To Those Still Standing By Ally

WCPRANGERS1

How many of the Raith Rovers team were internationalists at any level Gogzy?

This argument (like others) works both ways.

Does it really? I am responding to a point that we had a FULL team of internationalists, when we clearly didn't.

I am not making excuses for us against Raith, fuck sake that result was the straw for me and I no longer have faith in Ally, but I will still point out inaccuracies where I see them.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really? I am responding to a point that we had a FULL team of internationalists, when we clearly didn't.

I am not making excuses for us against Raith, fuck sake that result was the straw for me and I no longer have faith in Ally, but I will still point out inaccuracies where I see them.

Just a general comment which could have been worded better to be fair.

How many international starts has bell had?

When was the last time jig played internationally?

Wallace I will give you.

how often does Black get a game for Scotland?

Shiels I'll give you.

Daly fair enough.

you can add peralta to that list.

Out of our stadard 1st team, there are only a couple who can be classed as international, and one of those is peralta, and noone wants him here :lol:

Not to go against almighty gogzy but Daly is not an international player, hes not had a cap for Ireland.

Not to go against almighty gogzy but Daly is not an international player, hes not had a cap for Ireland.

Really? I always thought he had had a fair few games for ireland :lol:

Well strike him off the list, which helps my point ;)

Because he's the manager in charge and he'll get my backing.

My view is simple and I think people forget our circumstances.

We were thrown out of the SPL, our players left us, we had no licence to operate and therefore had no idea what we had to plan for. We had no cash (at that time all we had was the funding the initial investors put in, no IPO cash). The idea we had this nice easy time to plan our return to the top was nonsense.

We were fighting for a licence, fighting title stripping, looking for sponsors, trying to bring fans onside to the new regime. Don't forget that Green and Co took a long time to get fans onside.

In all of this, we got players where we could, i.e. mercenaries - they came for the cash.

Could we have gone for 1st divison players? Perhaps...it would have been a huge risk, they would have come for the cash too but wouldn't be as good as who we had.

Would the fans have accepted paying a season ticket to watch 1st division players (never mind some suggestions to buy 2nd division part timers!)? Who knows, but all the Mr Hindsights on here say it would have been a great thing!

Rangers means success and striving for the best, what a field day our media and rivals would make of our club operating with part timers and journeymen?

So, we bought mercenaries and they've largely delivered title success but they don't love the jersey. They don't feel the passion and they've let us down time and again.

We have a first team (just) of pros, after that kids. Pros on mercenary wages, and with mercenaries you've got to keep them happy. McCoist has no wriggle room, the players own all the power. Drop them? Will they care? They get paid regardless, who do you replace them with, kids?

When results falter and you have pissed off the mercenaries, who do you turn to? They don't care. And McCoist has no money to replace them.

McCoist we know has Rangers at heart, bleeds blue. I'm willing to stand behind him, all I ask is he takes us back into the SPL while the Board restores our income streams and seeks fresh investment.

I don't enjoy some of the football, McCoist's tactics at times infuriates me. But I think we've been badly let down by the players. Rangers need to win. Winning is everything and given our defence, that means we need to protect it.

Drawing isn't an option, losing is unthinkable. So we shore up our defence and that detracts from our offensive play.

I think people have a very blinkered and narrow view of where we are and our circumstances. Any new manager will have the same issues McCoist has, players who know won't be dropped or replaced.

Until we have cash to be able to replace these guys, until they feel the fear (i.e. last year of contracts, wanting renewals) we'll not see 110% being given and therefore new Managers for me won't change a thing.

Cheers mate, enjoyed reading that and although I don't agree with you regarding Ally as a manager you have at least opened up on why rather than just a standard answer.

Name one club you think would be likely to offer him a position as manager?

That's a ridiculous question, as the club(s) in question would need to be actively searching for a new manager - suffice to say that I am convinced that when/if the time comes, Ally McCoist would be well up the pecking order of preferred candidates for most jobs in Scotland.

This. Simple concise to the point and accurate. I honestly the Brechin match, the first on our road back, would be the first step on our 'stairway to heaven'. Sadly, and the management team are wholly culpable, it has been more like a 'slide into mediocrity'.

Really wanted Ally to succeed but he has failed to manage any improvement over two years

I was there that day, total anti climax. I assumed it would get better later in the season, I was wrong.

I would love nothing more than for Ally to be our greatest manager but that simply isnt the case, I love the man he is my childhood hero but he hasnt improved the team whatsoever and I dont see how next season could possibl get any better.

How many international starts has bell had?

When was the last time jig played internationally?

Wallace I will give you.

how often does Black get a game for Scotland?

Shiels I'll give you.

Daly fair enough.

you can add peralta to that list.

Out of our stadard 1st team, there are only a couple who can be classed as international, and one of those is peralta, and noone wants him here :lol:

So you can only class a player as an international if they are actually playing for their country at this moment, fine then I'll rephrase my statement to current and past international players and thanks for reminding me of Peralta forgot about him.

So an almost full team of current and past full international level players and U21 players are doing the bare minimum against semi pros and we should hail this as some sort of achievement.

Ally McCoist would be well up the pecking order of preferred candidates for most jobs in Scotland.

I really doubt it. In fact I'd put a wager on with you that he doesn't get a managers job in a top tier league ever following his spell with us.

That's a ridiculous question, as the club(s) in question would need to be actively searching for a new manager - suffice to say that I am convinced that when/if the time comes, Ally McCoist would be well up the pecking order of preferred candidates for most jobs in Scotland.

What on earth gives you that impression? Seriously.

He has had one management job, where he threw away a 15 point lead, then for the next two seasons he has had a MASSIVE financial advantage over his competition, and his team has played maybe one good game (vs motherwell) in the past two years.

If you were a fan of another club there is no way you'd be hoping Ally would be your next manager. Hes done nothing to show he is capable. Unless its some mid-table club in the lower leagues who is happy to stay that way. No club hoping to progress would want Ally as manager based on what hes done.

Sorry, didnt realise you were being sarcastic and trying to be funny!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Your such a joker!

What on earth gives you that impression? Seriously.

He has had one management job, where he threw away a 15 point lead, then for the next two seasons he has had a MASSIVE financial advantage over his competition, and his team has played maybe one good game (vs motherwell) in the past two years.

If you were a fan of another club there is no way you'd be hoping Ally would be your next manager. Hes done nothing to show he is capable. Unless its some mid-table club in the lower leagues who is happy to stay that way. No club hoping to progress would want Ally as manager based on what hes done.

It's not an impression, it's what I think and it was in answer to a question.

He has had one management job, where he quickly built a 15 point lead, then for the next two seasons he has won the league.

There are, in my opinion, plenty of clubs who would be interested in the knowledge of the game, league winning pedigree and managerial skills that Ally would bring

He has had one management job, where he quickly built a 15 point lead, then for the next two seasons he has won the league.

There are, in my opinion, plenty of clubs who would be interested in the knowledge of the game, league winning pedigree and managerial skills that Ally would bring

Nurse!!!!!!!

This. Simple concise to the point and accurate. I honestly the Brechin match, the first on our road back, would be the first step on our 'stairway to heaven'. Sadly, and the management team are wholly culpable, it has been more like a 'slide into mediocrity'.

Really wanted Ally to succeed but he has failed to manage any improvement over two years

To be frank, those of you who criticised the performance in the 1st game of 2012/13 against Brechin were idiots

We don't agree on everything mate, but did give me the best laugh of the day with this one.

Hodor could have won the 2nd and 3rd division. He quickly built a 15 point lead to throw it away.

I think its ridiculous to allude to the 15 point lead, a season is a seaon, that season was an epic failure made worse by the fact we had it in our hands and threw it away.

What managerial skills would Ally bring? What has Ally done to turn a game around that was going the wrong way? How many players of "international class" have came to us under Ally and went backwards?

He would have been the laughing stock of British Football if he had failed to win the leagues, and as much as I hate this wording being thrown around - hes failed to impress against janitors and plumbers. No one is scared of the Rangers any more. Because Ally has turned a potentially SPL class side into a group of duds.

To be frank, those of you who criticised the performance in the 1st game of 2012/13 against Brechin were idiots

I understand why youd say that, first game out of admin, no pre season, just got our license etc.

But I was there by the hedge, not one of our players really even looked up for it. They acted the same that day as they do now. It was a sign of things to come, but we were all so glad just to be playing football we ignored it.