Barry Mckay signs for Morton

iang2911

Before folk criticise the club, anyone seen Barrie play for the U20's, from reports I've had he isn't even making a mark there ... so why should he be instantly propelled into the starting 11?

Just because he is a youth player doesn't give him an automatic pass into the first team, let alone the first 11.

That's not to say he shouldn't be cast aside, the loan system is there for a reason, first team competitive games are better for his development than playing at U20 level.

Spot on.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised at jig getting critisized ,i think he has been immense over the last couple of years,imo there is people in the queue first to be shown the door ,sheils ,templeton ,and Daly have never kicked a ball for us ,Daly couldn't win a header yesterday and hese fkn huge ! I would rather nacho was runnin around like a headless doo than Daly lookin like he doesn't give a fck !

Direct Quote from, Nicky Law, as our captain Lee is someone we look to for inspiration and if we need it a pick me up, he's usually the man to give us it, whether he is having a word saying you need do things better or making a good tackle or scoring a goal, he is someone who always leads by example. but dont let the players put you off slagging our captain, jeez :thumbup:

Surprised at jig getting critisized ,i think he has been immense over the last couple of years,imo there is people in the queue first to be shown the door ,sheils ,templeton ,and Daly have never kicked a ball for us ,Daly couldn't win a header yesterday and hese fkn huge ! I would rather nacho was runnin around like a headless doo than Daly lookin like he doesn't give a fck !

Really harsh on big Daly..

It's no coincidence that when the big guy has an off day so does the team.

We've become overly reliant on his goals, others need to do more.

I don't quite get the comparisons with McCulloch here. Are you suggesting we play McKay at centre half?

It's an idea. If we played him there long enough people might even start pretending he is a centre half and not just there because he can't be dropped and his natural position is already taken by a better player.

Nacho Novo is not this superhero that will come back then we will be amazing, Novo has lost his only attribute and that was running, Daly is not supposed to run about, he is there to win headers and when there is nobody there to head it onto, what is the point in winning them? Clark and Law need to give him support. Macleod needs to hold his position and not keep coming into the middle and leave wallace on a 1vs2

Whit? Daly has scored 12 goals for us this season, that's at least 12 kicks (or headers) of a ball he's had. I'm sure he's had a few assists too.

I don't quite get the comparisons with McCulloch here. Are you suggesting we play McKay at centre half?

Thank god it's not just me then! To mention the loaning of Mckay, questioning Jig's place in the squad & mis-management in the same sentence is baffling in the extreme.

I get the fact that producing talented youth players is the way forward for us, and also that we should restrict spending salaries, but this is ridiculous! He's away for a month ffs :lol: It's not like we've let him go with no fee, or compensation. :lol: :lol:

Direct Quote from, Nicky Law, as our captain Lee is someone we look to for inspiration and if we need it a pick me up, he's usually the man to give us it, whether he is having a word saying you need do things better or making a good tackle or scoring a goal, he is someone who always leads by example. but dont let the players put you off slagging our captain, jeez :thumbup:

Give him the managers job then because he's as much a manager as he is a centre back.

He's nowhere near one of our worst players, in fact he's one of our best, but he's not the best in his actual position at which point the question of value for money arises.

As a club we have little or no real historical record of developing and nurturing young talent.

As a club and a support we demand instant and constant success, of course in our current circumstances we (club and support) talk a good game about giving youth a chance, but we don't really mean it.

Young McKay and Gasparato et al will just evaporate like steam from a kettle, 3, 5 or 10 years in the wilderness building a team of world beaters from the youth system, sounds great but its never going to happen, first chance we get to buy ready made first team pros we'll take it,

In all honesty youth development is the least of our worries at the moment, this time last year against Clyde then Queens Park at Hampden was the highlight of my holidays, this year the magic is fading fast, and Thursdays performance against Stranrear was really hard on the eyes, on the final whistle there less than 10 thousand in the stadium!

Everything at our club needs sorted, from the boardroom to the boot-room and super fast, hope the boy McKay makes it wherever he plays, somehow I just don't think it will be at Ibrox.

What a load of pish. Daly has been one of our best players this season.