinking silly amounts of hours into the witcher, easily my favourite game in the past 6 or so years. 

Feel like a tit for not getting into it earlier. 

Had it for about 2 years (game of year edition) - got it from asda for a tenner and never opened it lol

Waiting to play it once PS5 patch comes out as all ever here are good things about it. 

Never played red dead 2 as well - another one just gathering dust so to speak as well as dark souls 3.

Just now, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Had it for about 2 years (game of year edition) - got it from asda for a tenner and never opened it lol

Waiting to play it once PS5 patch comes out as all ever here are good things about it. 

Never played red dead 2 as well - another one just gathering dust so to speak as well as dark souls 3.

I was going to wait for the patch but that's the best part of 6 months away. I'll replay this though again its that good

6 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

make sure you get the witcher DLC the blood and wine one is as big as some games itself

• 2 weeks later...

Completed the main story of the witcher. Brilliant, wish I had played the olde ones too. 

Only at level 31 though so will go through the expansion pack quests and others.

When the upgraded one is released for next gen do you think it will work with new game +

5 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Completed the main story of the witcher. Brilliant, wish I had played the olde ones too. 

Only at level 31 though so will go through the expansion pack quests and others.

When the upgraded one is released for next gen do you think it will work with new game +

Should work no bother. 

Start Hearts of Stone first then Blood and Wine btw. 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Witcher 2 is probably my favourite of the series. Though it's the one that introduced me to the series so I've got some emotional loyalty to it. 

Aside from the lore, it's a very different game compared to Witcher 3. Its alot more linear(it's not open world) but I feel it had a much better story line and presentation because of it. 

I tried playing the Witcher 1 but i just counldnt get on board with the combat and the controls. 

8 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Witcher 2 is probably my favourite of the series. Though it's the one that introduced me to the series so I've got some emotional loyalty to it. 

Aside from the lore, it's a very different game compared to Witcher 3. Its alot more linear(it's not open world) but I feel it had a much better story line and presentation because of it. 

I tried playing the Witcher 1 but i just counldnt get on board with the combat and the controls. 

I'd probably feel the same playing them after 3 too, this was the one that got me hooked so doubt it would be topped.