Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

COD Servers all completely fucked.

Everyone seems to have lost every bit of progress across weapon unlocks, rankings, and Battlepass on MWIII and Warzone and been reset back to 1  :lol: 

NOOOOOO!!!!!

On 22/02/2024 at 10:02, CR3 said:

be refreshing if this wasn’t other film adaptation of a game that is complete guff, but I’m not sure I’ve much hope.

IMG_9453.jpeg

The casting seems random as fuck - especially Hart and Blanchett.

4 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Borderlands is pretty random as fuck so it might work.

Aye, wait and see. Don't think them aging Lilith by 30 years will be the thing that makes or breaks it. 

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Finny said:

Looking for a game to play with my daughter. Similar to the uncharted games. Any suggestions. 

If she’s old enough to play alongside you then “It takes two”. It can only be played in co-op but it’s a great game full of action.

Just now, Iakona said:

If she’s old enough to play alongside you then “It takes two”. It can only be played in co-op but it’s a great game full of action. 

We've played that mate. Really enjoyed it. 

started Dragons dogma 2. Had heard good things about this months ago so picked it up. Pretty classic RPG style. Decent start without blowing away. 

Just now, CR3 said:

started Dragons dogma 2. Had heard good things about this months ago so picked it up. Pretty classic RPG style. Decent start without blowing away. 

Was listening to the KindaFunny podcast talk about it earlier, seems like it picks up a lot later on.

13 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Was listening to the KindaFunny podcast talk about it earlier, seems like it picks up a lot later on.

Nice. The youtuber FightinCowboy who is good at doing content for a lot of the souls likes and RPG’s called it a modern masterpiece. On the evidence of the start that’s generous but I’m all for it getting class later on. 

Bought resi 5 and 6 on the sale, 4 quid each, didnt play them originally as i missed the ps3 era due to going out of gaming for a good while

5 was decent enough, but 6 is a struggle, apart from the characters, and the virus type, theres literally fuck all resident evil about it

The jump scares and horror aspect is replaced with just constant action, there's literally a part where your driving a car and chasing someone, fucks that all about lol

13 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Bought resi 5 and 6 on the sale, 4 quid each, didnt play them originally as i missed the ps3 era due to going out of gaming for a good while

5 was decent enough, but 6 is a struggle, apart from the characters, and the virus type, theres literally fuck all resident evil about it

The jump scares and horror aspect is replaced with just constant action, there's literally a part where your driving a car and chasing someone, fucks that all about lol

5 was decent but always seemed like a downgrade from 4 and the buddy AI was absolutely horrendous with how often they'd get themselves killed. 

6 is just a stain on the series.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

5 was decent but always seemed like a downgrade from 4 and the buddy AI was absolutely horrendous with how often they'd get themselves killed. 

6 is just a stain on the series.

See if 6 didn't have the resident evil name, and was called something like "bio warfare attack" or some shit like that with non resident evil characters it would be absolutely fine, it's actually a fine game on its own

Its just not fucking resident evil lol

Aye sheva was a pain in the arse sometimes in 5, AI co-op must be much better nowadays if they remade it

4 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

See if 6 didn't have the resident evil name, and was called something like "bio warfare attack" or some shit like that with non resident evil characters it would be absolutely fine, it's actually a fine game on its own

Its just not fucking resident evil lol

Aye sheva was a pain in the arse sometimes in 5, AI co-op must be much better nowadays if they remade it

Should be next in line for the remake treatment, although I'm hoping for a Code Veronica one first.

5 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

The 3 remakes they have done have been good, remake of 3 got a lot of hate but i thought it was alright 

2 and 4 were better though, 4 was the best game they have made in the series

Think the problem with 3 was it was a bit rushed and half arsed.

58 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Think the problem with 3 was it was a bit rushed and half arsed.

Short storyline but lots of replay reasons, i remember OG 3 being short as well, the clock tower was cut from 3 remake but they opened up the RPD and the hospital section in remake

4 remake has topped the lot though, a CV remake would be unreal

16 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Code Veronica was absolutely solid 

I mind one of the boys in my old work was stuck on the cargo plane cause he got there with about 2 handgub bullets and fuck all else and the tyrant popped up lol

No saves close by to reload and save ammo so he had to start again,