Derry City Example - Uefa Stance

This is where I get confused because despite being told by others that they've read it, as far as I can see that's what the rule (rather than the exemption) asks for, that we have a continued membership for at least 3 years (which we surely do) and an existing relationship with the FA, there doesn't seem to be mention of this 3 years of audited accounts rule. To me under the rules we could even have been eligible last season.

Think we needed 1 years accounts minimum, plus I'm sure that the sfa will have been duty bound to alert uefa that we had lost our licence for a spell and there was no certainty that we would be playing. Could not expect to get in Europe last year to be fair.

The rule regarding a playing licence does state that a team requires 3 years of accounts. However, we want to get an exemption to that rule.

The process is that we present our accounts plus our application to the SFA. After the SFA's favourable consideration, they then apply to UEFA on our behalf. UEFA then considers the application and decides one way or another.

Now there are two good reasons for starting the process NOW,

a) we have to gain the exemption in the season before we wish to participate in the UEFA tournament*,

b) we will force the SFA into supporting us or giving us one of Regan's famous excuses.

If the SFA refuse to assist us, this will be just another documented case of their detrimental behaviour towards us should we ever wish to go over their heads and complain directly to UEFA. Not every organization out there is against us.

We never lost our SFA licence, it was transferred to the new holding company. We need to apply to UEFA for an exemption because we can circumvent the rule on sporting merit, i.e. we have won the SC.

* If we fail to win the SC then UEFA would just drop our application, since we no longer have the status of applying on 'sporting merit'.

Oh, and for the record.

Derry City, who were liquidated, and knocked back by Uefa for the 3 year rule, have a lesser claim to be the same club than we do.

Uefa website clearly states that their history is maintained and they are a continuation, adding to their history.

Not saying anything we don't already know, but is good to have other examples.

True. Again for the record, all this talk of licenses and liquidations has always been irrelevant to me anyway. The club is the people and for me it can only be destroyed if those people stop following that club. That, for me, is the only reason Leeds, Middlesboroogh, Fiorentina, Rangers, Derry City and whoever else are the same club. The talk of liquidation as an end of a club doesn't really understand what a club is.

True. Again for the record, all this talk of licenses and liquidations has always been irrelevant to me anyway. The club is the people and for me it can only be destroyed if those people stop following that club. That, for me, is the only reason Leeds, Middlesboroogh, Fiorentina, Rangers, Derry City and whoever else are the same club. The talk of liquidation as an end of a club doesn't really understand what a club is.

All these people saying we shouldn't ask the SFA to nominate us are being a bit off the point. Whilst im no fan of the sfa, it would be like cutting off our nose to spite our face. It may also be a decent boost financially or not. Whilst i think nothing will come of it. I hope to eff im wrong.

We haven't won it yet lads.

yeah good point, i'm not going to get too carried away until we are at least into the semi finals (tu)

everyones excited now and talking about cup finals and europe, but if we go out to the wee rovers it will all be "ally out!" etc all over again

who'd be a manager? football fans are more moody, manic and bipolar than menopausal women :7325:

All these people saying we shouldn't ask the SFA to nominate us are being a bit off the point. Whilst im no fan of the sfa, it would be like cutting off our nose to spite our face. It may also be a decent boost financially or not. Whilst i think nothing will come of it. I hope to eff im wrong.

I'd certainly give it a punt.

Spot on.

yeah good point, i'm not going to get too carried away until we are at least into the semi finals (tu)

everyones excited now and talking about cup finals and europe, but if we go out to the wee rovers it will all be "ally out!" etc all over again

who'd be a manager? football fans are more moody, manic and bipolar than menopausal women :7325:

Seeing as there seems to be a lot of hypotheticals flying around.....

What if...... we get to the final and lose it to Aberdeen but Aberdeen come second in the league?????

Would the cup runners up not normally get a Euro spot in that circumstance too?

The process is that we present our accounts plus our application to the SFA. After the SFA's favourable consideration, they then apply to UEFA on our behalf.

Even IF we win the cup, there is more chance of the GCC inviting us to parade the cup around Glasgow on an open-deck bus, followed by a reception at City Chambers than there is of Rangers getting ANY favourable consideration from the SFA.

If we did win the cup, the sfa would, surely, have to put our case forward, whether they do it with great gusto, or just go through the motions, is another thing entirely.

This, I think they will make the application as we would be cup winners (should it happen as we are recoignised as the same club) but I cannot see the f*ckers busting a gut to get us in. They seem to be understanding now how much they have underestimated us and they will be reluctant to make an overt measure to block us from Europe should we become the SC winners.

Still a long way to go though.

EDIT: On the plus side, regardless of what happens the scum are not winning it this year :pipe:

it would be great, although I doubt we'd get past the first preliminary round of qualifying :lol:

plus, there's more chance of Samaras belting out the Sash on Saturday night than the SFA backing us

I'm quite certain if we win we will see the SFA announce they are going to help Rangers in every way as they are there to support member clubs. Regan will be giving interviews everywhere promising to do all they can to help and how this dispels the myth they are against us.

They know UEFA will knock it back anyway.

Whilst it would be great from a fans POV, I doubt we would make much anyway.

But it would be worth it for the timplosion. :lol:

Iv not had time but we need to check the SFA rules also in case they don't have the exemption.

I think it's right that us fans are talking and getting excited about this but I think there is more than enough time in May for the club to put us forward in the event that we win the SC.

Iv not had time but we need to check the SFA rules also in case they don't have the exemption.

I think it's right that us fans are talking and getting excited about this but I think there is more than enough time in May for the club to put us forward in the event that we win the SC.

It's got nothing to do with SFA rules, other than they have already decided than the SC winner will represent Scotland in the EL. All they do as licensor is forward the application to UEFA. We are applying for an exemption of UEFA's three year account rule, but using the sporting merit status of having won our Association's cup.

We should be applying now while we are still in season 2013/2014 to be granted the exemption for season 2014/2015; that is part of UEFA's rules. You must apply in the season before you wish to participate. If we don't win the cup then UEFA just drops the application.

It's got nothing to do with SFA rules, other than they have already decided than the SC winner will represent Scotland in the EL. All they do as licensor is forward the application to UEFA. We are applying for an exemption of UEFA's three year account rule, but using the sporting merit status of having won our Association's cup.

We should be applying now while we are still in season 2013/2014 to be granted the exemption for season 2014/2015; that is part of UEFA's rules. You must apply in the season before you wish to participate. If we don't win the cup then UEFA just drops the application.

I know all about the Uefa rules as I was writing about them on here 12 months ago but all I'm saying is that the sfa or even the spfl rules would be worth a browse.

I would also imaging that May is adequate to be put forward for any club.

I know all about the Uefa rules as I was writing about them on here 12 months ago but all I'm saying is that the sfa or even the spfl rules would be worth a browse.

I would also imaging that May is adequate to be put forward for any club.

Think it's an April cut off mate.