your favourite ever title

MrMccoist

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ok , I'm an older bear ! !

I've got to say 1974-5 . Colin Stein at Easter Rd. Not the excitement of title wins we've had in recent years but it was the first title I was aware of . When you go through Primary School and most of Secondary School never winning a league , it really seems a lifetime that it had taken to happen and that's why I look upon it as something special .

This is my fav. as well. It was the first time that I'd been at a match, where we won the league on the day. I remember thinking that we didn't play awfully well, but well enough to win the league. I remember having a big poster of Colin Stein above my bed, & kissing it every night before going into bed.

I also remember us winning the league at Pittodrie, when the support invaded the pitch, I remember thinking that this was the biggest following we'd ever had up there. There were Bears in every part of the ground, me & my 3 mates got tickets for just above the tunnel, we thought we'd be sitting among the sheep, but there were only Bears there. Never got onto the pitch, but it looked great, my mate had his camera with him, & was trying to take pics, as we were all bouncing up & down singing. Great memories of a GREAT CLUB.

Although our best ever title will be our next one. I just hope that I'm still alive to see it, then I can die happy :thumbup::7325:

Although the obvious 9iar was special.

The feeling that day at pittodrie when we won it for the first time under souness will live with me forever.

Having not been champions for so many years made it extra special.

There must have been 20,000 bears in pittodrie that day and to go there and win it,considering how dominant Aberdeen had been over the previous few years under alec ferguson was magical.

Rangers were back.

Helicopter Sunday, then 9 in a row, then '99.

The end of 2010/2011 was an absolute belter though. I knew, when McGregor saved that penalty against the filth, that it was going to happen, but my God did those 3 goals in seven minutes calm my nerves.

91 and beating The Muttonmolesters to win the title, got married the day before and put the honeymoon on hold to see the game.

Special day caus if we:d lost to the sheep after losing Souness and a great lead we would have had a c*** of a time getting over it .Also took pressure of wattie and allowed him time to settle into being a 9 in a row winner.Team ran themselves into the ground that day and atmosphere one of the best ever at Ibrox and not to forget it was the day Hateley came good.

50th league title, Helicopter Sunday and Winning the League in 7 minutes.

I feel the traitors have ruined that title but defo helicopter Sunday. The first half was waste by me and my mates driving our cars as he mistakenly thought he had it. We actually watched the 2nd half of the Motherwell game in another mates house with the radio or internet on listening to the game. We watched SM bury they two goals live lol what a day and I have a big cheeser while I write this :-)

every single title we have won is special, but if I had to pick one, I would plump for Souness' first, when we won the Skol cup we just knew it was the beginning of something big.The Rangers revolution began and the rest is history, plus the teams we were up against were on a even playing field, a very high standard at that time, from that year on was the beginning of the end of Scottish football, we simply outgrew everybody,even selik. as some ppl have said our next one will be up there, I will probably greet like a wean.

2011 has to be the most special out of the recent titles for me. It was my first year away from home at Uni and was living in student accommodation in a block full of Tims. After the 3-0 game at Parkhead when we were pumped and I had to listen to them for days, it felt like the league was out with our grasp. Then we won the League Cup and the belief came creeping back. Then there was McGregor's save at Ibrox then the collapse at Inverness. To top it all off me and my mates missed the first 3 goals at Killie running around Paisley Road West trying to find a pub that would let us in! Didn't care though it was such a magical end to a season which looked sewn up at New Year, over by March but order was restored by May!

This is a very hard one. In no particular order,

The year we won the last of the old style first division after years & years of not winning anything. We drew with Hibs at Easter Road. After the game John Greig came in to Waverley station but had to scarper as there were too many of us fans rushing at him.

Helicopter Sunday, Unbelievable (with thanks to John MacDonald)

The year we won with Arteta's penalty. I was at home watching our game and the other one at the same time.

Worst would be not winning 10 in a row.

I enjoyed winning the league at parkhead , still the best day of my life !!

But for sheer excitement and being the favourite , it has to be Helicopter Sunday!

That will live forever!

An exceptional day that you have once in a lifetime

Love threads like this. Well played the OP.

Three stand out for me.

1. Winning the league on goal difference 02/03.

2. Gazza's hat trick against Aberdeen to win 8 in a row.

3. Winning the league at the Brendanbeu and seeing the Scum humiliated and embarrassing themselves across the globe.