What has happened to our support?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

billy reid , McInnes, McCall, butcher .

they would all be doing a better job IMO

I wouldn't say any of those managers would be an improvement over what we already have, and that's one of the reasons I believe it to be futile trying to oust Ally. I wouldn't let Butcher near Rangers after some of his comments about us and wouldn't say his brand of football would be any more entertaining, I wouldn't like to give Reid or McInnes the reigns as I think the pressures of managing Rangers and keeping us happy would prevent the good footballing attributes inherent in their previous teams from shining through their fictional Rangers side. McCall is doing a great job at Motherwell with a very limited budget, he's the person I'd consider the most out of those 4, but again I believe he'd be stifled by pressures. All in all I see no significant enough improvement in replacing McCoist with any of those men.

In this stage of our progress to the top, I think disturbing things too much would be pointless as the gains would be so small. If anything I'd rather McCoist looked for a new assistant or coach with a different background to bring new ideas to the table.

You called a Rangers legend and current manager McCoist a shite manager, I'm pretty sure that goes way beyond petty name calling for some Rangers fans. Funny how Gogzy appeared as soon as you posted that, I'm pretty sure you did run away to mammy. Even after your post...

Interesting

no idea why my name is being brought into it.

but since I am here and you mentioned me, I'll weigh in.

Keep it as civil as possible, and stop the personal abuse, that goes for everyone.

It's basically the same coaching staff we had under Walter. That's just wrong that players don't improve, a blatant lie.

As stated earlier, how can someone's opinion be a lie????

You might disagree/agree or whatever but either way calling it 'a blatant lie' is total nonsense.

Do you honestly believe that the promiding youngsters and experienced pro's in our current squad improve as players under the current coaching/maagement team?

Seriously????

Read some of my earlier posts regarding Faure, MacLeod, Foster etc and tell me exactly what parts are 'blatant lies'?

It's basically the same coaching staff we had under Walter. That's just wrong that players don't improve, a blatant lie.

Bottom line, we have the 2nd highest wage bill in the country BUT can anyone honestly say we have anywhere near the 2nd best team to show for it?

On top of that the current squad has next to no potential sell on value, the lack of interest in any of our players during the recently closed transfer window is a damning verdict on the quality of the current squad.

The 'spunking' of cash on ex-SPL journeyman, who are raking in the dosh is sickening too imho.

Why is Lewis Macleod being played on the left, to accomodate Law/Black in the middle?

Why was Andy Mitchell released, Kyle McAusland loaned out and Richard Foster signed, BUT then we end up playing a French CD at RB, when he isn't playing the holding midfield role?

How much are we paying Steve Simonsen to sit on the bench, could one of the many young keepers on the books have done that?

Why is a guy (Nicky Clark) who scored 40+ goals in this division last season not starting ever y week and why are we not building an exciting young team around him?

Why couldn't Kane Hemmings get a game for us BUT is banging in the goals in the league above us for Cowdenbeath?

The list of questions about the team/coaching/management etc is almost endless and 'booing' them off the park should be the least of their worries.

Quite frankly, we are pish and boring as fuck to watch and the imposters in blue jerseys should be ashamed and embaressed to pick up their wad most weeks.

I forgot to add that without exception EVERY single SPL journeyman we have signed gradually gets worse the longer he is at the club!!

Templeton, scores at Anfield, signs for us, scores on debut for us...one year on he's on the bench and our most promosing young central midfielder is playing on the left!!!!

Law, started off this season superbly BUT surprise, surprise seems to have 'lost something' the past few weeks/games.....

Nicky Clark, see previous post above.....

The list is endless, has anyone we signed actually improved and become a better player since arriving at Ibrox?

There you go mate, to even save you looking back to find them, I have quoted my 'BLATANT LIES' for your response.

As stated earlier, how can someone's opinion be a lie????

You might disagree/agree or whatever but either way calling it 'a blatant lie' is total nonsense.

Do you honestly believe that the promiding youngsters and experienced pro's in our current squad improve as players under the current coaching/maagement team?

Seriously????

Read some of my earlier posts regarding Faure, MacLeod, Foster etc and tell me exactly what parts are 'blatant lies'?

The current coaching/managing team have been here for over 5 years.

The current coaching/managing team have been here for over 5 years.

Nope you have totally lost me again?

You stated quite clearly that my post was a BLATANT LIE!!!

Where exactly did I state how long the current coaching/management team had/had not been at the club?

I can't find it, can you please show me it, thanks in advance?

Nope you have totally lost me again?

You stated quite clearly that my post was a BLATANT LIE!!!

Where exactly did I state how long the current coaching/management team had/had not been at the club?

I can't find it, can you please show me it, thanks in advance?

This bit was what I was responding to originally:-

'I forgot to add that without exception EVERY single SPL journeyman we have signed gradually gets worse the longer he is at the club!!'

It's simply not true, even ignoring the fact the current coaching staff have been here since Walter was the manager, Lee Wallace has improved year on year.

This bit was what I was responding to originally:-

'I forgot to add that without exception EVERY single SPL journeyman we have signed gradually gets worse the longer he is at the club!!'

It's simply not true, even ignoring the fact the current coaching staff have been here since Walter was the manager, Lee Wallace has improved year on year.

We could play semantics if you wish, my point in relation to current coaching staff is in relation to the 'current' management team i.e. Ally as manager and his assistants. You are of course correct that they have all been at the club longer but in different posts.

Perhaps, I should have been crystal clear that when I refer to our 'current' management team I am specifically referring to the time period since they were appointed to their current posts, specifically since Ally became manager and became responsible for transfers/signings etc.

So, having clarified that, and apologies for not making it clear, can you name ONE signing Ally has made who has improved in his time at Ibrox and not went backwards under our CURRENT management team/

We could play semantics if you wish, my point in relation to current coaching staff is in relation to the 'current' management team i.e. Ally as manager and his assistants. You are of course correct that they have all been at the club longer but in different posts.

Perhaps, I should have been crystal clear that when I refer to our 'current' management team I am specifically referring to the time period since they were appointed to their current posts, specifically since Ally became manager and became responsible for transfers/signings etc.

So, having clarified that, and apologies for not making it clear, can you name ONE signing Ally has made who has improved in his time at Ibrox and not went backwards under our CURRENT management team/

Lee Wallace.

Sone Aluko.

How long was he at Ibrox?

I don't know, did he improve the longer he was at the club, probably wasn't match fit when we first signed him.

Assuming he did improve, was that a direct result of coaching/training he received whilst here in your opinion then?

How long was he at Ibrox?

I don't know, did he improve the longer he was at the club, probably wasn't match fit when we first signed him.

Assuming he did improve, was that a direct result of coaching/training he received whilst here in your opinion then?

He was here longer than Law, Daly and others you're claiming as having regressed have been here. Yes, yes he did improve - I have no idea if it was a direct result of the coaching/training he received as I don't know what goes on at Auchenhowie - all I have to go on his form on the pitch.

Anyway, you originally asked me to name one and I did. How long are you going to go on? Bearing in mind that you said 'without excpetion EVERY single SPL journeyman we have signed gradually gets worse the longer he is at the club'.

He was here longer than Law, Daly and others you're claiming as having regressed have been here. Yes, yes he did improve - I have no idea if it was a direct result of the coaching/training he received as I don't know what goes on at Auchenhowie - all I have to go on his form on the pitch.

Anyway, you originally asked me to name one and I did. How long are you going to go on? Bearing in mind that you said 'without excpetion EVERY single SPL journeyman we have signed gradually gets worse the longer he is at the club'.

Okay you win, well done!!!

Lee Wallace and Sone Aluko have BOTH improved under our current management team, I'm obviously totally wrong with my original WITHOUT EXCEPTION statement, pity that so many others/vast majority/almost all others are regressing BUT never mind you managed to name two!!!!

Okay you win, well done!!!

Lee Wallace and Sone Aluko have BOTH improved under our current management team, I'm obviously totally wrong with my original WITHOUT EXCEPTION statement, pity that so many others/vast majority/almost all others are regressing BUT never mind you managed to name two!!!!

There's absolutely no need to get upset at me, I just answered the questions you asked. Maybe you shouldn't make such silly and extreme claims.

Apart from winning the League, getting to the final of the Ramsdens cup and remaining unbeaten all season, drawing only one game.................................................................

What has Ally ever done for us?

There's absolutely no need to get upset at me, I just answered the questions you asked. Maybe you shouldn't make such silly and extreme claims.

I have admitted my 'WITHOUT EXCEPTION' comment was inaccurate as you hav eproved my naming 2 players who have improved since joining the club, and I congratulated you.

Aluko I forgot about, and I hinestly thought Wallace was here prior to McCoist taking over.

Again, congratulations.

Apart from winning the League, getting to the final of the Ramsdens cup and remaining unbeaten all season, drawing only one game.................................................................

With the 2nd highest wage bill in the country my 10 year old could probably acheive much the same and he wouldn't play a French CD at RB or in the holding midfield role against Forfar.

Ally has done an incredible amount of great things for Rangers.

As a manager those are very limited though.

In 2 and a half seasons he has struggled badly at times.

SPL Season.

- Lost a 15 point lead pre admin

- Knocked out League Cup by lower leauge Falkirk

- Knocked out 2 European qualifiers

- Knocked out the Scottish Cup at home Dundee United.

3rd Division.

- Knocked out the Ramsden by QOTS at Ibrox

- Defeats and dropped points at Ibrox in the league against part time teams

- Knocked out the Scottish Cup Dundee United

First Division so far.

-Knocked out the League Cup by Forfar

Now bar a routine title win in the third division I can't really see much Ally has done as 'A Manager'.