Candidates For Manager

JamieG54

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could ask you the same thing re is that the barometer now. An average job at Falkirk and some half decent football at Coventry is enough to get the Rangers job?

If you can sell Pressley as a potential Rangers manager then go for it but until then I'm more inclined to believe the popular opinion of fans of a club who watched his sides every week for three years and weren't impressed at all.

Just depends, he may just have been so limited at Falkirk thats all he could do with them, could be different at us just depends

and he got sacked .

Have you watched any of his interviews , the guy is as clueless as McCoist .

I didn't say he was anywhere near my first choice.

I meant he had a team with a fraction of the resources available to McCoist playing better football in the same standard of league.

I doubt he could do worse than the man already in the seat

My realistic first choice would be Billy Davies or Derek McInnes.

However, I believe we need to look abroad for our management and coaching team. The whole club needs overhauled. If we give McCoist money to spend on players I honestly think I'll chuck it, the guy is fucking clueless.

I don't get the hate for McCall here, especislly that fucking mental comment that he shites it against the taigs - he's beat them twice in the last year ffs!

Done wonders on a shoestring at Motherwell and bleeds Rangers. Would happily take the job too, not sure McInnes although he's a bear would leave the sheep given the current situation of both teams.

We need to determine what our goals are ,ie:

How soon to win titles

How big a budget we have

What our footballing ethos will be

How we make an introduced scouting network work

How we develop and bring through youth to first team

How we have consistency in approach from kids to first team.

We then open up to applicants and see who fits best with what we can both offer and demand to / from a new manager.

I don't get the hate for McCall here, especislly that fucking mental comment that he shites it against the taigs - he's beat them twice in the last year ffs!

Done wonders on a shoestring at Motherwell and bleeds Rangers. Would happily take the job too, not sure McInnes although he's a bear would leave the sheep given the current situation of both teams.

Has lost key players every Summer for the last three seasons but has still had them up there as best of the rest too.

Mcinnes just signed a bumper deal with the sheep. He is essentially now more costly than any of their players. He is a non starter for us.

McCall would be my choice.. cheap and knows how to play decent football.

I know it might make for boring press conferences too but Steven Pressley has done great work at both Falkirk and Coventry bringing through good players.

Michael Laudrup is a realistic shout. Does anyone really think that we are not a bigger club than Swansea?

We aren't playing in a multi-million pound league against Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City and the likes...