Ally wants Weiss?

Maybe this is what Sebo and Weiss were trying to hint at on Twitter the other day? Would love it to happen but people would be pissed of as Aird (one of our younger players who came through the ranks) might have to sit on the bench. :pipe:

I'd prefer Aird to sit on the bench after today's performance.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I meant young defender and Stuart Armstrong. I feel if we get rid of the likes of Hutton and other dead wood, we should look to bring in a partner in midfield for Macleod with a view to the longer term. Ian Black doesn't offer this, and I think Law is more effective in a more attacking role.

Throughout Ally's first season in the SPL, we played a 4-2-3-1 formation, if we were to play this again, it would allow Law, Macleod and god willing Armstrong to play, with Wiess and Templeton on the wings. (tu)

Think that 's a bit unfair on Black, Hutton and Peralta to be honest lol, Black has vastly improved with a proper pre-season under him, I think this is Peralta's first season with us and he is played out of position a lot and a lot of players can take at least a season to settle at a new club, anyway he might be leaving as he is home sick so not really an issue.

I also think people are unfair towards Hutton, he has had a few injuries in the past which hasn't helped his development but when he came on today what I could see was a player who was actually passing it pretty well, better than a few other players, and keeping it simple looked good in the middle of the park.

If we could bring in a capable, young defender, Stuart Armstrong from Scumdee and Weiss, then we would walk the championship next season.

You are talking a million at least for Armstrong and god knows how much for Weiss who I believe is on a long term contract. Both are good players but in no way are they needed for the championship. Clearly silly season right now.

We cannot afford these players and we do not need these players next season.

Think that 's a bit unfair on Black, Hutton and Peralta to be honest lol, Black has vastly improved with a proper pre-season under him, I think this is Peralta's first season with us and he is played out of position a lot and a lot of players can take at least a season to settle at a new club, anyway he might be leaving as he is home sick so not really an issue.

I also think people are unfair towards Hutton, he has had a few injuries in the past which hasn't helped his development but when he came on today what I could see was a player who was actually passing it pretty well, better than a few other players, and keeping it simple looked good in the middle of the park.

I understand Hutton's contract expires at the end of the season, and despite his brief appearances in the Champions League, he's been poor throughout his Rangers career. He's 23 now and without regular first team game time, (which isn't going to be forthcoming at Rangers), he's only going to regress. So I think it would be beneficial for both parties if he were to move on.

With regards to Ian Black...what can I say...on his day he can be brilliant, but he'll be 31 once we're back in the SPL, not to mention his treatment of the fans and his betting scandal. He'll also be on a fat wage which we cannot afford to waste on an aging man who's got no desire to play for the badge and has a total disregard for the interests of the fans. Armstrong would be a healthier alternative.

Lastly Peralta, he's been rank this season and has shown no signs of improvement. His only good performance came against Newcastle in a friendly and has apparently been discussing alternatives to Rangers already this season. Another guy likely to be on a bloated wage who's not going to dig in in a promotion battle. Although I hope he proves me wrong, he could be a useful backup.

You are talking a million at least for Armstrong and god knows how much for Weiss who I believe is on a long term contract. Both are good players but in no way are they needed for the championship. Clearly silly season right now.

We cannot afford these players and we do not need these players next season.

We need to start thinking about building a team for the next 4-5 years, not just next season, and such an undertaking will require investment.

Through revenue streams such as sponsorship and season ticket money, along with probable investment. (If we are to believe Wallace, the latter will be forthcoming).

Yeah because our last investment allowed us to spend millions on players? Either you are presuming the investment will be greater than last time (it won't), should we get any investment at all or the revenues in the championship are significantly greater (they aren't)

Our revenue is used to sustain wages and cover costs... Either way if u think we will be spending 4-5 million (minimum) on Armstrong and Weiss, plus wages I think u need to reexamine our current position.

Yeah because our last investment allowed us to spend millions on players? Either you are presuming the investment will be greater than last time (it won't), should we get any investment at all or the revenues in the championship are significantly greater (they aren't)

Our revenue is used to sustain wages and cover costs... Either way if u think we will be spending 4-5 million (minimum) on Armstrong and Weiss, plus wages I think u need to reexamine our current position.

I don't think that the signing of Armstrong and Weiss will cost us £4-5 million.

I would also add that only 30% of our revenue is spent on the playing staff. (That includes wages) If Wallace can sort this, then there will hopefully be room in the overall budget to strengthen.

Season ticket sales alone will bring in around £8m, if a quarter of that is spent on playing staff, coupled with new sponsorhip, we should have enough to bring in a few quality players.

I don't think that the signing of Armstrong and Weiss will cost us £4-5 million.

I would also add that only 30% of our revenue is spent on the playing staff. (That includes wages) If Wallace can sort this, then there will hopefully be room in the overall budget to strengthen.

Season ticket sales alone will bring in around £8m, if a quarter of that is spent on playing staff, coupled with new sponsorhip, we should have enough to bring in a few quality players.

30% of the revenue is spent on the first team squad of what about 25 players, then there is about 30 other player on the books plus all the staff involved in the footballing side takes it up about 11million.

Then you have the running costs of ibrox and auchenhowie with all the other staff on top, do you think this is free, plus we won't secure big sponsorship till we are established in the top division, till then we will be earning peanuts

30% of the revenue is spent on the first team squad of what about 25 players, then there is about 30 other player on the books plus all the staff involved in the footballing side takes it up about 11million

I highly doubt the wages of youth players and the backroom staff, (of which there are only 7-8 staff members) totals £11m

I highly doubt the wages of youth players and the backroom staff, (of which there are only 7-8 staff members) totals £11m

Look up the accounts for last year and look at all footballing staff including the players, there is something like 54 players on the books, plus there will be a lot more than just 8 footballing staff

Look up the accounts for last year and look at all footballing staff including the players, there is something like 54 players on the books, plus there will be a lot more than just 8 footballing staff

Can't be arsed, although I stand by my point that we should be able to afford Armstrong and Weiss. :lol:

Can't be arsed, although I stand by my point that we should be able to afford Armstrong and Weiss. :lol:

Lol how much do u think a player who spent this season playing for a champions league team, the year before in la serie a, the year before la liga and one of the best midfielders in the spl who plays for a team with a chairman who will not sell to us on the cheap and is still young would cost? Lol not forgetting we now owe 1.5 million already?

We cannot afford players like that. Armstrong maybe when we are back in the spl.. Weiss when we have qualified for Europe. Next season should be youths and free transfers only... Unless we are presented with an absolute bargain somewhere somehow...

Lol how much do u think a player who spent this season playing for a champions league team, the year before in la serie a, the year before la liga and one of the best midfielders in the spl who plays for a team with a chairman who will not sell to us on the cheap and is still young would cost? Lol not forgetting we now owe 1.5 million already?

We cannot afford players like that. Armstrong maybe when we are back in the spl.. Weiss when we have qualified for Europe. Next season should be youths and free transfers only... Unless we are presented with an absolute bargain somewhere somehow...

We got Cribari for free :lol: