Should have stuck with Charles Green.

bunter

stb where they just daft or was it the start of the strategic exit ? Because he new he could leave with a good payday and claim he was being hounded out. I've already stated I believe it was the Rangers vast support who saved the club not mercenaries who smelt an easy profit

Fans played a massive part obviously but we needed a buyer and Blue Knights, Bill Ng, Brian Kennedy, Bill Miller etc were all total let downs.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited my post to explain. Green did many things right but responsible for position we are in today

Well in fairness it sounds like Green was going to start running a tighter ship but he left obviously and Mather seemed to allow something of a transfer spree, so it's not all that clear cut

Individually he probably did do more than anyone else. He galvanised the consortium and put his money where his mouth is.

Tbh bud, I'm just sick of all this pish. Off the field we're unrecognisable, it isn't the Rangers I know and love.

Yep I feel the same, the focus of our support on political and financial matters is so disheartening as well, football fans ffs.

Well in fairness it sounds like Green was going to start running a tighter ship but he left obviously and Mather seemed to allow something of a transfer spree, so it's not all that clear cut

Charles said a lot of hopeful things. Sorry but you won't convince me Charles was the great white hope. He did some good things and some bad things. Not beginning to introduce any infrastructure tells me that it's a relief he's not here anymore.

Charles said a lot of hopeful things. Sorry but you won't convince me Charles was the great white hope. He did some good things and some bad things. Not beginning to introduce any infrastructure tells me that it's a relief he's not here anymore.

Well McCoist apparently fell out with him over budgets so seems there was more to it than words.

Tbh mate i'm happy to move on from Green but it's others that keep bringing him up usually in a negative context so I feel inclined to defend him.

Individually he probably did do more than anyone else. He galvanised the consortium and put his money where his mouth is.

Tbh bud, I'm just sick of all this pish. Off the field we're unrecognisable, it isn't the Rangers I know and love.

Totally agree mate. I'm almost done. Considering just taking a back seat to it all. If I wanted to spend all my time discussing board room politics I'd go on a business forum and start buying the financial Times.

Well McCoist apparently fell out with him over budgets so seems there was more to it than words.

Tbh mate i'm happy to move on from Green but it's others that keep bringing him up usually in a negative context so I feel inclined to defend him.

Fact is, I don't think Charles was fussed about sticking with us (tu)

I don't think Charles is terrible but I do think that a lot of people gloss over the fact that whilst he did many good things, he also had a large role to play in us falling back into the same traps as before, the traps that have led us to today.

I think we can both agree that we should be moving on rather than looking backwards

Fact is Green played us like fannys and he still is via the Easdales, all this pish he saved the club, don't make me laugh always getting the club because of the master plan with Whyte Murray and Muir,the guy was is a serial liar.

Fact is Green played us like fannys and he still is via the Easdales, all this pish he saved the club, don't make me laugh always getting the club because of the master plan with Whyte Murray and Muir,the guy was is a serial liar.

How did another bidder get an offer accepted before Green if he was always getting the club then?

Still had no-one manage to answer that

How long is it since a Charlie statement/announcement? we were getting them every 15 minutes at the death ( most were exaggerated nonsense) , anyone find the silence odd? the man just could not stop talking, now for ages he has been quiet as a mouse, work that one out.

Aye, thanks to Malcolm Murray.

Doesn't change the fact he saved us does it?

Green was CEO and effectively in charge of the club. The excessive salaries were his responsibility.

Oh that right MM was head of a remuneration committee that set the salaries, even although no such committee existed when the salaries were set!

How long is it since a Charlie statement/announcement? we were getting them every 15 minutes at the death ( most were exaggerated nonsense) , anyone find the silence odd? the man just could not stop talking, now for ages he has been quiet as a mouse, work that one out.

Probably saving it all for his book. Rangers and Me , The Charles Green Story.

No, he should've left straight after the IPO and took that board with him, his/their job was done. Then Wallace or somebody as good should've been brought in to take the club on from there.

Correct but they wouldn't have been able to fill their pockets or their pals and continue to do so