David Robertson

GOAT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best left back we've had in my 30 odd years watching Rangers. He was consistently phenomenal.Remind me, who was keeping him out of the Scotland team?

I have been watching Rangers For 55 years and without a shadow of a doubt Numan was our best left back.Just wish Sandy played in the same team.

had sticky fingers in the dressing room due to an outrageous gambling habit, stealing from players and the like. once he was found out he barely got mention at Ibrox again. The Gaffer made sure he didn't kick another ball for rangers when he tried to deny the help the club where offering.

Pretty outrageous accusation.Hope you have your facts right,or maby i dont.

Just following up on another thread, what a player he was for us. But he doesn't seem to get the praise the likes of Numan got for us.

Also, how did he only manage to get capped three times for Scotland?

My favourite left back, didnt realise he only got 3 caps for Scotland their loss was our gain i guess. :thumbup: The LB for Scotland at the time must of really been something special lol

had sticky fingers in the dressing room due to an outrageous gambling habit, stealing from players and the like. once he was found out he barely got mention at Ibrox again. The Gaffer made sure he didn't kick another ball for rangers when he tried to deny the help the club where offering.

Unless you know something we don't and have facts, I have to say this is utter bullshit!

Great left back for us , struggled at Leeds due to injuries and different style of play. At Rangers lots of emphasis on getting forward where at Leeds it was mainly defending. Mate who's a Leeds season ticket holder said they didn't take to him and Davie ended up flicking the V's up at them and it went quickly downhill from there playing only a handful of games over 4 seasons.

Great left back for us , struggled at Leeds due to injuries and different style of play. At Rangers lots of emphasis on getting forward where at Leeds it was mainly defending. Mate who's a Leeds season ticket holder said they didn't take to him and Davie ended up flicking the V's up at them and it went quickly downhill from there playing only a handful of games over 4 seasons.

I think he picked up a bad knee injury in the 5-1 cup final vHearts & never seemed the same afterwards.

Met him down here just after his time at Leeds was up & he seemed a top bloke.

I asked him if he'd been a Gers fan originally, his reply was 'No - but I soon became one!'.

Played in really good Rangers teams in which he was mostly the weakest link, but who wouldn't be from today's team, maybe Wallace, did link up well with Laudrup.

Mostly the weakest link? What games did you watch?

Mostly the weakest link? What games did you watch?

He was a squad player, many fans questioned his signing from Aberdeen, he played in a team of stars who would have walked into our current team, would I play him over Wallace in our current team, I don't think I would.

he was a great player but nowhere near as good as Numan. His defending was poor and he cost us a few important goals with shocking clearances. I also seem to remember he had a go at the fans one night and stuck his fingers up which didn't go down too well. He was a very good player though and miles ahead of any Scottish player today.

He was a squad player, many fans questioned his signing from Aberdeen, he played in a team of stars who would have walked into our current team, would I play him over Wallace in our current team, I don't think I would.

Fucking hell. :lol:

Goram-

Robertson-Brown-Gough-McPherson-Huistra/Mikhailitchenko-McCall-Durrant-Steven-Hateley-McCoist

He was part of a team that was limited to 3 'foreigners' but was the most successful Rangers team in Europe since the Premier League era began. This was pre-Laudrup, pre-Gascoigne, pre-Dutch revolution. He was not a Squad player, he was standout.

Somehow the Scottish management could not find him a slot due to Malpas initially, Boyd latterly. His own reluctance to sit on the bench to earn a slot didn't help.

Bigger names followed but we never got a better team.

Goram-

Robertson-Brown-Gough-McPherson-Huistra/Mikhailitchenko-McCall-Durrant-Steven-Hateley-McCoist

He was part of a team that was limited to 3 'foreigners' but was the most successful Rangers team in Europe since the Premier League era began. This was pre-Laudrup, pre-Gascoigne, pre-Dutch revolution. He was not a Squad player, he was standout.

Somehow the Scottish management could not find him a slot due to Malpas initially, Boyd latterly. His own reluctance to sit on the bench to earn a slot didn't help.

Bigger names followed but we never got a better team.

Just another player who thought he was better than he was.

Once again Rangers made him look so much better than he was by playing against shite sides and playing with legends and men!

He left us. He thought he was better than Rangers and IMO just another player who went to England to be never heard of again.

We could all rattle off so many of these types. Many players forget just how good we make them look.