Albion Rovers manager: we'll win the replay

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't disagree with the guy thinking they are going to win because lets face it we are lucky to have a replay they deserved the win.

Why they had so few chances and we dictated the play lets not make him kid on they outplayed us.

We will win by three or four in the replay if we take our chances we would have done so yesterday as well if we were more clinical infront of goal.

So agreeing with me that we'll destroy them, you think it's wise for their manager to be instilling belief to go out and play? He'll look a mug in the dressing room and in the papers.

Do your talking on the park. People slate McCoist for what he says in the media but he is right in his approach, otherwise it will just be spun against us. What he says in the dressing room will be quite different.

The guys enjoying his moment in the sun, he probably knows we surely to god wont play that bad again but no harm in getting the most out of the feel good factor. Albion by all accounts were not great and very defensive but they did their job which was not to lose. We needed to win and win well and we spectacularly failed in our job.

his team was organised and knew their jobs our team looked as if they had just been introduced to each other 5 minutes before the game

I thought his team looked pretty poor to be honest, they did nothing for most of the game and got a lucky early goal which makes it all the worse that we couldn't beat them.

The guys enjoying his moment in the sun, he probably knows we surely to god wont play that bad again but no harm in getting the most out of the feel good factor. Albion by all accounts were not great and very defensive but they did their job which was not to lose. We needed to win and win well and we spectacularly failed in our job.

Yeah mate I don't see us playing that badly in the replay, I think we will win by a few goals. The performance yesterday though ruined any chance we had to send out a strong clear message to our potential semi-final opponents.

That wee cunt is trying to instill some self belief which I can understand, but I really hope we can trash them in the replay and regain a bit of credibility

I thought his team looked pretty poor to be honest, they did nothing for most of the game and got a lucky early goal which makes it all the worse that we couldn't beat them.

I think they have played some of the poorest football i've seen this season and other teams have performed a lot better and left with nothing, still disappointed in the way we played which is never good enough.

they were terrible.. Thats why so many people are unhappy - we scrambled a draw at home against utter pish

It's called man management and good motivation for his players.

If you constantly tell the players and the world you are facing a tough game then it will be tough. If however you adopt the Fergie mantra and ALWAYS tell the world you expect your players to deliver then more often than not they will.

And you can't say one thing in public then tell the players another thing in the dressing room.

Look at Mourinho. His biggest weapon is his unshakeable belief in himself and that permeates down to his players. He instills a will to win and a confidence that you just cannot buy.

I don't see any of that in McCoist. Standing motionless for large parts of the game yesterday tells his players and the world he is not sure what to say or do. He didn't even look angry just motionless.

Players need to fear/respect their manager in order to get 100% from them. If they know they are playing next week regardless then why should they burst a gut?

That statement will make Ally go five at the back with two sitting midfield players.

If he brings Smith back in wide left that for me will be proof he is running scared.

And he already plays with two sitting midfielders if you look at Black and Law's performance on Sunday.

He could of course completely out fox his managerial opponent and drop Daly,Law and McCulloch.

He could play Shiels, Little and Templeton up top.

He could play Crawford in behind our main striker and insist we play the ball on the ground and at pace.

He could.......but i doubt it.

I fully expect to see more or less the same team as yesterday with possibly the one change. Either Aird or Shiels dropped to accomodate a more "solid" defensive unit.

Good management, my biggest disappointment today was they are a small team playing one of the biggest teams in the world at their own stadium and they had the confidence not to be intimidated. Their manager did a great job today. Their commitment was immense.

The difference a good manager makes.