Cristiano Ronaldo vs Zlatan Ibrahimovic

JamieD

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful finishing for all three of Ronaldo's goals. Some decent link up play from Portugal too it seems. With him in form they can be an obvious force at the tournament.

I really don't rate Bruno Alves. I'd rather have Ricardo Costa alongside Pepe.

I was rooting for Sweeden :(

As good as Ronaldo was there were still 2 occasions he rolled about like a complete and utter fanny and embarrassed himself

Yeah I felt myself rooting for them as well, Portugal are a better team no doubt, but they dive about like wee pansies man.

A world cup without one of the best players to play the game would suffer.

Ronaldo may be a cunt to some but footballing wise the guy is on another level from everyone else (bar Messi). His goalscoring record is mental.

Better than Messi this year. If he doesn't win the ballon d'or this year, it will be a scandal.

A world cup without one of the best players to play the game would suffer.

Ronaldo may be a cunt to some but footballing wise the guy is on another level from everyone else (bar Messi). His goalscoring record is mental.

Yep. The guy is different class.

I think Portugal will bring more to the World Cup than Sweden would.

Interesting to see Ronaldo's reaction to his third goal, it was if he forgot all about the rehearsed posturing and posing celebration he usually provides for the cameras, he was just like a player who was genuinely overcome with joy at what that goal meant.

Better than Messi this year. If he doesn't win the ballon d'or this year, it will be a scandal.

Possibly, but then Ronaldo fans said it was a scandal when Messi won it after scoring 90 goals in a season without winning much of note. Same situation.

There's no satisfactory winner this year. Ronaldo has been individually impressive but he won bugger all. Ribery won everything but hasn't been anywhere near as good. It should clearly go to Ronaldo of the two, but then it risks becoming a goal-scoring award.

Possibly, but then Ronaldo fans said it was a scandal when Messi won it after scoring 90 goals in a season without winning much of note. Same situation.

There's no satisfactory winner this year. Ronaldo has been individually impressive but he won bugger all. Ribery won everything but hasn't been anywhere near as good. It should clearly go to Ronaldo of the two, but then it risks becoming a goal-scoring award.

Indeed Ronaldo has also just sent his country single handedly into the World Cup finals which is a fantastic achievment so that should count too.

IMO, i've always said Ronaldo is an all round better player than Messi. And it's been quite simple this year tbh, Ronaldo has been a better and more effective player than Messi.

Think that's Messi out for 2 months now anyway, isn't he?

Indeed Ronaldo has also just sent his country single handedly into the World Cup finals which is a fantastic achievment so that should count too.

Aye, brinkmanship should win him it :lol:

He had a fairly poor qualifying campaign until the play-offs. That's why they were in the play-offs.