What has happened to our support?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of your guys are very hard to please

many of you moan about balls being lobbed up front and how you want to see the ball being passed around

well today Rangers passed the ball around really well for the majority of the time, often with quick one touch passing as well that really created space and opened Brechin up. Was great to watch too. Right up until halftime Rangers were having one of their best performances of the season.

yes the game went pear shaped after Mohsni lost the plot and got sent off but we still won with ten men and Brechin never really threatened much. If it wasn't for their keeper having a blinder there would have been a lot more goals conceded by Brechin.

yet still people are moaning about Ally and the style of play

is your glass half full or is your glass half empty?

I prefer mine half full.

Ally will be onto Mohsni and im pretty sure so will the other team members have something to say to the Frenchman. he really let everyone down today.

there were more positives today than negatives as far as I see things

Alternately you seem easily pleased.

Reduced to clinging on at home against part timers and there's more positives than negatives?

Why would you applaud an opposing team's goal? Its called sportsmanship. I would not expect anyone to cheer but by all means recognise quality by applause. Lets, at least, maintain some standards, unlike the mhanky mob.

Exactly

It's no my thing but it happens

It doesn't mean Rangers fans want Brechin to win

I usually say to whoevers next to me "good goal" if that case that's it

Och, I can't be bothered reading the whole thread. I've only read the first page, but I see where it's going. If no ones pointed this out yet, well here it is. Going by the OP's logic, we shouldn't sign and cheer when we play well either then, which we did in shovels full during yesterdays first half.

Folk are entitled to their opinions, especially at football matches. Maybe the OP should apply for a job with the Scottish government to control football crowds?

I applauded their goal due to its quality, even if our defenders backed off.

Some the abuse of our players is worse than bheast-like.

Anyone who boo'ed our boys off at FT should go and find something else to do on a Saturday, as that kind of support is garbage and smacks of people who had it too good over the years and forget that it is uniting and fighting through the bad times that has defined who we are as supporters of this great club.

Alternately you seem easily pleased.

Reduced to clinging on at home against part timers and there's more positives than negatives?

hang about mate: we have to put things into context here, it's not 2003 any more and lets be honest, given everything the club has been through, it's a whole different ball game now.

and that is not making excuses, that is stating facts.

hang about mate: we have to put things into context here, it's not 2003 any more and lets be honest, given everything the club has been through, it's a whole different ball game now.

and that is not making excuses, that is stating facts.

I don't buy that, we still have resources that dwarf our opposition, obviously this is a far cry from our title winning squads but we're now playing teams that don't even have full time footballers and we don't have celtic to deal with. What we've been through should not stop us winning (yes I know we are) and playing some good entertaining football, not at the level we're currently at anyway

It is encouraging that as I hear the other fans moaning as we leave the stadium at full time, I know most of them will be back the next time. A resilient hard core. And next season will be much better with the competition and bigger away supports. Even though the last few games have been dire, I look forward to Friday - expect better.

Bottom line, we have the 2nd highest wage bill in the country BUT can anyone honestly say we have anywhere near the 2nd best team to show for it?

On top of that the current squad has next to no potential sell on value, the lack of interest in any of our players during the recently closed transfer window is a damning verdict on the quality of the current squad.

The 'spunking' of cash on ex-SPL journeyman, who are raking in the dosh is sickening too imho.

Why is Lewis Macleod being played on the left, to accomodate Law/Black in the middle?

Why was Andy Mitchell released, Kyle McAusland loaned out and Richard Foster signed, BUT then we end up playing a French CD at RB, when he isn't playing the holding midfield role?

How much are we paying Steve Simonsen to sit on the bench, could one of the many young keepers on the books have done that?

Why is a guy (Nicky Clark) who scored 40+ goals in this division last season not starting ever y week and why are we not building an exciting young team around him?

Why couldn't Kane Hemmings get a game for us BUT is banging in the goals in the league above us for Cowdenbeath?

The list of questions about the team/coaching/management etc is almost endless and 'booing' them off the park should be the least of their worries.

Quite frankly, we are pish and boring as fuck to watch and the imposters in blue jerseys should be ashamed and embaressed to pick up their wad most weeks.

Bottom line, we have the 2nd highest wage bill in the country BUT can anyone honestly say we have anywhere near the 2nd best team to show for it?

On top of that the current squad has next to no potential sell on value, the lack of interest in any of our players during the recently closed transfer window is a damning verdict on the quality of the current squad.

The 'spunking' of cash on ex-SPL journeyman, who are raking in the dosh is sickening too imho.

Why is Lewis Macleod being played on the left, to accomodate Law/Black in the middle?

Why was Andy Mitchell released, Kyle McAusland loaned out and Richard Foster signed, BUT then we end up playing a French CD at RB, when he isn't playing the holding midfield role?

How much are we paying Steve Simonsen to sit on the bench, could one of the many young keepers on the books have done that?

Why is a guy (Nicky Clark) who scored 40+ goals in this division last season not starting ever y week and why are we not building an exciting young team around him?

Why couldn't Kane Hemmings get a game for us BUT is banging in the goals in the league above us for Cowdenbeath?

The list of questions about the team/coaching/management etc is almost endless and 'booing' them off the park should be the least of their worries.

Quite frankly, we are pish and boring as fuck to watch and the imposters in blue jerseys should be ashamed and embaressed to pick up their wad most weeks.

But, but, but, we are top of the league and haven't lost a game. Then players are allnplayung below par because they couldn't handle the pressure of playing for rangers, Kane hamming was given a run out of 2 consecutive games and done nothing.

I totally agree with you.

But, but, but, we are top of the league and haven't lost a game. Then players are allnplayung below par because they couldn't handle the pressure of playing for rangers, Kane hamming was given a run out of 2 consecutive games and done nothing.

I totally agree with you.

I forgot to add that without exception EVERY single SPL journeyman we have signed gradually gets worse the longer he is at the club!!

Templeton, scores at Anfield, signs for us, scores on debut for us...one year on he's on the bench and our most promosing young central midfielder is playing on the left!!!!

Law, started off this season superbly BUT surprise, surprise seems to have 'lost something' the past few weeks/games.....

Nicky Clark, see previous post above.....

The list is endless, has anyone we signed actually improved and become a better player since arriving at Ibrox?

I'm honestly sick of some of our supporters. Instead of getting behind the team and showing there support they are constantly shouting abuse at the players and management.

Today I witnessed our supporters clapping the Brechin goal and then later booing Rangers players and shouting abuse at McCoist when he made the substitution. A similar incident happened last season when we lost to Annan. There were folk who booed Rangers off the park then later clapped Annan off.

Shit like this has to stop. Like it or not we are where we are and whether you agree with it or not Ally is our manager and will be there for the long run so lets get behind the team and managment and show why we are the best supporters in the land.

The reason is simple - they are part timers giving 110% , fighting for everything, where as our players are on thousands per week and some look like they cant be bothered and would rather be elsewhere (black and daly)

I pay for my season ticket and will boo and cheer who I want thanks.

They could express it by not going...

I didn't applaud Brechin's goal nor did I boo the team at the final whistle....I was long gone by then.

By time up I was well on my way home via the M74.

There's only so much anguish and frustration I can take on a Saturday afternoon these days.

Depression is setting in even thinking about that second half again. :(

What a stupid reply

Stupid, typical and not unexpected response from someone who is not alone in his misguided belief that the current team/squad/coaching and management isn't a total feckin shambles who all need a whole lot more than 'booing' to burst their wee cosy bubble.

If a team plays poorly then they deserved to be boo'd, if they can play in front of 50, 000 cheering fans then they should be capable of handling a few hundred booing, bad performances deserve criticism as much as good deserve praise. I agree constant booing can do harm but some can be constructive, if I get sick off my boss shouting at me then I get my act together and so should our team. And theres nothing wrong with booing a goos goal from the opposition when its deserved.

Good post