McCoist wants to sit down with Wallace in Jan (transfer targets)

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt see Sky Sports news. However, was he referring to bringing people in during January? Or was he perhaps just talking about identifying transfer targets in general. Remember we can start approaching players on pre-contract as of January 1st. Building for next season which make no mistake will be a tough league, especially if Hearts are relegated.

Hearts are weaker than us just now.

The negativity is astounding.

A football club can't stand still, it needs new players to keep pushing those in a jersey and to ship out those that are not making it. As long as we keep our overall wage bill under control, we should be looking to freshen things up.

It was noted by Derek Rae last night that Faure was suggesting he wants to leave in January if he's not getting regular football, I'm sure there are others that might be the same.

It's one of the main reasons I think we should be recruiting young players. If they don't get a shot with us, they'll want to move on. If you bring in a 30 yr old, he'll happily sit and take his pay and never play!

They should sit down and discuss the situation with regards to the manager's budget, whether that means more in, some out or status quo. Actually think it would be great to get back to that rather that people thinking Ally should worry about the club finances.....he should think about his budget and that should be enough financial stuff to worry about.

I agree (I think)

I would be stunned if Ally and the Board were not going to have a chat about what could happen in January - there will (might) be players who want away - Faure has already stated he might want to move on (although he might be happier now Foster is out and he is getting a run of games) - I am sure Cribari can't be happy warming the bench and even Sheils and Templeton might want to move on. Discussing transfers is not necessarily a one way street - It would also not surprise me if some teams are showing an interest in Wallace so there might even be cash coming into the club (Lewis Macleod may also be on folks radar - although I see January as a time when teams plug gaps (so Wallace might be attractivve to teams weak at LB) but summer a time for buying deve,lopment players (like Lewis).

Ally will want to know (and should know) what financial constraints he is working under (it might even be the board NEED a sale !) so I just dont see why folks are worried that Ally might be chatting to the Chairman / bard about what will happen in January.

I honestly don't think he will be to hard to deal with, I reckon 8-10k would be reasonable

enough, the boy has made a shed load without really being settled since he left us.

I would take Hutton but we already have foster and is there any need to have two highly paid, experienced RB's whilst playing at this level? The other issue is would he come? He has been poorly treated by villa but I'm sure he will feel he has something to offer a premiership team?

I honestly don't think he will be to hard to deal with, I reckon 8-10k would be reasonable

enough, the boy has made a shed load without really being settled since he left us.

I'd suggest 10k a week would be rather problematic for us at the minute. Even then, if you think a guy with the ego of Alan Hutton is going to drop from 40k a week down to 10k a week (that's also assuming he's willing to drop down so many levels (and I realise he's not getting a game) at what should be the prime of his career) then, well I'd suggest you are a hugely optimistic fella!

I'd suggest 10k a week would be rather problematic for us at the minute. Even then, if you think a guy with the ego of Alan Hutton is going to drop from 40k a week down to 10k a week (that's also assuming he's willing to drop down so many levels (and I realise he's not getting a game) at what should be the prime of his career) then, well I'd suggest you are a hugely optimistic fella!

well it looks like we have already given up the ghost of challenging the tims in the foreseeable

future, who have we to aim for at 6-8k a week to challenge.

As for Hutton I believe back at the club he didn't want to leave in the 1st place would be more settling

than getting fucked about down south.