How much will Ally have to spend next season?

Robespierre

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like fking Groundhog Day now - we might not need to but if we can we should to get the players bedded in

Don't be ridiculous - None of the really good players we need to buy when we get back to top flight (ie guys like Mendes, Miller, Davis, Bougherra, Cuellar mould that cost 2-3 million each) would come to us in the second tier and be able to afford them as things stand

Do you think a years worth of paying 2 or 3 or maybe 4 if we are lucky £15k a week for example, just to give them a wee bedding in period is a luxury we have?

I think we are looking at 3/4 quality additions, probably frees but if possible their contracts should be structured in such away that the big money only comes into play in the top league, as if we don;t get promoted then these upgrades don;t happen IMO

Don't be ridiculous - None of the really good players we need to buy when we get back to top flight (ie guys like Mendes, Miller, Davis, Bougherra, Cuellar mould that cost 2-3 million each) would come to us in the second tier and be able to afford them as things stand

Do you think a years worth of paying 2 or 3 or maybe 4 if we are lucky £15k a week for example, just to give them a wee bedding in period is a luxury we have?

Transfer fees meaningless unless you factor in wages too, which puts all the above names out of the equation if there is a substantial transfer fee. (Did you check how many of above are out of contract or free agents i.e. no transfer fee ?)

We wont buy anyone even close to the million quid mark or above. However over the next year I would hope we could budget 3-4 million against income to pay wages for 4-5 players coming in out of contract,or on free transfers and also save at least a million by losing a few of the current squad.

Transfer fees meaningless unless you factor in wages too, which puts all the above names out of the equation if there is a substantial transfer fee. (Did you check how many of above are out of contract or free agents i.e. no transfer fee ?)

We wont buy anyone even close to the million quid mark or above. However over the next year I would hope we could budget 3-4 million against income to pay wages for 4-5 players coming in out of contract,or on free transfers and also save at least a million by losing a few of the current squad.

I did factor in wages - I mentioned it in the same post

It's those calibre of players we need to win the title back and with a fresh share issue we can get them bought

If not then it renders this debate meaningless as we might aswell bring in no one full stop as we won win the big title back

The thing about transfer fees I've learned since things all fucked up is that you don't need the entire transfer fee up front to buy a player. Looking at Jelavic (both transfers in and out) and Lee Wallace it shows that transfer fees can be paid in installments so we wont need a warchest up front for Ally to splash cash on players coming in with a fee attached.

I did factor in wages - I mentioned it in the same post

It's those calibre of players we need to win the title back and with a fresh share issue we can get them bought

If not then it renders this debate meaningless as we might aswell bring in no one full stop as we won win the big title back

If you factored that in then you would realise the players you mentioned incorrectly as £2-3 million each would then be just under £3-4 million each, That's at least £12 million for 4 players, which would be a ridiculous supposition in our current position.

You have posted often that you think we have the calibre of players we require already. Why do you now want to spend another £12 million.

If you factored that in then you would realise the players you mentioned incorrectly as £2-3 million each would then be just under £3-4 million each, That's at least £12 million for 4 players, which would be a ridiculous supposition in our current position.

You have posted often that you think we have the calibre of players we require already. Why do you now want to spend another £12 million.

Exactly so we don't have the luxury of giving them a season next year to "bed in" as Bp9 suggests

We are well behind because of the utter incompetence and lack of leadership at boardroom level and beyond.This club had the chance to move forward financially.Thank goodness Ally and his staff has progressed at the rate we allowed for.To blame Mc Coist for our failings is incomprehensible and utterly ridiculous.We are the only club in Scotland that can still win a treble of sorts.Some have been brought up in a time of opulence and cannot come to terms with, that we have been well and truly screwed ,and have to blame the management to suit their own agendas,,,,,,,,,

Thank goodness Ally and his staff has progressed at the rate we allowed for.

That's a matter of opinion mate

To me and many others good players have regressed, wage bill for players far too high and little progress on the footballing side there's nothing being built or have to show for

We are still in the Scottish Cup ,Ramsdens Cup and won the league by a mile.He has NO leeway but to win the league and beyond.He has NO way of failing.He HAS to make sure he meets they targets.He has and beyond in my opinion.I just think you had made up your mind long ago,and by the way mate,I certainly don't think he is the man to take us where we want be football wise,but he was the man to take us forward as a club,after the circus that has entailed us with jokers and money grabbing bstrds that could not give a monkeys about this club,,,,shower of bastards.....

In preparation for our first SPL season back.

Lets just say everything's fine in the boardroom.

We need a RB, CB, CM, RW, ST.

Get solid players in for those positions or get a youth player brought threw who's good enough.

You could scout players and pick up boys for free or cheap that are good enough. I'd say spending money £5m is the max we'd pay out in a summer.

Get solid players in for those positions or get a youth player brought threw who's good enough.

You could scout players and pick up boys for free or cheap that are good enough. I'd say spending money £5m is the max we'd pay out in a summer.

We could sadly forget about winning a top flight title mate if that's the case

Would be better to save as much as possible and really get what we need and go for it

RB Foster and MacCausland will be our optioms there.

CM Black Hutton Peralta young Lewis and other youth will be our options.

Up front we have Gallagher (potential RM as well) Daly Little Clarke and youth as well as Jig if he stays.

CB i kinda agree on as although both Perry and Hegerty will be back neither are very good but will easily handle the Championship next year.

RM we do need a new signing we look so lop sided it is unreal

You assume to much as usual - I am assuming we will be looking at decent player that we can develop and can so a job - like we did with Clark - but these younger, promising players need time so if we could get them for next season I would - yes it would be nice to have a marquee player or two but that can wait till the top flight!

You assume to much as usual - I am assuming we will be looking at decent player that we can develop and can so a job - like we did with Clark - but these younger, promising players need time so if we could get them for next season I would - yes it would be nice to have a marquee player or two but that can wait till the top flight!

Do you not at least understand people's concerns about spending money we won't need in order to get promoted next year and saving as much as possible for decent players on our top flight return?