Ally McCoist on David Murray

thehost

Make a deal with me, that when people I have no control over stop doing things you'll stop doin things? What part of that deal am I involved in? <cr>

I hope your business deals are a bit clearer than that.

You ask me to stop obsessing

I tell you I wont have anything to obsess over if people didn't keep up their antics.

In other words you'd be better placed focussing on getting Alistair to stop destabilising the club than me from having to react to it. Unless, of course, you would prefer me to ignore what he says and live in a world of milk and honey?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing something from ally I don't particularly like. I don't get this constant media involvement, interviews like "I have my opinions on what's gone on here, but I'll keep them to myself" is there a need to tell the world this?

I think he's trying to apply pressure to someone, or added pressure on himself, I just don't get it

You ask me to stop obsessing

I tell you I wont have anything to obsess over if people didn't keep up their antics.

In other words you'd be better placed focussing on getting Alistair to stop destabilising the club than me from having to react to it. Unless, of course, you would prefer me to ignore what he says and live in a world of milk and honey?

So it was just the 'I will make a deal with you' part of your last post that was wrong? Fair enough.

I'm seeing something from ally I don't particularly like. I don't get this constant media involvement, interviews like "I have my opinions on what's gone on here, but I'll keep them to myself" is there a need to tell the world this?

I think he's trying to apply pressure to someone, or added pressure on himself, I just don't get it

It's dawned on him that he can't do the job without a big chequebook, so he has suddenly found himself in a great big hole and is trying his hardest to get Wallace to sack him so he can run to his pals in the timmy press shouting about how hard done by he was.

Here is the bold Alistair's latest

http://www.dailymail..._medium=twitter

'I'm delighted Dave is still interested in the club. Same for Paul Murray and David Murray because they are people whose opinions will be valued by Rangers supporters.

Bumming up the architect of our downfall now.

Beyond comprehension and shows the gulf in thinking between those who were made multi-millionaires and those who have to live with the demonization and ruin of a once proud institution.

Looks like he has been mis-quoted, not like journos to do that eh?

Pretty sure he means Malcolm.

If Ally really said David the papers would be all over it.

End thread.

Beyond comprehension and shows the gulf in thinking between those who were made multi-millionaires and those who have to live with the demonization and ruin of a once proud institution.

Our downfall is not down to one man. As fans we demand success and across the football world every manager seeks to buy success as much as earn it. We bought players we couldn't always afford. Man U are shelling out £40 mill for one man. Celtic are currently trying to pacify fans who expect money being spent and it isn't coming (January almost over and they aint spending much yet). Ally has done it too and I can't blame him but someone should have told him to look for cheaper targets. On the face of it Daly and Law are good pros who will get us to the SPFL, Wallace, Bell, Clark and Templeton will be playing in the top tier. Fans need to accept that they can't have success without spending money. IF we could replace Ally would that manager be expected to be successful without spending a dime? Naw!

I don't disagree about Murray, there aren't many Rangers fans who would have much good to say about him.

Your obsession is a different matter, something you should probably talk to someone about.

Bawsburst would be a good starter....imagine being stuck in the middle of that conversation.lol

Said it before, and I'll say it again:

There's a big difference between Ally the legend and McCoist the manager.

While I don't rate him as a manager, he is the manager of my team, and will support him until he is no longer so.

Having said that, I don't think that supporting him means I can't criticise him, as long as it is relevant and constructive.

I do wish I could stop reading his frankly confusing interviews to the press, as I seem to read more about his views on the boardroom pish than I do about his footballing ideas

The camps of blind supporters and abject haters seem to be a minority, thankfully.

Still, it seems the minority speaks the loudest - making us seem to outsiders as a club riddled with infighting, whereas I'd hope the majority of us just want to get on with it

I know that you have no love for McCoist, as a manager, but it's starting to look like you hate the guy.

I agree that Ally should just concentrate on team matters, rather than things which are outwith his remit.

He's the biggest fanny on the internet.

This is the guy who was blowing smoke up Craig Whyte's arse when he was ripping our club to pieces.

Ask him what he thinks of Walter Smith.

A Rangers fan he aint.

Hate the guy?

Im pointing out that he thinks that fans think david murray is a "good guy".

This is the guy who brought us to where we are today, the architect of our downfall a man who allowed the club to be vilified.

I'd go further. Anyone who holds murray in high regard cannot be a Rangers supporter. The evidence will tell you that it is mutually exclusive.

Says Craig Whyte's biggest fan.

I think you'll find that the vast majority of player's at Rangers during the murray years will think he's the bee's knee's,he did make them all millionaires after all.

Most of them have never paid a penny in but have taken plenty out.

How much have you paid to your employer? It's all well and good players pledging allegiance to the club, however we should never forget at the end of the day it's a job!

We were brought down by Whyte and Whyte alone. If he had bought the club with £18 million of his own money and then paid the PAYE and VAT on time, we would still be top of the SPL.

SDM had a number of faults but, under his stewardship, the club won more trophies than in any other era, and in doing so, gave me some of the happiest moments of my life. Let us not forget.

Who sold to Whyte?