Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Just now, siamthedanger said:

Which Alien game mate? Isolation? 

The very first one mate, that was on ps one and was made platinum?

I was reading an article there that the people who made it basically made it that you put their disc in and you could then play any copied game, a bit like the double swap but without all the faffing about 

Just now, RFC55 said:

I was reading an article there that the people who made it basically made it that you put their disc in and you could then play any copied game, a bit like the double swap but without all the faffing about 

Ah right, never played that one mate. Been reading that the guy behind the TV show Fargo is currently making an Alien TV series which will be out in 2025 set 30 years before the first Alien movie. Hopefully get another game developed as well! 

11 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Ah right, never played that one mate. Been reading that the guy behind the TV show Fargo is currently making an Alien TV series which will be out in 2025 set 30 years before the first Alien movie. Hopefully get another game developed as well! 

Alien trilogy it was, was absolutely fucking amazing, moving from The mega drive to that, the jump was unreal 

On 03/01/2024 at 17:30, RFC55 said:

Alien trilogy it was, was absolutely fucking amazing, moving from The mega drive to that, the jump was unreal 

Played that to death on the ps1, still mind the cheat code to this day "igotpinkacidbootson" lol

On 03/01/2024 at 17:11, RFC55 said:

Was Resurrection that allowed the copied games.

On 03/01/2024 at 17:11, RFC55 said:

It's Alien Resurrection that had that hidden in the disc. Copies have shot up to over £200 on eBay.

I loved Alien Trilogy too. Alien Resurrection was the first game that introduced dual analogue stick control for movement in FPS games, it was fucking quality. TimeSplitters on PS2 copied it.

I've still got my copies of both.

10 minutes ago, Assegai said:

It's Alien Resurrection that had that hidden in the disc. Copies have shot up to over £200 on eBay.

I loved Alien Trilogy too. Alien Resurrection was the first game that introduced dual analogue stick control for movement in FPS games, it was fucking quality. TimeSplitters on PS2 copied it.

I've still got my copies of both.

I looked on the ps store last night and seen with the premium subscription syphon philter was there. Loved that as well.

id love a remake splinter cell or a new one, they were fucking sensational 

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I looked on the ps store last night and seen with the premium subscription syphon philter was there. Loved that as well.

id love a remake splinter cell or a new one, they were fucking sensational 

i think there is a new splinter cell in the works

i loved syphon filter too but i'd stay away from it if i where you i downloaded it but it is unplayable fuck knows how we used the controls back then if i was the type to throw the joypad in frustration it would have been thrown out the window

6 hours ago, Rowley Birkin said:

i think there is a new splinter cell in the works

i loved syphon filter too but i'd stay away from it if i where you i downloaded it but it is unplayable fuck knows how we used the controls back then if i was the type to throw the joypad in frustration it would have been thrown out the window

Same with the original resident evil games, the fucking tank controls were abysmal 

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Any good? 

Good fun, much like the first one. Hard to really get deep into it. That’s my own fault though. I bought it cheap to tide me over until TLOA2 came out remastered as I’ve still never played it.

Hooked so far. Can’t play it for hours on end though, it’s heavy.

I'm obviously quite late to the party for TLOA2. I started the TV show and stopped to wait once the remaster was announced. I'd never got round to playing it.

Story-wise, they are just so deep and thought provoking. But great fun too in gameplay. Really loving it. Desperate to talk to people about it so far :lol:.

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

I'm obviously quite late to the party for TLOA2. I started the TV show and stopped to wait once the remaster was announced. I'd never got round to playing it.

Story-wise, they are just so deep and thought provoking. But great fun too in gameplay. Really loving it. Desperate to talk to people about it so far :lol:.

The Last of Us? Aye the second one was fantastic I didn't get the weird backlash to the story.

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

The Last of Us? Aye the second one was fantastic I didn't get the weird backlash to the story.

Yeah. Lazy thumbs. I haven’t played the first one for about 10 years, but I remember it sitting easily in my top 10 maybe 5 of all time.

Second won’t be far off.

33 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Yeah. Lazy thumbs. I haven’t played the first one for about 10 years, but I remember it sitting easily in my top 10 maybe 5 of all time.

Second won’t be far off.

How far in to it are you?

6 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

How far in to it are you?

Day Three in Seattle.

Just had the flashback of Joel having to tell Ellie what happened at the hospital in the first game, and just killed one of the girls from the gang who killed Joel.  

34 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Day Three in Seattle.

Hide contents

Just had the flashback of Joel having to tell Ellie what happened at the hospital in the first game, and just killed one of the girls from the gang who killed Joel.  

You've barely scratched the surface yet mate!

28 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

You've barely scratched the surface yet mate!

Brilliant. Like I say, it’s incredible so far, but in hour or two stages. It’s not one to binge. It’s heavy and challenging enough in shorter bursts.

I know very little about the story. Other than the opening, I’ve managed to stay spoiler free since it came out.