Albion Rovers manager: we'll win the replay

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen the Sky sports interview and what he said was he genuinely believed he could beat us, he never said "we're going to beat them". So aye, it is misleading.

he said "we're going to beat them" on radio scotland.

his team was organised and knew their jobs our team looked as if they had just been introduced to each other 5 minutes before the game

And yet when I made a thread praising the tactical knowledge of lower division managers and how tight a defensive set up was to break down some disagreed.

Mccoist should take a leaf out of this guys book (a man earning less than 0.5% of our illustrious managers wage). He is showing us no respect and quite rightly to! He is giving his players belief and motivation, two things sadly lacking from our players!

Mccoist should take a leaf out of this guys book (a man earning less than 0.5% of our illustrious managers wage). He is showing us no respect and quite rightly to! He is giving his players belief and motivation, two things sadly lacking from our players!

Some people have class though

Some people have class though

:lol: well if you want to call it class that's fair enough but I think most would disagree. Even if it is, what good is class if you continue to say the same things but never learn or progress? To me that's incompetence!

:lol: well if you want to call it class that's fair enough but I think most would disagree. Even if it is, what good is class if you continue to say the same things but never learn or progress? To me that's incompetence!

I'd go further and say he is a bull shitter and deluded.we'll destroy them in the replay

I'd go further and say he is a bull shitter and deluded.we'll destroy them in the replay

Your missing the point! I agree we will win the replay but you claimed its a lack of class their manager claiming they can win! He is giving his players belief and confidence something all good managers should do!

Your missing the point! I agree we will win the replay but you claimed its a lack of class their manager claiming they can win! He is giving his players belief and confidence something all good managers should do!

So agreeing with me that we'll destroy them, you think it's wise for their manager to be instilling belief to go out and play? He'll look a mug in the dressing room and in the papers.

Do your talking on the park. People slate McCoist for what he says in the media but he is right in his approach, otherwise it will just be spun against us. What he says in the dressing room will be quite different.

I am maybe out of order here but from what I have seen of this guy ( and I did hold this belief before the game) he's comes across to me as an absolute tit. Don't really care about the " well beat them in the replay" bluff as that's nothing. He's comes across to me like the David Brent of football management. Seen his interviews for previous rounds and thought eh, who. Then I heard chic young say he's "an impressive man" before the game. If that's an impressive man am not wanting to be part of this world.

Maybe I am being blinkered or biased but a thought they were possibly the worst team I have ever seen play at ibrox and I know what does that say about us.

Anyway glad I got that out.

They wont win the replay - the barely had a shot at goal (did Bell have one save to make in the entire match?) and will feel more adventurous at home which should help us.

I also believe that a lot of our players dont like playing at Ibrox - i think the crowd has them cowed somewhat when things are not going great. An away tie will suit them.

Its sad that we have small time players putting on a big time jersey, but we do.

So agreeing with me that we'll destroy them, you think it's wise for their manager to be instilling belief to go out and play? He'll look a mug in the dressing room and in the papers.

Do your talking on the park. People slate McCoist for what he says in the media but he is right in his approach, otherwise it will just be spun against us. What he says in the dressing room will be quite different.

Look a mug? He is a full time care worker who works with Albion rovers part time.....I'd like to fucking hope we could make him look like a mug!

He said yesterday:

"If we're organised enough, we can dictate where they play."

It is criminal that our manager is so predicatble in his tactics that any opposition manager can come out and say that so publicly.

He said yesterday:

"If we're organised enough, we can dictate where they play."

It is criminal that our manager is so predicatble in his tactics that any opposition manager can come out and day that so publicly.

It also maybe shows that Ally isn't the only one that can talk pish after a match.

''"I've told you before the game and I'll tell you again - we're going to beat them,"

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/26507120

Forget Dundee United,If there is another game we win this season I want to win the replay and take the arrogant, smug smile off of the face of their manager.

I applaud him though for what he is saying and doing. He has every right to think his team will win and who can blame him.

After all he isn't up against anything special is he?

I'll tell you now they are going to set up exactly the same way as yesterday's game. We will be lucky to score one goal and you could never ever rule out them scoring. Drop Daly and get Little and Shiels up front that way the midfield and full backs can't cop out and fling a high ball in all the time.

I've said it many times before, what a manager says to his players and the press are two completely different things. If people actually think they're seeing into part of McCoists team talk by listening to what he says after the match they are truly deluded. But hey, just another instrument to shoot Ally down huh?