How much will Ally have to spend next season?

Robespierre

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way... The answer to the question really is whatever Wallace decides he should have. For me I do hope it's freshened up a bit, but on a one in, one out basis and no transfer fees...

Our experienced players and high earners are

Bell- keep

Simonsen- seems a lovely guy and a good gk but he should go

Foster- go

Faure - not fussed, probably go.

Cribari - go

Perry - go

Moshni - keep

Jig- keep... Due to what he has given us... I'd like to see him stay on til we are in the premiership... Deserves to lead us back there

Wallace - keep

Smith - if on reasonable wages keep

Peralta - go

Templeton - keep

Black - keep

Law - keep

Shiels - probably go... Great on his day but doesn't do it enough

Hutton - (including him as he's been around forever) don't mind, maybe keep if on a cheap 1 year deal, looked promising in pre season... Then got injured... Would be very very last chance saloon though.

Little - see above

Daly - he's gonna stay... Hate the style of play we have with him up top though.

So in my eyes that's up to 7 players we could bring in.. Hopefully peralta goes and has a blinding World Cup.... And we can start posting that free kick against Dundee on here... And we sell him for a high price... Wishful thinking

There you go jumping to extremes again

Did you not read a word I said? This is nothing new I suppose

If we have more than enough to see us up again next year then why spend money improving when it's not essential and we will need all the funds we can for the year after?

Bayern Munich at present, and Barcelona in recent years have squads good enough to win European Champion's leagues, way ahead of the opposition, yet they still seek constant improvement, as did the great Real Madrid teams of the 60s.

In fact, no matter how good their squad every team will look to improve their squad year after year.

Why do you think we should be the exception and stand still for the next year or so.

Jumping to extremes, no, just common sense.

We've spent too much money in these lower leagues already sadly

Money spent towards bigger ambitions ? If we had not spent that money over last two seasons would we have an squad who had played together strong enough for the next season's league ?

Bayern Munich at present, and Barcelona in recent years have squads good enough to win European Champion's leagues, way ahead of the opposition, yet they still seek constant improvement, as did the great Real Madrid teams of the 60s.

In fact, no matter how good their squad every team will look to improve their squad year after year.

Why do you think we should be the exception and stand still for the next year or so.

Your not really getting it are you?

Ok give Ally a war chest

Some people

But this is a unique situation one any club in the world or in history has never found themselfs in

Other big teams have been demoted to lower leagues, Juventus, Fiorentina being just two examples, off the top of my head.

Many teams have had financial restrictions, embargoes, large fines, even points deductions.

If I had time to search around I'm sure there are many more throughout "the world or in history"

They haven't done all that over a 3 or 4 year period of rebuilding, from the boardroom to the changing room though.

I agree with your sentiment that we should always be looking to improve, but is improvement a necessity for next season when the cost could hamper our ability to hit the ground running in season 2015/16?

Your not really getting it are you?

Ok give Ally a war chest

Some people

If that money is invested, or available on a correct business founding then I would be happy, and if that kind of investment was forthcoming it is possible that there would also be changes to the management structure..

Is your personal dislike for Ally getting in the way of what is best for Rangers, i.e more investment and team building to reach a point we have a team which is capable of competing at the higher end of the SPL and possibly Europe by end of next season and can hit the ground running in 17 months time. We cant sleepwalk next season just because you think the current squad is already good enough to win the first division. We need constant improvement.

They haven't done all that over a 3 or 4 year period of rebuilding, from the boardroom to the changing room though.

I agree with your sentiment that we should always be looking to improve, but is improvement a necessity for next season when the cost could hamper our ability to hit the ground running in season 2015/16?

Has the cost of the squads of this and last season hampered our ability to hit the ground running this season and next ?

We do need to bring in a couple of players, but i would seriously think twice about allowing Ally to have the cash. lets not forget another harsh reality and that is the split among the support and the threats to with hold ST money from a section of our support. If this materializes then we will be reducing player quality not improving on it.

So..... We don't need to spend money next season to get us back to the top and should save whatever we have for top flight?

It's like fking Groundhog Day now - we might not need to but if we can we should to get the players bedded in

So..... We don't need to spend money next season to get us back to the top and should save whatever we have for top flight?

We need to improve our current squad over the next 12 months or so in order to have a squad and experienced team who will hit the ground running if we reach the SPL next year. That will require money over the next 12 months.

Would be very shortsighted to use a nest egg to spend money on an unproven squad for our first foray in to the SPL. Possibly suicidal in fact. We will need experienced player who have already gelled at that level, or we will be ripped apart in the first few games.

Just imagine we had waited a few years till we got in to SPL to spend money on experienced proven top flight scorers like Kyle or Sandanza, or experienced international players like Cribari and Peralta.

It is so important to invest this year rather than wait till we are about to enter the SPL, no matter how big the "nest egg".

I'm willing to bet most will be free transfers/out of contract players.

Think that is a certainty too, and i think most clubs would over-inflate the fee, or try and stitch us up on a transfer fee.

Would not surprise me if most of those players coming in for next season, and possibly the year after, already know, (allegedly ;) )

Think that is a certainty too, and i think most clubs would over-inflate the fee, or try and stitch us up on a transfer fee.

Would not surprise me if most of those players coming in for next season, and possibly the year after, already know, (allegedly ;) )

One in particular I know for a fact thinks he's coming back.