every one in the box at corners

bluebear24

Just watching spurs v benfica. And I have just witnessed benfica using the same tactic that ally seems to use. Is this more of a common thing than it first appeared? Just thought it was interesting seeing another team work like this

It's the wrong tactics for us

Exactly. At this level the teams we are playing will rarely cut us open so to give them an opportunity top in us back and load the box at set pieces is just stupid....even here Benfica look like conceding from a corner!

Exactly. At this level the teams we are playing will rarely cut us open so to give them an opportunity top in us back and load the box at set pieces is just stupid....even here Benfica look like conceding from a corner!

We still look uncomfortable at corners much of the time even with everyone back

Gotta agree;for the life of me i just cannot see the benefit to be obtained from thisThere is just no out ball,and you would be surprised at the miniscule percentage when goals are scored from corners.

There are more teams using this so must have its advantages,i just cannot see them.?

Just watching spurs v benfica. And I have just witnessed benfica using the same tactic that ally seems to use. Is this more of a common thing than it first appeared? Just thought it was interesting seeing another team work like this

Quite a few teams in the EPL utilise this tactic as well

Its a rubbish ploy, even when our defender wins the ball heading clear its straight to the feet of the opposition, better teams would make it count, Templeton for instance wont be winning many clearing headers, fuckin stupid.

I think it is quite common.I watch Cardiff regularly and they always pull everyone back,as do most teams i ve seen them against.Dont understand it myself,I ve seen teams like Barcelona and Madrid leave 2 up regularly,means the opposition will leave at least 3 back

seems basic football that if you put 11 in the box it leaves the opposition free to put their tall backs up for corners,plus no out-ball or chance of quick counter.

Puzzled by the fact that Ally began leaving 1 up-field at defensive corners.Maybe the penny has finally dropped.