Ally McCoist on David Murray

thehost

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David Murray made us vulnerable the day he decided to use EBTs, legal or not.

I'm sure had he known the consequences at the time he would never have used them.

Sadly after all the wonderful players and trophies his legacy will be he was the person who sold the club to CW.

blah blah blah blah

instead of wetting your panties why not stick to the subject

is Alistair out of step with the support when he suggests that we are interested in what david murray says and value his opinion?

Why oh why, why why do you and Bawsburst call Ally "Alistair"? Is it a way of undermining him? The whole world calls him "Ally"! I'm sorry it just really annoys me!

Anyway I love Ally but I am actually sick of seeing his comments every single day in the rhags. I wish he would concentrate on his managerial skills as much as he does on giving interviews.

On the DM thing , this has baffled me. I, like everyone else, loved the DM era but after assuring the fans he wouldn't just sell the club to just anyone he sold it to the biggest crook that walked the earth. Has Ally forgotten what happened? Hmmmm

Why oh why, why why do you and Bawsburst call Ally "Alistair"? Is it a way of undermining him? The whole world calls him "Ally"! I'm sorry it just really annoys me!

Anyway I love Ally but I am actually sick of seeing his comments every single day in the rhags. I wish he would concentrate on his managerial skills as much as he does on giving interviews.

On the DM thing , this has baffled me. I, like everyone else, loved the DM era but after assuring the fans he wouldn't just sell the club to just anyone he sold it to the biggest crook that walked the earth. Has Ally forgotten what happened? Hmmmm

Alot call him Coisty mate,don't think it matters,Alistair,Ally,Coisty.

David Murray would be as welcome as a big, wet fart in a space suit!

If he came back in any shape or form I would burn my ST!

Honestly think McCoist could be working his ticket,it's such a stupid statement to come out with,just no need for it. The last person ,ok apart from you know who,we want near our club is Sir Duped.

David Murray would be as welcome as a big, wet fart in a space suit!

If he came back in any shape or form I would burn my ST!

Honestly think McCoist could be working his ticket,it's such a stupid statement to come out with,just no need for it. The last person ,ok apart from you know who,we want near our club is Sir Duped.

How much have you paid to your employer? It's all well and good players pledging allegiance to the club, however we should never forget at the end of the day it's a job!

But Rangers are not just any old employer,there is an emotional attachment to football clubs that you don't get working in a factory.

So many made millions from Rangers but how many put money back in when we needed it.

All the so called Rangers fans who made a fortune under sdm were nowhere to be seen,but theyve had plenty to say in the newspapers.

Never paid into a match in their lives most of them.

But Rangers are not just any old employer,there is an emotional attachment to football clubs that you don't get working in a factory.

So many made millions from Rangers but how many put money back in when we needed it.

All the so called Rangers fans who made a fortune under sdm were nowhere to be seen,but theyve had plenty to say in the newspapers.

Never paid into a match in their lives most of them.

To you they are.

Is it possible he meant Malcolm Murray?

If he meant David Murray, then sadly he is out of touch with the fans about him.

Anyway some fans will moan about Ally no matter what he says and does.

However I agree that Ally should stop talking to the media about finance etc and concentrate on football.

As long as he is the manager and getting results (yes performances / tactics should be much better) I will support him

and the team. I think we should give credit and criticise when due without the constant abuse.

Perhaps it would be better if Ally left in the summer or next year winning the leagues with his head held high and whenever

he leaves we should thank him for what he has done and endured for our club.

Shocker - the host starting yer another a anti Ally thread - it's not like he has done that before - and why Ally mentions SDM - pres quote out of context and the host leaps on it !! How fking sad

Maybe if ally spent less time behind a mic and more time coaching his fucking team our performances against part timers wouldnt be god awful

I've read a couple of comments on this thread and I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone can tolerate David Murray!!!

Would these people argue that both he and Llloyds had no idea what kind if character Craig Whyte was???

I appreciate SDM for the rise of our club but I believe he lied about not knowing who and what Whyte was all about. Whyte, Lloyds and the BTC created the perfect storm which eventually led to our fall but I believe none of this would have happened if it wasn't for the banking crises.

I know I'm in the minority with my thinking of SDM but yes Ally is out of touch if he thinks the majority of supporters care what SDM thinks.

After the initial headline I expected a bit more than

‘I’m delighted Dave (King he is referring to) is still interested in the club. Same for Paul Murray and David Murray because they are people whose opinions will be valued by Rangers supporters.

Much ado about nothing or the OP trolling. Some fans do value the opinions of the two Murray's, more the pity in my view.

I'm prepared to admit I'm wrong on this but, I always thought that David Murray's spending was to try and turns us into European Champions, at least in the beginning anyway. Surely that is different from him just spending for the sake of driving us into the ground.

But then the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

He did employ the EBT's. Let's be honest here, surely no-one can say they knew 100% that we would be found not guilty and weren't slightly concerned about the whole thing. But at the end of the day we were found not guilty so maybe there is argument to say that it was a good idea utilised by him.

But the big tax case was the reason we were put into admin then liquidated. It was the reason Whyte never paid the tax in the small tax case. Nobody is gonna do what he did to Rangers for the sake of, what, £9M.

Without having read the article, I can maybe understand Ally thinking that folk have time for SDM seeing as we were at his stewardship during some of the best years and he obviously will have a good deal of knowledge there.

But it was a culmination of f**k ups that came together to do us over.

Whether that is a direct cause of SDM's actions I don't know but I can see the argument for it.

Either way I think maybe it's time we moved on.

There's a part of me that would love for him to come in and say "here's £20M" but then we would just end up back where we are. If something isn't working but you keep throwing cash at it to make up for the failures you're never going to have a stable business/club.

If we get our stable base, as Wallace wishes, then move on from there then it might be a slower ascent but it'll last longer.

Easy come, easy go as the saying goes.

Something is not right with that statement ,he wasnt asked about DM , and mentioned his name out of context , and even more bizarre the Rangers hating Mail , didnt expand on the subject .....i smell shite

I smell it too. SDM has been nowhere near our Club recently. Why bing him up out of the blue? Probably a mis-quote. He was probably referring to Malcolm Murray. Him and Paul Murray did come as a set after all.

I have supported Ally the football manager since all this shit started and still do, but he needs to stop talking to the mhedia about things that are outside his position as manager of our club. If Dave King is going to invest in our club that is for him and our board to discuss not Ally McCoist and the mhedia, and the bit about p murray and d murray still being interested in the club because their opinions matter to The Rangers fan base, well certainly not to me as p murray watched as the club went into meltdown with sdm then cw and d murray needed a wayout ie. ebt's so offloaded to cw . So personally I would suggest that Ally sticks to managing and commenting only on football affairs as quite a few fans are turning against him because of the continued use of the long ball and lack of tactics in general, even though the team has only dropped 2 points, but its the fact we are only playing against part timers and having to grind out results most weeks with the squad we have, that is our biggest complaint.