Barry Mckay signs for Morton

iang2911

I'm suggesting that people like McKay are the future whilst mcculloch is an old pals act, is shite and we have wated over 7 mill on him.

mckay has to prove he is the future as he has stagnated while Fraser aird has got his head down and kept improving. You need to put your personal feeling about jig to one side on issues that have nothing to do with him.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mckay has to prove he is the future as he has stagnated while Fraser aird has got his head down and kept improving. You need to put your personal feeling about jig to one side on issues that have nothing to do with him.

What's personal.

Anyone, with eyes, could see he has been a massive waste of resources.

Which is? Because from where I'm sitting letting boys like McKay and Gasparotto go get first team football when they aren't doing enough to get into our side yet is a good thing for their development.

This. If Mckay isn't playing well at U20s, why should he get a chance in the top squad?

Good. This is what I think McKay needs; game time at a club with it's backs against the wall.

Every time his name comes up in discussion, it's "Barry should be in the team" and "McKay has to start". It confuses me because I have seen absolutely nothing from Barry of late, both in terms of impact and consistency, that merits those comments.

There's a player in there, but he's got some distance to go before becoming that player.

Shows promising glimpses of what he can do

gets a few first team games

scores goals to help us lift the 3rd div title

gets injured

comes back from injury

gets a chance to come off the bench and scores the winner

gets dumped on the sidelines

gets dumped on loan

end of rangers career.

He's not the first and he sure as hell wont be the last, ally spending and giving players like smith, ricky and other lumps of shite in the team chances over promising players is just damn right disgusting.

Good. This is what I think McKay needs; game time at a club with it's backs against the wall.

Every time his name comes up in discussion, it's "Barry should be in the team" and "McKay has to start". It confuses me because I have seen absolutely nothing from Barry of late, both in terms of impact and consistency, that merits those comments.

There's a player in there, but he's got some distance to go before becoming that player.

I'm thinking you may be correct but its ironic that we are placing guys on loan to a higher division than we are playing. Lets hope its part of a plan and not one that sees us selling these boys off for a pittance.

We need to remove the dead wood and it's not these youngsters that much is sure.

Ally has no time for youth and just wants old players with no sell on cost.

We are going no where with the Miller's and JD of this world.

i think you have a point and this needs to change if we ever want to be sucsesfull as a business .i also think we were guilty of of panic buying again in the summer and pretty much just took what was available .there is a huge list of shit that needs sorted at the club.

Before folk criticise the club, anyone seen Barrie play for the U20's, from reports I've had he isn't even making a mark there ... so why should he be instantly propelled into the starting 11?

Just because he is a youth player doesn't give him an automatic pass into the first team, let alone the first 11.

That's not to say he shouldn't be cast aside, the loan system is there for a reason, first team competitive games are better for his development than playing at U20 level.